R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-25-2008, 07:15 PM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
I have heard if you open up the exhaust p[ort can free up a TON of power too...

Just heard about it cause the stock C6 has way more power than I will ever need! With the 2045 the powerband is almost linear... Smooth from bottom to top end... Awesome combo for me!
Raising the exhaust port will give more peak horsepower but will narrow the power band. That is why on road motors have much higher exhaust ports than off road motors do.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
i actually run a C6 on a regular basis.....and KNOW for a Fact the 2045 compared to Other brand pipes gets left in the dust.....check out a few Dyno sheets with a 2045...ull get it eventually.
The factory guys switched from the 2020 to the 2045 not for power but for fuel economy, check the RB site it is stated there.
Loop&Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #18
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Actually the C6 responds extremely well to opening the exhaust port, by no means does it narrow out the powerband..on the contrary it fills out the powerband and gives the motor much higher peak output while doing it... the C6 has a MES 3 port exhaust.. in reality it should be considered one large bridged port.... what RB has done is open the 2 eyebrow ports 12 degrees earlier then the main center port... the 2 eyebrow ports consist of 30% total exhaust port area but are responsible for transferring 95% of the exhaust ...which as a result restricts the engines output bottom to top... by just rasing the center port to match the timing of the eyebrow ports the motor picks up pretty huge gains across the entire RPM range....... The crank timing on the C6 is also quite low for a motor of its caliber, once again a very easy source of power for those looking..... with the crank retimed and the exhaust ports matched the C6 turns into an animal, a huge increase in power and RPM over stock... With some tweaking of the port angles I have also lost no mileage over a stock C6.... the motor loves a 086 on a long header ..and will flat out kill any stock .21 and likely most all modified .21's... once dialed in the modified C6 I run is absolutely badass.....
Old 07-25-2008, 08:17 PM   #19
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

My comment was about raising exhaust ports in general, not specifically about the C6.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:20 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If you can get a loan of one to try , the nova9901 is a beautiful pipe for the ws7III....
Old 07-25-2008, 09:37 PM   #21
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
My comment was about raising exhaust ports in general, not specifically about the C6.
I agree for the most part with you..once an engine is timed to its sweet spot then adding exhaust timing will reduce low end power... but in some cases a motors stock exhaust timing is not ideal and rasing timing will actually increase overall power, but only till it hits its sweetspot, after that you will lose bottom if you add timing...... The C6 is definitely an impressive motor, its amazing how powerful it is considering the restrictions on the stock timing that are put in place....
Old 07-25-2008, 11:13 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
2045 on a C6....BAH.....Power KILLER Big time.

Obviously you have not used a C6 with a 2045 pipe?.. Well not a tuned one anyway..lol

As rezenclowd3 said.. The 2045 makes very usable (linear) power and i think RB knew what they were doing when they made this pipe to suit the engine. Or are RB stupid and dont know how to make a tuned pipe for there engines?

My C6 makes more than enough power with the 2045 in my truggy and i cant say i have ever had another engine/ engine pipe combination leave me in the dust.. A mate runs the same set up as me but with a JP3 pipe and i can tell you it sounds like shit (untuned) and this is proven in the way that he would allwase run 2 minutes short of me in run time (allwase had to refuel in 10 minute heats).. And do you think it made any more power than mine?.. any faster?.. more acceleration?. Dont think so

I doubt there are many racers that would trade fuel comsumption for a "more power" myth considering that on the track it wont hardly be noticable other than a diferent sound

Dave
rc skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:46 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Black

With whichever motor you do decide to go with send it to Uriah Murnan at Murnan Modified motors and he will have no problem making the motor run 12+ in a truggy driving punched!
Old 07-26-2008, 01:06 AM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

RB C6 i was getting 9 mins outta her
nitro rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 03:55 AM   #25
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default what fuel

i have been thinking about buying the c6 or the ws7 for my losi 8T and was just wondering what some of you thought which one would be better.
also what fuel do you guys run 30%race blends ?
any help would be greatly appriciated
thanks darrell
darrell49412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 06:06 AM   #26
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I run a C6BB7T in my 8T and it's a much better motor for it than the WS7 if you like bottom. The WS7 is more a buggy engine for the number of times I've seen it on the track. I get about 9.5 minutes with a 7mm/2045 combo. I used to run a Go 5 port in my truggy and I got about 8 minutes with that engine. It had more peak power, but wasn't as smooth.
All controlled by 3PK/FASST
magbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 06:29 AM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black View Post
With whichever motor you do decide to go with send it to Uriah Murnan at Murnan Modified motors and he will have no problem making the motor run 12+ in a truggy driving punched!
That's right!

March 08 Battle at the Beach in Ft. Walton Beach, FL (small track): I fired up Uriah's modified C6 on a ST-RR gave it about a 30 second warm up as we were walking to the track to do a fuel run before the qualifiers. TONS of power all across the RPM range. He stopped the truggy at the end of the strait away, I stopped the stop watch, it said 12.54 and has I got to the truggy it was still running. To my surprise it probably had enough fuel for 1-2 more laps.

My MBX5T on average size tracks gets anywhere from mid 11's to high 12's and run's 220's.

Uriah was running his C6 with a NovaRossi header (I believe long), a 9901 NovaRossi pipe, and Rocket Science Fuel 30%/8%. I run the same pipe but with a 98mm RB header, and Cold Fusion Fuel 30%/9%.

I will be trying out one of his WS7 on my buggy soon, and at that time I will have some experience with that engine as for fuel mileage.

You will not be disappointed in either engine.

BTW, Uriah has the modified RB C6 L2G in stock if interested.
[URL="www.murnanmodified.com"]Murnan Modified Motors[/URL] [URL="www.radiopost.com"]Radiopost[/URL] [URL="www.powermasterfuels.com"]Powermaster Fuels[/URL] [URL="www.agamausa.com"]Agama USA[/URL] [URL="www.hobbyprousa.com"]Hobby Pro USA[/URL] [URL="www.bukupower.com"]BuKu Power[/URL] [URL="www.fastlanegear.com"]Fastlane Graphix[/URL]
seayya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 07:36 AM   #28
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc skyline View Post
Obviously you have not used a C6 with a 2045 pipe?.. Well not a tuned one anyway..lol

Dave

.....yupp thats me...Never EVER Ran a modded "tuned" motor.

TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:12 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

My WS7 II (earlier model than current) and get 7:30 on a tank (buggy) very consistently. I run on *short* tracks a LOT as well and have run on intermediate sized tracks with the same mileage figures.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:45 PM   #30
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to IanWright

Anyone got a line on good places to shop for a C6 in the U.S?
IanWright is offline   Reply With Quote