R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-06-2008, 05:01 AM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

For teh love of all thats holy!!
1 Learn to spell and show a minimal effort at grammar, some of you post like you have the IQ of a houseplant
2 Horizon Hobby/Losi to me has the best customer service I have experienced in my 40 years of life. I couldnt be any happier or satisfied.
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:46 AM   #62
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggydriver View Post
this is kinda off topic but i go to the local track and 3 guys from losi are always out there testing brushless 8th scales and shit and i go take a look at its like top secret they are very rude when i ask questions and they act like i a spy from AE i mean cummon im a kid at the track trying to learn i now will never buy a losi because of their attitude. plus lets be realisteic guys brushless 1/8 sclae is alreay out there and what i find really funny is that there is a few backyard brushless systems at the track and they just tear the losi ones apart totally lame
Might I suggest that if you talk even remotely similar to the way in which you write that either they couldn't understand you or thought you a spy for al Queda looking to acquire weapons on mass destruction.
move over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:25 AM   #63
Tech Addict

Quote:
this is kinda off topic but i go to the local track and 3 guys from losi are always out there testing brushless 8th scales and shit and i go take a look at its like top secret they are very rude when i ask questions and they act like i a spy from AE i mean cummon im a kid at the track trying to learn i now will never buy a losi because of their attitude. plus lets be realisteic guys brushless 1/8 sclae is alreay out there and what i find really funny is that there is a few backyard brushless systems at the track and they just tear the losi ones apart totally lame
That would be called testing and R&D. No they don't want you to see the vehicle, no they don't want to answer your questions about the vehicle. They are in there testing phase. They want to keep everything as quite as possible, the last thing they want is some kid walking around trying to get a sneak peek of what is probably going to be one of the hottest selling tickets once it is released. They don't want you near it for fear of you coming on the Internet and spilling your guts about what you saw, just like you have here, and the last thing they want is you taking pictures of it or anything like that.

So let em be rude, there doing there job, let em do it and leave em the hell alone. Every company, not just losi will do exactly what you mentioned in your post when they are doing R&D.

Kyosho 777 WC w/ big bores, RB S5, ACE 1313 s., Air 357 t., JP-3
HPI Savage X SS, Axial .28, Hitec 5645 Steering servo
Nitro TC3, O.S. .18 CV-R
Associated RC18T, Brushless, Lipo
wes95_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:26 AM   #64
Tech Adept

I love to see people attack other people's posts grammatically and/or syntactically. It makes it especially funny when they have poor usage themselves. I am no English teacher but common guys. If you want to flame, start a thread "flame me". Here we are talking about Losi product support, hence the title.

As far as the R&D, I am glad to see that they are working in that area, however I believe there is typically a way to resolve all issues w/o being rude. Unfortunately however, many times 'rude' is in the eye of the beholder. (or ear of the?...)

Support Update: Still no update
Larks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:29 AM   #65
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larks View Post
I love to see people attack other people's posts grammatically and/or syntactically. It makes it especially funny when they have poor usage themselves. I am no English teacher but common guys. If you want to flame, start a thread "flame me". Here we are talking about Losi product support, hence the title.

As far as the R&D, I am glad to see that they are working in that area, however I believe there is typically a way to resolve all issues w/o being rude. Unfortunately however, many times 'rude' is in the eye of the beholder. (or ear of the?...)

Support Update: Still no update
If you're still waiting for a reply from Support@losi, you need to review my first post again.
boostfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:33 AM   #66
Suspended

Quote:
I love to see people attack other people's posts grammatically and/or syntactically. It makes it especially funny when they have poor usage themselves. I am no English teacher but common guys. If you want to flame, start a thread "flame me".
"syntactically" is not a word

and I think the phrase you were looking for was "come on guys" and not "common guys"

Old 08-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #67
Tech Adept

syntactically
One entry found.

syntactic

Main Entry:
syn·tac·tic Listen to the pronunciation of syntactic
Pronunciation:
\sin-ˈtak-tik\
Variant(s):
or syn·tac·ti·cal Listen to the pronunciation of syntactical \-ti-kəl\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
New Latin syntacticus, from Greek syntaktikos arranging together, from syntassein
Date:

: of, relating to, or according to the rules of syntax or syntactics
— syn·tac·ti·cal·ly Listen to the pronunciation of syntactically \-ti-k(ə-)lē\ adverb

And I am sorry for representing "come on guys" as "common guys". As I said, I am not an English teacher and therefore do not pass judgment on other peoples grammatical errors. Why don't you take the grade school approach; If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:50 AM   #68
Suspended

Quote:
Why don't you take the grade school approach; If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Might I suggest you follow your own advice before giving of it so freely to others.
Maybe this thread wouldn't have been here in the first place.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:07 AM   #69
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by move over View Post
Might I suggest you follow your own advice before giving of it so freely to others.
Maybe this thread wouldn't have been here in the first place.
I will challenge you to find something that I have said on this thread that was personally unfriendly to any other users of this forum. At most I have defended myself. As far as suggesting that I have had, as of late, bad experience with customer support through Losi, I find that hard to be taken as a personal attack on any particular individual.

I have further decided that defending myself from unsolicited attacks is not worth my time. This is my last defense. Say what you want.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #70
Tech Adept

I just left another message with "Bill" at Losi technical support. I will keep you guys updated to when he returns my call.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:41 PM   #71
Suspended

Quote:
I have further decided that defending myself from unsolicited attacks is not worth my time.
Unsolicited attacks?
Maybe this thread wouldn't have been here in the first place if you hadn't done the same.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #72
Tech Addict

In case you guys have failed to notice, rocket motorsports, move over, oxymoron, and sakajaru are the same people. He is the only person who backs himself up. Thats why yet another one of his screen names got suspended.

Nitro TC3, O.S. .18 CV-R
Old 08-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #73
Tech Initiate

I can't believe the time and effort this retard takes to change user names and try to get his posts in. He's one messed up little man. Surely, the moderators can do something to keep him off the site completely. I'm sick of seeing him in one form or another.
Newell33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #74
Tech Adept

they can lick me yee haw a brushless 1/8th scale theirs is slow as xxxxthere is people at the track with backyard built ones and they are way faster and way cleaner setup i mean cummon whats it matter if i go online and spill my guts its obvsly not that top secret or they would be doing it on a private track

Last edited by Matt M.; 08-06-2008 at 07:48 PM.
ruggydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:05 PM   #75
Tech Addict

Quote:
they can lick me yee haw a brushless 1/8th scale theirs is slow as xxxxthere is people at the track with backyard built ones and they are way faster and way cleaner setup i mean cummon whats it matter if i go online and spill my guts its obvsly not that top secret or they would be doing it on a private track
Man, you really dont get it do you?

Nitro TC3, O.S. .18 CV-R