Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Intermediate or Expert racer(move on) >

Intermediate or Expert racer(move on)

Intermediate or Expert racer(move on)

Old 07-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Intermediate or Expert racer(move on)

every rc driver know if they are intermediate or expert driver....

talking about racing or club racing im just wondering why they let the expert keep racing with intermediate... and this expert driver keep winning in intermediate class

and this expert driver lapped me multiple times....OMG......that's ok hope one day I'll be good and do the same too..

Last edited by sonyb; 07-24-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Suspended

Sandbagging's isn't going to stop happening any time soon so if you're an intermediate driver that can't win the A Main's I can't tell you anything other than this: get good
Old 07-23-2008, 10:23 AM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

There certainly is no better way to learn than to race against those who are better than you. I accidentally entered myself in the "expert" class at a track down in Arizona. I learned sooo much in that single race night. I also got a huge lesson in humility Nothing like watching a 14 year old wearing a shirt covered in r/c logos putting you 4 laps down by the end of a 5 minute heat.

I told him he needed to respect his elders and stop lapping me, but the little turd wouldn't listen
Old 07-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

I'll admit that I sandbagged last sat for the first time. I only did it because it was the first time at that track and I only got to run two tanks of practice. Yes, I did win, but it accually didn't come easy. There was a guy that I lapped 4 or 5 times in the main, but every time I was around him, he tried to race me. It was very frustrating, in expert this wouldn't have happined. If I was being lapped, I would move over and let them go, and I'd expect the same courtise in return. Anyway, I won't run sportsman again.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_B
There certainly is no better way to learn than to race against those who are better than you. I accidentally entered myself in the "expert" class at a track down in Arizona. I learned sooo much in that single race night. I also got a huge lesson in humility Nothing like watching a 14 year old wearing a shirt covered in r/c logos putting you 4 laps down by the end of a 5 minute heat.

I told him he needed to respect his elders and stop lapping me, but the little turd wouldn't listen
LOL.

I hear ya
Old 07-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

if your a local....i would like to think the RD would NOT let u enter Sportsman and Force u to race in the Expert class....ive even seen guys quali in sportsman and the lap times dont equate to a Novice...so they got bumped to the Expert....seems fair to me.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Thumbs up ?

If you know your an expert why did you sign up for sportsman. New track, no practice, thats part of being an expert. Going to a new track and being able to figure it out quik. Your getting mad cause you lapped someone 5 times in a class your not supposed to be in.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by moto431
If you know your an expert why did you sign up for sportsman. New track, no practice, thats part of being an expert. Going to a new track and being able to figure it out quik. Your getting mad cause you lapped someone 5 times in a class your not supposed to be in.
New to the state, didn't know anyone, 2nd time I raced nitro in a year. I didn't expect to do as well as I did. I didn't want to upset the expert class if I couldn't control my car. So I entered sportsman.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

fair enough.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Suspended

Location: r.i.p Chiquita - 1993-2008 - "best dog in the world"

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
I'll admit that I sandbagged last sat for the first time. I only did it because it was the first time at that track and I only got to run two tanks of practice. Yes, I did win, but it accually didn't come easy. There was a guy that I lapped 4 or 5 times in the main, but every time I was around him, he tried to race me. It was very frustrating, in expert this wouldn't have happined. If I was being lapped, I would move over and let them go, and I'd expect the same courtise in return. Anyway, I won't run sportsman again.
You sandbagged and you're mad?

GIVE ME A BREAK!

Regardless of whether it was your first time or first tank at a track, the lack of courtesy ended with you entering in a rookie class you had covered from the horn. Regardless of the excuse, it's disgusting behvior.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by ratherBracin
You sandbagged and you're mad?

GIVE ME A BREAK!

Regardless of whether it was your first time or first tank at a track, the lack of courtesy ended with you entering in a rookie class you had covered from the horn. Regardless of the excuse, it's disgusting behvior.
Bah, come on now... give Doug a break. He's a nice guy, and didn't know what the "cutover" is locally. Yes, he's faster than most of our local sportsman drivers... I had fun running with him and being in his way! lol

(No, I'm not the one that wouldn't get out of the way... I know who it was though. lol ) (I don't HAVE to get out of the way- he was passing me so fast it nearly sucked the wheels off my car.)

Doug, hope you become a regular at JCG. As you can see we have a good group and have a lot of fun... BTW once you step up to expert expect to see a little different result... there is a distinct line there. You'll be running against folks like Mike Battaile, Rocco Margiotta, Hunter Kinsey, Tommy Tang, etc.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Doug, hope you become a regular at JCG. As you can see we have a good group and have a lot of fun... BTW once you step up to expert expect to see a little different result... there is a distinct line there. You'll be running against folks like Mike Battaile, Rocco Margiotta, Hunter Kinsey, Tommy Tang, etc.
I had fun, and I will be a regular. Oh, I will bump up to expert... And as far as the different result... I'm use to racing with Matt Chambers, Lars Johnson, Kody Neumedal and Dustin Evens, so not winning is something I'm very use too.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

give the man a break he was new and everything and i understand y he wouldnt wanna run the big races and mess up the other drivers.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

At an RC Pro Series 2 weekends ago they let someone race in intermediate buggy and truggy who ran expert last year. He ended up winning intermediate truggy and I don't know if he won intermediate buggy or not. It just made me mad because if it wasn't for him cherrypicking my buddy would have won intermediate truggy fair and square.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

This is usually just a back and forth of opinions, but its not as simple as you may think.. at what point do you say, he shouldnt run intermediate?? its easy if 1 guy is kickin but all the time but what if you have the top 8 guys in intermediate, all within a few seconds of total qual time of each other, and any one of them can win on any given day, and usually do. one week its one guy, the next race a differnet one, how can you say that they should go to pro, but yet the b mian guys will sit there and say, they are always in the top 5-8 so they should advance, is that fair?? you also have to consider pro and sportsan on the local level is totally differrent then at the bigger events like say r/c pro or nitro fest or somewhere that a lot of factory guys are at.. Thats something completly different to consider, a local pro may not be a pro level contender at a bigger race, they may be a intermedite. This is never a cut and dry debate, and there are way to many varyiable envolved for a easy ansswer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.