R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
Tech Master

Default Fun at JCG's in Dallas and motor theory

I want to say thanks for welcoming to JCG’s last night. I enjoyed my first time there. I got to meet a few great people, Domit (not a European name), Rod, Mike and thank you Bubba for pitting me all night. I’m still not sure what happened to my engine, but I think it was driver induced.

Here is my theory. Five minutes into the main I had a sizable lead so I backed off, and never went above ˝ throttle, even in the straight. Well when I was doing that I think the motor loaded up and cooled off, and it seamed like the motor went rich. So Bubba leaned me out 2 hours at my 2nd pit stop, at that time Sean was catching up and I started pushing it again. Now with my engine tuned too lean, I couldn’t push it past ˝ throttle fearing a flame out. So if I would have continued pushing it in the beginning, I might not have had the issue. (Being that it was tuned for racing and not putting around) Anyway, that’s my theory….

Thanks much all. Outside of the heat, I felt like I as racing back in Colorado

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”

Last edited by jrwoodchuck; 07-20-2008 at 08:17 PM.
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:57 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck View Post
I want to say thanks for welcoming to JCG’s last night. I enjoyed my first time there. I got to meet a few great people, Domit (not a European name), Rod, Mike and thank you Bubba for pitting me all night. I’m still not sure what happened to my engine, but I think it was driver induced.

Here is my theory. Five minutes into the main I had a sizable lead so I backed off, and never went above ˝ throttle, even in the straight. Well when I was doing that I think the motor loaded up and cooled off, and it seamed like the motor went rich. So Bubba leaned me out 2 hours at my 2nd pit stop, at that time Sean was catching up and I started pushing it again. Now with my engine tuned too lean, I couldn’t push it past ˝ throttle fearing a flame out. So if I would have continued pushing it in the beginning, I might not have had the issue. (Being that it was tuned for racing and not putting around) Anyway, that’s my theory….

Thanks much all. Outside of the heat, I felt like I as racing back in Colorado

There's a new sandbagger in town! Nice to meet you Doug! Sorry I wasn't more talkative, I had motor issues all day that were frustrating me. You pretty much checked out in Sportsman class... pretty impressive given no more than you had run on that track.

I STRONGLY suggest skidplates for running at JCG... otherwise you won't get a season out of a chassis. (The extreme use of water this past weekend is NOT the norm!)
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote