Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
How many Gallons do you have on your current race rig and what have you replaced? >

How many Gallons do you have on your current race rig and what have you replaced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many Gallons do you have on your current race rig and what have you replaced?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 01:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Must admit, much as i love my RC8 i am kind of wanting to try one, they are so well built... the XB8 suffered for a few reasons, particuly on MotoX style tracks, hence never really took off over here. If i got one though it would be more inexpensive once i get back to the UK, i just saw news of the price hike due to the dollar... back home i have a better than average hobby shop deal. Over here an RC8 is not expensive and i know how good it is plus the backup.

Practicality says no, curiousity says... mmmmhhhh.

Sorry about drifting this off topic.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

You should get the 808 so then you can give us an accurate comparison of what both do well and which you like most from someone who actually has both and has raced both.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would love to do a direct comparison with the RC8 and 808. I have driven plenty of Losi's as well as XB8's and owned a K car on top. My most experiance is with the RC8 though, racing it about 8 months now. AE has impressed me outright as a company in both the UK and U.S both with company after sales service and the team drivers at the tracks both sides of the pond. I haven't seen much in the way of the Xray team drivers to form an opinion.

If i had the cash to splash i would grab an 808 to race for a few weekends and see how i got on with it, so far i haven't seen one with any real mileage to see how it holds up and i could put a lot of track time on one very quickly... right now though i need a new car and engine, already have a bunch of RC8 spares and i am very confident in the car and the back up and an extra $100+ on a car then basic spares when i need to reboot my whole ride is too much right this second.

Maybe if i have a couple of weeks of great business i can go the luxury route