R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-03-2008, 10:49 PM   #61
Tech Addict

Guys keep in mind the Hi-flow (florescent green) ones wont stop as much dust as the standard style.

Last edited by CarCrazy; 10-09-2008 at 12:26 PM.
CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:21 AM   #62
Tech Apprentice

Hi flow version is for race day!

Standard for practice...
Inside_Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:31 AM   #63
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

I could'nt get these filter's to work on our dirt up here....I honestly dont get it....but w.e....this is how i getter done now...cheep and effective.

TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:47 AM   #64
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
I could'nt get these filter's to work on our dirt up here....I honestly dont get it....but w.e....this is how i getter done now...cheep and effective.

Ya, some tracks have crazy fine dust that just gets everywhere. Do you have any to hi-end flow issues with that much wrap on the filter, I tried it long time ago but my tune was weird..?
Old 10-18-2008, 11:10 AM   #65
Tech Lord

i did a Dry Suck test and it was fine...Dont try it with oil on the filter....Trust me. .....but i cant say ive noticed a tune difference...multiple of my buddy's are also using this method with no issues.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 10-24-2008, 11:49 AM   #66
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Filter Covers

I did the same test with this new Hi-flow filter, and noticed a small difference over the standard covers. But I'm sure the difference is negligible. Also these should fit fine on the new Losi 2.0.

Hi-flow:

Standard:

http://stores.ebay.com/UndergroundRCParts
Old 10-24-2008, 04:44 PM   #67
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCrazy View Post
I did the same test with this new Hi-flow filter, and noticed a small difference over the standard covers. But I'm sure the difference is negligible. Also these should fit fine on the new Losi 2.0.

Standard:

http://stores.ebay.com/UndergroundRCParts
Haven't tried the hi-flow but can't say enough good things about the standard ones. I used to change the filter out after every qualifier, now the inner filter looks barely used after a whole day racing.
rstnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:58 AM   #68
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Any one oiling both elements? Inside and out.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:21 PM   #69
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joereloader View Post
Any one oiling both elements? Inside and out.
Oil both inner and outer foam elements, but run the dry layer filter cover over both. It helps stop caking by not holding/attracting dirt like the exposed oiled foam will.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:48 PM   #70
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I use the O.S. Super 203 with prefilter....36.99 from amain...excellent filter..
hitec 5955tg/steering
ko propo 2367/throttle
m-11
buckeye34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:50 PM   #71
Tech Addict

Wow $37.00 thats a bit much...
Old 10-31-2008, 01:20 PM   #72
Tech Adept

I have tried the losi setup, with the ebay covers (regular not high flow). I still have to change my filter, at least the outer stage after every heat or about 6 mins. If I am in 30 min main, I don't change the filter during pit, I live with it. I can definitely tell by the end of the main my engine is running extra rich and getting close to flame out. I am sure my motor will not last as long. I don't know how you guys get 'several weekends' on a filter! I have even gone to the extent of trying to prototype an air cage in my body to shield the filter from all the dust.

Running the ebay covers definitely helps noticeably. The dust is usually trapped in the outer filter w/ the larger debris deflected by the ebay cover. My problem is in no time, the outer stage gets caked and restricts air flow, even with the ebay cover.
Larks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:26 PM   #73
Tech Lord

larks....Try my method....i had the exact same experiences with the filter not lasting as long in the dirt i race in.....same like u said...the underground filter's help...but if its that certain kind of dirt/dust its getting past the element no matter what......and really....how much is a roll of kimberly shop towel worth....2$ maby....100+sheets.....u get at least 3 cover's out of 1 sheet.........so 0.006$ per filter cover.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:55 PM   #74
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larks View Post
I have tried the losi setup, with the ebay covers (regular not high flow). I still have to change my filter, at least the outer stage after every heat or about 6 mins. If I am in 30 min main, I don't change the filter during pit, I live with it. I can definitely tell by the end of the main my engine is running extra rich and getting close to flame out. I am sure my motor will not last as long. I don't know how you guys get 'several weekends' on a filter! I have even gone to the extent of trying to prototype an air cage in my body to shield the filter from all the dust.

Running the ebay covers definitely helps noticeably. The dust is usually trapped in the outer filter w/ the larger debris deflected by the ebay cover. My problem is in no time, the outer stage gets caked and restricts air flow, even with the ebay cover.
Just wondering what kind of filter oil, and how much your using? Maybe going with a larger filter would help maybe like a thicker RB round style filter. What brand are you using?
Old 11-07-2008, 02:01 PM   #75
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

i use the rb filter and it awesome.. i also use pj1 filter oil. works great!
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote