R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-23-2008, 09:12 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

200 bucks for a speed isnt a bad deal..i just bought a used speed for 175 and the piston does have some burns on the top but its 5 gallons old but still has great pinch and the guy claimed it still runs awsome(i havent fired it yet)..if u have the motor start just by taking the head off and seeing what condition the pistons and sleeve are in...if it was me id try and talk the guy down a little bit from 200 just incase there is something you have to replace but you got to keep in consideration that this motor is 500 dollars new
The #1 site for all your nitro needs
egobuster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:41 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by egobuster1 View Post
200 bucks for a speed isnt a bad deal..i just bought a used speed for 175 and the piston does have some burns on the top but its 5 gallons old but still has great pinch and the guy claimed it still runs awsome(i havent fired it yet)..if u have the motor start just by taking the head off and seeing what condition the pistons and sleeve are in...if it was me id try and talk the guy down a little bit from 200 just incase there is something you have to replace but you got to keep in consideration that this motor is 500 dollars new
Obviously these threads are never really going to change this guys mind about buying regardless of the numerous experiences everyone has had with used engines. I only post to refute the comment made above about it originally being a 500 dollar engine. The original cost should never come into consideration when buying anything that is put under the loads these engines are, not to mention the mistakes that can be made during that time.

As I said in a post above, if the guy you are purchasing this engine from is still racing and running a new engine, there was something about this engine he no longer liked. Just think about when you sell your rc stuff, you would never sell something you were 100% happy with.
clarksib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:13 AM   #18
Tech Regular

that is true but if it was me in his shoes seeing the engine runs good and everything for that price id buy it but try to get it lower thats all..you cans ell something ur happy with as ive sold some of my r/c cars ive abosutly loved but had to sell them to fund something better...maybe the guy just wants to try a different engine out
Old 07-23-2008, 10:32 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

remember this: Cold pinch and compression are MUCH different then Compression and pinch at running temp.
Crim3Wav3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Great input helped make my dessision easier. I am sending it back

I know better than to buy a used engine but i got soo stoked when he said it was a speed, without thinking it through i jus took it.I will run out my stock mach for the rest of the season with a new pipe to get some more top speed out of it, and maybe consider a "new" OS speed next season.

Dan.
1RC_ROOKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:22 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Wise decision. I tell ya though man, someone would be hard pressed to beat GO engines. Especially for the money. These things are missles and when they're modded they cant be touched.
clarksib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:26 PM   #22
Tech Regular

ya these go engine are amazing i almost got a 5 port for my buggy but ended up wit a v-spec speed instead...me or clarksib could get you some info for a local GO dealer
Old 07-23-2008, 04:18 PM   #23
Tech Adept

I really like the OS speed seems like they really have some jam, all the faster guys around here run some sort of a RB and swear by them, and tell me that there this and that. I know RB are good engines, but I like beeing different. Theres also people that have bad things to say about the OS line, so I will most lilkely just see what I want and whats gonna be the hot mill next season, so i'll save my pennys until then.

thanks for your time!!

Dan.
1RC_ROOKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:54 PM   #24
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

GOTTA LOVE THE GO 7PT, 9 1/2 MIN ,120deg c
meakinracer is offline   Reply With Quote