R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-24-2008, 04:25 PM   #1

Default RB WS7 L2G vs RB C6 BBT

Which is the better motor and which is better suited to what, pros and cons please???
Loop&Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Allumina

I've heard nothing but bad news about the C6 BB. Personally, I have a brand spankin new WS7 Turbo L2G sitting on my desk, waiting for a buggy to put it in, just bought it yesterday. Can't. Frikken. Wait.

Sorry for the lack of facts
Allumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Small to medium track buggy or truggy go with the WS7. Big fast track with lots of bite go with a C6.

This opinion is based on what I've seen and heard, I have yet to run a C6BB myself.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Both motors have great top end, but to me the C6 has alittle more bottom end than the WS7. Both are great motors.
[URL="www.murnanmodified.com"]Murnan Modified Motors[/URL] [URL="www.radiopost.com"]Radiopost[/URL] [URL="www.powermasterfuels.com"]Powermaster Fuels[/URL] [URL="www.agamausa.com"]Agama USA[/URL] [URL="www.hobbyprousa.com"]Hobby Pro USA[/URL] [URL="www.bukupower.com"]BuKu Power[/URL] [URL="www.fastlanegear.com"]Fastlane Graphix[/URL]
seayya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:04 PM   #5
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I asked this very same question while I was in Australia at the local hobby shop. The guy at the shop told me that both have the same performance but the C6 gets better fuel mileage. I own a WS7 2fingers the a previous generation C6. Will test them out in the coming years.

For now, I'm quite happy running a S5 with WS7 internals.

Regards,
Joe Ling
Savage FLM ext. 5S MMM 8XL, E REVO Medusa 1600KV 6S MMM
Thunder Tiger ST Neu 1515 2000KV Lutach esc 5S 4800mah
joeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:24 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

According to Rody from RB: The WS7III has a slightly higher top end, but the C6BB will get to max RPM faster. I have owned the WS7II which is the same as the III as far as speed and accel. (better wear on the III) and have owned the C6BB. I prefer the C6BB as I have a very controlled throttle finger. Both are amazing engines really.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:00 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Allumina

In regards to my remark about the C6 BB, the guy who runs my LHS saids theres been nothing but trouble with this years C6 BB with inconsistencies, leaks, and stuff prematurely wearing out. But who knows, could just be two or three morons who bought the motor, ruined them and then complained. Whichever you choose, RB motors are better than dirty panties so you picked the right company
Allumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:08 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I've got the L2G WS73 in the 808 and the L2G C6BB in the XT8 and I can get over 9min on a medium size track with some long straights with both engines, these are the motor pipe combos. I haven't really ran full fuel time test just gauged it by heats vs fuel left, maybe more.These are my 1st nitro 1/8s and was told to get max runtime to go with the RB pipes, so I haven't changed whats working great.

As far as power down low the C6 takes the cake but not by a landslide, but I think it compliments the additional weight of the truggy nicely. It winds up plenty fast and pulls forever with my stock gearing.

The WS7 has more than enough bottom just not as strong, with great mid and top power. I personally couldn't ask for a better buggy motor from other peoples that I've driven (Nova, Werks and OS).

My thought process was: (which seems to be great for me)
more bottom less top / overweight truggy
less bottom more top/ barely makin' weight buggy

Both of these motors are very nice in my book, I wouldn't hesitate on buying each of these again for their same purpose.

Check out the RB products forum http://www.rbproducts.com/cgi-bin/ub...ultimatebb.cgi. Rody provides products support on his forum and there are numerous topics strictly on his engines.