Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi product support; Leaves something to be desired. >

Losi product support; Leaves something to be desired.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi product support; Leaves something to be desired.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

Default Update:

I got through to horizon hobby. After holding just a few minutes, I spoke with 'Mac' who took my address and said he would have new tires and rims on the way!

This is excellent. All it took was a bit of patience and an insane amount of persistence, but it got done.

As a side note, don't bother calling 'Bill' at the Losi number, he doesn't seem to call you back, ever.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default ?

Originally Posted by moto431
this thread just needs to be deleted. its not helping anyone out and is just causing problems. i think if you as a consumer are not satisfied in any way with the company you buy your products from then maybe you should look for a different company to get your products. if customer service is a big deal to you then find a company that is going to suit your needs.........
x2
Old 08-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

all i have seen in this thread is people putting each other down. one of the reasons i find myself not even coming to this website as often as i would like. get tired of reading nothing that is helping anyone
Old 08-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
In case you guys have failed to notice, rocket motorsports, move over, oxymoron, and sakajaru are the same people. He is the only person who backs himself up. Thats why yet another one of his screen names got suspended.
This is getting to be like Trinity Tech Talk in the old days. People had 6 screen names, it was like the Wild West....
Old 08-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

ya tell me about it...i spend 2 or 3 hours a day dealing with the site.....
Old 08-13-2008, 02:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Well Horizon CS is still good!!

Ironically, In case anybody cares, I sent a Spektrum Receiver that wouldn't bind anymore to Horizon service center on July 25th with a nice letter explaining my problem and how I had faith in Horizon that they would fix it free of charge, "Since I own 5 of them" and Today, well yesterday, Tuesday Aug 12, They Fedex'd me a brand new one in the box "Replaced Per customer satisfaction". Now to me thats good service, Granted I know their product went bad prematurely but they stood behind it.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Yeah, I've also found the horizon service center very good at working on the problems that their customers are having, they have done me well the one time I sent something back, well done Horizon Hobbys
Old 08-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They fixed my old DX3 transmitter that had a small problem without complaint and turnaround was about a week. Couldnt have been happier with the C.S.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

wes95_z28: you should come to Tulsa and race w/ us! you can get information at
http://www.tulsaracing.org/forums/

No packages yet, but it has not been long. We will give them more time. I think they will follow through.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Update!

Update:

Today I received a package in the mail from Horizon. They sent me a brand new set of tires and rims. To dismiss the issue as quickly as possible, they sent pre-mounted tires. Excellent!

At this point I have to recant some earlier statements. It turns out after actually getting to speak with a Horizon customer support representative they have provided more then adequate, in fact, exceptional customer/product support.

My suggestion to other Losi customers/enthusiasts: If you have any issues with Losi products, deal with the Horizon support line and not the Losi one provided for 'racing products'.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Larks
My suggestion to other Losi customers/enthusiasts: If you have any issues with Losi products, deal with the Horizon support line and not the Losi one provided for 'racing products'.
hehe, to quote what I said on page one, message three...

Originally Posted by boostfiend
That said; I emailed the Losi support team on their website and waited one day. No email, so I went to Horizon and sent their support an email. The next day I had a reply. Although they seemed a bit confused by my email, assuming I had purchased the RTR or Assembled buggy. I replied with all my information again and was taken care of.
Horizon takes care of us. Glad you got it worked out - now go wear those tires out!
Old 08-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

wes95_z28: you should come to Tulsa and race w/ us! you can get information at
http://www.tulsaracing.org/forums/

No packages yet, but it has not been long. We will give them more time. I think they will follow through.

Might do that one of these days, my only problem is that I have to work till 2:00 PM on Saturdays, therefore its a mad dash to get to Action RC by 3:00 and get some practice time in.

I would have to have a Saturday off to race up there, but every now and then I get lucky and get one. Who knows you may see me sooner than you think.

I will be the guy with the orange and white Kyosho 777 that is usually upside down.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
Might do that one of these days, my only problem is that I have to work till 2:00 PM on Saturdays, therefore its a mad dash to get to Action RC by 3:00 and get some practice time in.

I would have to have a Saturday off to race up there, but every now and then I get lucky and get one. Who knows you may see me sooner than you think.

I will be the guy with the orange and white Kyosho 777 that is usually upside down.
Actually, currently we race on 1st and 3rd Sundays. You will just have to skip church =). Sign up at our forums and you can keep in touch with guys about racing. (make sure we are planning on a large turnout before you drive) Our track is pretty brutal. IMHO it definitely makes you a better driver =)
BTW, I went to school in Norman.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by boostfiend
hehe, to quote what I said on page one, message three...

Horizon takes care of us. Glad you got it worked out - now go wear those tires out!
I have always been criticized for not reading close enough =). Thanks again for the input!
Old 08-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have always been criticized for not reading close enough =). Thanks again for the input!

Hehe; and again, glad you got it worked out. As long as we keep getting a good product and good service, I think Losi has me for the long haul.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.