Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LPR BUGGY WHEELS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default LPR BUGGY WHEELS?

anyone using the losi buggy rims or the new proline v2 rims? just wondering the +/-. thanx
Old 07-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

TTT im also interest in this, I know the LPR helped my truggy a bit
Old 07-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

i believe the losi wheels only work w/ losi tires but proline states you can stretch regular tires to fit the V2 wheels. im sure they will be beneficial. looks to be out of stock everywhere right now
Old 07-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nitro0619
i believe the losi wheels only work w/ losi tires but proline states you can stretch regular tires to fit the V2 wheels. im sure they will be beneficial. looks to be out of stock everywhere right now.
https://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore...dproduct=10020

allan: "The V2’s are 1.3mm wider and 3mm taller than the traditional size 1:8 wheels. All this transfers into a stiffer sidewall for less sidewall flex enhancing stability and connectivity with your 1:8 buggy. This is achieved by using the same size 1:8 tires that you use now. Simply stretch standard tires over the V2 wheels and you’re ready to go."

from the carolinasrc link above.

Last edited by srac cr ot wen; 07-22-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

i have some v2's mounted up but just wondering what others are seeing as good/bad +/-. i do see its going to give a larger footprint but what about catching ruts? proline said most of their drivers were running them last weekend at the worlds warmup II.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just ran my v2's last weekend for the first time with Komodo 2 tires. I cant say I noticed a difference, nor did my lap times differ. But who knows, I am staying v2 for now. I had too many variables I changed up, so it isnt fair to really have a strong opinion on the wheels yet....
Old 07-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

I have pro-line tires on losi rims. Works fine, just stretch em.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

I cant really think of any negatives..

maybe an extra 2 grams weight per rim on the car?

it does add more surface area to bite, probably doesnt let the tire balloon as much either, especially if you tape it.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

I raced on the new V2 Proline wheels last weekend, and noticed quite a difference in traction. I think they might be onto something with this wheel. I also heard they are making a V3 thats in the new size, but lighter than the standard wheels... thats a big ++. I heard that from a proline sponsored driver but its not confirmed news yet.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Taller wheel diameter will allow for a shorter sidewall. Thus you will have a more agile tire that should have more 'performance'. Response should be quicker and with a 'taller' tire you should have a bit more top end as well!

The only time this type of wheel isn't a benefit is on a very blown out track. There the extra sidewall can help absorb some of the rough.

All in all the new taller wheels offer a performance advantage. It isn't the biggest change you'll make to your car but there is a difference.

Also the new AKA wheels and tires are of the LPR variety. Should be available 2nd week of August.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Inside_Line
I. I also heard they are making a V3 thats in the new size, but lighter than the standard wheels... thats a big ++. I heard that from a proline sponsored driver but its not confirmed news yet.

Wow, that would be interesting. These V2 buggy wheels are already pretty light. They just have a thin plastic rib to but up against the tire bead instead of the traditional channel. I weighed a V2 buggy wheel at 40 grams and an OFNA true light wheel at 35 grams and a regular OFNA rim at around 46 grams.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KRCRacer22
Taller wheel diameter will allow for a shorter sidewall. Thus you will have a more agile tire that should have more 'performance'. Response should be quicker and with a 'taller' tire you should have a bit more top end as well!

The only time this type of wheel isn't a benefit is on a very blown out track. There the extra sidewall can help absorb some of the rough.

All in all the new taller wheels offer a performance advantage. It isn't the biggest change you'll make to your car but there is a difference.

Also the new AKA wheels and tires are of the LPR variety. Should be available 2nd week of August.