R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2008, 06:13 AM   #46
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 592
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes95_z28 View Post
Rocket is a douchebag, I dont like him, he seems to think he has the correct answer for everything, and cant seem to keep himself from downtalking something in everythread.

This is not the first or last time he has ever done this. And as you can tell Im not the only one who feels this way.
Reported.
rocket-mtrsprts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:42 AM   #47
Tech Champion
 
RCGaryK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 7,331
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
I submitted some data to Losi technical for a concern. I never heard back from. Yet they can keep sending Team Losi product emails to me instead about new products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larks View Post
Just to clear any confusion up...
I am not speaking bad about the losi product. I like both my truggy and buggy. However, as the title suggests, I am suggesting that possibly they have some work to do in the area of customer support. All the issues coming from the pre-built truggy were minor. I do think that the race-roller is a bit oversold as in "tuned to exacting specifications" and "ready for serious competition as soon as you open the box". As for the "outrageous demands" I made in my email, here is a copy.

Again, I am NOT commenting on the product. I like my losi rc vehicles. I am still, and will be still driving them. My comments are about the product support. I hope that if people speak out about bad experiences, the manufactures can improve their performance.
I am curious what e-mail address you guys are using? Larks, check your PM's, had some questions for you as well in an effort to help.
__________________
Site Content Specialist- Surface
HorizonHobby.Com

Horizon Hobby is on YouTube with hundreds of different videos! Visit us at
http://www.youtube.com/HorizonRCdotCom
RCGaryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:15 PM   #48
Tech Elite
 
ezveedub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,411
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGaryK View Post
I am curious what e-mail address you guys are using? Larks, check your PM's, had some questions for you as well in an effort to help.
feedback@losi.com

That's what is posted here:
http://www.losi.com/Support/
__________________
Kyosho, Mugen Seiki, Maxy's Fuel, KO Propo
O.S., Ninja JX, Novarossi, RMV
ezveedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #49
Tech Addict
 
wes95_z28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Norman, Ok
Posts: 747
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket-mtrsprts View Post
Reported.
Ummm congratulations, got yourself suspended too. Im proud of you.
__________________
Wes

Kyosho 777 WC w/ big bores, RB S5, ACE 1313 s., Air 357 t., JP-3
HPI Savage X SS, Axial .28, Hitec 5645 Steering servo
Nitro TC3, O.S. .18 CV-R
Associated RC18T, Brushless, Lipo
wes95_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #50
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes95_z28 View Post
Rocket is a douchebag, I dont like him, he seems to think he has the correct answer for everything, and cant seem to keep himself from downtalking something in everythread.
really mature reply
__________________
"the words cheap and fast should not be used in the same sentence"
oxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:31 PM   #51
Tech Addict
 
wes95_z28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Norman, Ok
Posts: 747
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
really mature reply
Umm, thanks??? I guess??? Your opinion has been noted, do I care?
__________________
Wes

Kyosho 777 WC w/ big bores, RB S5, ACE 1313 s., Air 357 t., JP-3
HPI Savage X SS, Axial .28, Hitec 5645 Steering servo
Nitro TC3, O.S. .18 CV-R
Associated RC18T, Brushless, Lipo
wes95_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:17 PM   #52
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 235
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

this thread just needs to be deleted. its not helping anyone out and is just causing problems. i think if you as a consumer are not satisfied in any way with the company you buy your products from then maybe you should look for a different company to get your products. if customer service is a big deal to you then find a company that is going to suit your needs.........
moto431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:12 AM   #53
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 92
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto431 View Post
this thread just needs to be deleted. its not helping anyone out and is just causing problems. i think if you as a consumer are not satisfied in any way with the company you buy your products from then maybe you should look for a different company to get your products. if customer service is a big deal to you then find a company that is going to suit your needs.........
+1
szakcajaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:34 AM   #54
Tech Champion
 
RCGaryK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 7,331
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
Thanks.
__________________
Site Content Specialist- Surface
HorizonHobby.Com

Horizon Hobby is on YouTube with hundreds of different videos! Visit us at
http://www.youtube.com/HorizonRCdotCom
RCGaryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:29 AM   #55
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
So the guy had some concerns, big deal. He could have sorted them out over the phone with losi, and instead he comes on here to dis them. That ain';t kewl. Since when did it become acceptable to use discussion boards to air your dirty laundry or irrational complaints? This doesn't help the hobby or the industry, and other sites I frequent have specific rules against that kind of behavior for that very reason.
And rocket called him for it, good for him. But since when did it not become alright for someone to speak their mind, it wasn't like he called the guy any bad names or broke any rctech rules, and it wasn't nearly as bad or distastefull as what some of you have done by attacking him enmasse.


If you don't like a guy, move on. If you don't belive or approve of someone's opinion, ignore it and go to the next post. If we're going to spend our time beating guys up for what they say pretty soon they'll be no one here.
I think you need to reread the first page. I wasn't attempting to dis Losi. In fact I made several compliments to their product. I was intending to speak out and provide a review of the Losi product support, or the lack there of.
Furthermore, the people (myself included) that you are attacking were simply defending me. If you will read the progression of the posts, rocket was the first to personally sling mud. But I take it the forum admins took care of that.
As far as suggesting I call Losi, again re-read the post. I have 9 calls to Losi now without speaking to someone that can/will help me. They just take my name and number and never return call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
What was it that he said that you found so offensive considering it was in response to a pretty pitiful initial post in this discussion. Just because rocket had his hand slapped is no reason for you guys to keep picking on him if he didn't break any rules here. Just piling on is pretty immature IMO.
Sure people have a right to expect a decent product, but to cry incessantly about something this inconsequential is over the top.
Again, "pretty pitiful post", how so? If you have some advice as to how I can achieve my goals (getting my defective parts replaced) please post that. Don' t simply attack my post. I am open to suggestions, and looking for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfiend View Post
SO if I offer MY opinion, it's wrong? Hmmm, double standard.

Look thru his posts. He offers nothing but blathering. It's not the number of posts, it's HOW you post.

I agree that he came here looking for a fight - now that you bring that up.

Like how I spin that?
+1 good insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto431 View Post
this thread just needs to be deleted. its not helping anyone out and is just causing problems. i think if you as a consumer are not satisfied in any way with the company you buy your products from then maybe you should look for a different company to get your products. if customer service is a big deal to you then find a company that is going to suit your needs.........
As a consumer I have a right to receive non defective parts. If your argument is that by purchasing something defective I should just be warned and not purchase from that company, I wouldn't want to take that risk again. If that is the case then I can argue as a responsible consumer I have the obligation to warn other consumers of that risk.

As an ending thought, I do agree this topic as steered off topic. If you have some advice to how I can get my defective reparts repaired, replaced, or a better contact, please feel free to provide suggestions. Thank you to those of you that have provided some help. Constructive criticism is also welcome. However I would appreciate if the mud slinging stops. No reason for anyone to do name calling or bashing. Thanks for your help.
Larks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:57 PM   #56
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larks View Post
Constructive criticism is also welcome. However I would appreciate if the mud slinging stops. No reason for anyone to do name calling or bashing. Thanks for your help.
funny, but the only people you agreed with were those that took your side
move over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:47 AM   #57
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by move over View Post
funny, but the only people you agreed with were those that took your side
I don't really see how that is funny. Typically you agree with people that agree with you. Several people have offered solutions, like sending an email, that I hadn't done yet. I took their advice and tried it. In general, if people had constructive criticism of any kind I may or may not have commented at all. Those people are doing their best to make some suggestions, which is constructive whether I agree or not and therefore is appreciated. I am commenting on the tangent this thread has become. I have received assistance through PM. I am if OPS close this.
Larks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:31 AM   #58
Tech Addict
 
IanWright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: If i'm not in England i'm in Southern California
Posts: 532
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to IanWright
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
I
As for the Losi kits, Horizon is a corporate business selling products from various brands. Those items are mostly being made in China for very low costs. As for the profits, thats they're main objective. Quantity over quality IMO. If you got bad parts, they usually can send some for free, since they're parts costs are cheap. If they never get back to you, you might as well take care of it yourself IMO.
I don't really run any products from Horizon, but i have seen at close hand the way they take care of people in the UK and have been nothing but impressed. I don't know ANYTHING about Horizon U.S.A but thought i would drop a line mentioning the U.K part. They are all about racing and support from what i have seen, both on and off the track.
IanWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #59
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 223
Default

I am over joyed that many have had wonderful experiences. Maybe that means I was just coincidentally unlucky. I am sure in time they will get me sorted out.

On the flip side of things, I am typically coincidentally lucky. My E8T runs with a Mamba Monster Max (of which most peoples failed it seems). Mine runes awesome!

I hope with future dealings with Losi they take care of me as well as it seems they have taken care of many.
Larks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:04 AM   #60
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 234
Default

this is kinda off topic but i go to the local track and 3 guys from losi are always out there testing brushless 8th scales and i go take a look at its like top secret they are very rude when i ask questions and they act like i a spy from AE i mean cummon im a kid at the track trying to learn i now will never buy a losi because of their attitude. plus lets be realisteic guys brushless 1/8 sclae is alreay out there and what i find really funny is that there is a few backyard brushless systems at the track and they just tear the losi ones apart totally lame

Last edited by Aaron Waldron; 08-06-2008 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Language
ruggydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Product Support from Spectrum, need advice! MetalShield Nitro Off-Road 3 06-29-2008 11:00 PM
Arcadia RC Support Thread + Product Announcements ArcadiaRC Australian Racing 79 04-02-2007 07:24 PM
Arcadia RC Support Thread + Product Information ArcadiaRC Singapore R/C Racers 18 09-30-2006 07:42 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:41 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net