Wiki Posts
Search

What Airfilter

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default What Airfilter

What do you guys use for airfilter housing/airfilter? I was looking at the mugen setup but it looks like the foam is only a one piece. I usually throw the filter out after a day of racing anyway. Any tips on what works best for you?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/1738
Old 07-25-2008, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

I use Motorsavers style airfilters with a prefilter. Some don't like Motorsaver but I have not had any problems with them. I wash my filter(s) and oil the primary filter after each day of racing. At some races, I carry three or four replacement filters (foams). On my 5b, I use a Outerwears pre pre filter. That works really well! I may get an Outerwears style prefilter for my truggy. Some guys use a gause style filter.. It might be gause! but that works well also.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

+1 on the MotorSavers
Old 07-25-2008, 12:05 PM

Xray housing with power save foams. Cant tell you how great this combo is.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

EDS inner and outer foams in an Xray filter housing....works very well.

I also had great luck with the RB Concept filter housing and RB filters....IMO these are the best filters in the industry. The cage is heavy though...
Old 07-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Motorsavers
Old 07-25-2008, 10:48 PM
Tech Addict

Wow this air filter thing is coming up a lot... LOL

I'll just ad to include one of these dry layer covers from ebay, with any filter style to really save your race motors... These things should come in every kit!

http://stores.ebay.com/UndergroundRCParts
Old 07-26-2008, 01:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Here's the one I use I think they are the best.
http://www.prolineracing.com/p-427-1...ir-filter.aspx

Low-Pro is exactly what Pro-Line’s air filter is all about. It offers a much lower center of gravity versus traditional air filters, a pre-filter for added air flow protection and easier filter maintenance. It’s low profile design relieves your 1:8 buggy concourse body of unneeded stress, and it’s race proven.

Pro-Line’s own Scott Hughes used it to capture the 2006 US 1:8 Truck National Championships in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The filter kit comes complete with filter, pre-filter, zip ties, low-pro boot, embossed Pro-Line logos, and Pro-Line quality. For easy air filter changing, check out the replacement foam filters available separately.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chedster
What do you guys use for airfilter housing/airfilter? I was looking at the mugen setup but it looks like the foam is only a one piece. I usually throw the filter out after a day of racing anyway. Any tips on what works best for you?
$11.49 from amain.com
$8.39 from carolinasrc.com

go figure...

https://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore...p?idproduct=17
Old 07-26-2008, 02:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Here's the one I use I think they are the best.
http://www.prolineracing.com/p-427-1...ir-filter.aspx

Low-Pro is exactly what Pro-Line’s air filter is all about. It offers a much lower center of gravity versus traditional air filters, a pre-filter for added air flow protection and easier filter maintenance. It’s low profile design relieves your 1:8 buggy concourse body of unneeded stress, and it’s race proven.

Pro-Line’s own Scott Hughes used it to capture the 2006 US 1:8 Truck National Championships in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The filter kit comes complete with filter, pre-filter, zip ties, low-pro boot, embossed Pro-Line logos, and Pro-Line quality. For easy air filter changing, check out the replacement foam filters available separately.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Misspell some words and take a few wrong turns with your grammar next time and you won't be so obvious.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NEMESIS44
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Misspell some words and take a few wrong turns with your grammar next time and you won't be so obvious.
Huh?
If your commenting on the paragraph at the bottom of the pics its from there web site.
I am not sponsored by them, I am a sportsman racer who uses this product.

Just trying to help a fellow racer out.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I run these with my stock mugen housing linky.
Another important thing is your choice of air filter oil. The thin oils that most of these filter come with are crap. If you want the best filtration use a motorcross type of oil like motul air filter oil. It's super sticky. Although you'll have to clean your filter more often, it keeps the dirt from grinding away your compression. Dirt is one of the major engine killers in RC. It's funny to see these racers complain that their >$400+ OS speed/RB/Nova engines are dead after 3 gallons and to open up their filter and see dirt in the intake.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've used a lot of different filters and the best one I've found is the filter that comes stock on the Jammin X1: Ofna 40127. The foam is really, really dense so it will filter out even really really fine dust, which is what the local track here has tons of. AE or Mugen oil is really good stuff to go with this filter, because it is so sticky. With other filters I've tried that have less dense foam (like the pro-line, stock Xray, or Panther) there is always a small amount of dust getting through and you can see it if you swab the inside of the filter elbow. The Ofna/Jammin filter is the only one I've tried that can pass the elbow swab test.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I just use the factory RC8 filters in my buggy, BUT I will tell you what, i'd give my left nut for one of RB Concept's filter setups. Suchhhh a beautiful assembly, just very very pricey. I'll get one eventually.

For my onroad cars though I use motorsavers, great damn filters.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

$37 with 4 extra foams and oil, isnt very very expensive....

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5763

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.