Wiki Posts
Search

AE CORR truck?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by move over
they tried it in the original JRX2, it didn't work as well as intended and they eventually went back to H-arms
That was not our experience. On our Rutted out, Loamy soil tracks the JRX2Link Car (mine came in a plain white box) kicked the H Arm buggys butt week after week.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by move over
they tried it in the original JRX2, it didn't work as well as intended and they eventually went back to H-arms
Originally Posted by JDCrow
That was not our experience. On our Rutted out, Loamy soil tracks the JRX2Link Car (mine came in a plain white box) kicked the H Arm buggys butt week after week.
And this is why I love dirt racing: there is no such thing as a perfect chassis
Old 08-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

And clearly, that is why 1/10 buggies use trailing arms today!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Suspended

I guess the link car worked so well they continued the design through ongoing generations of their buggies.

Oh they didn't?
Old 08-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by largeorangefont
And clearly, that is why 1/10 buggies use trailing arms today!!!
Just as certain types to tires work better on a particular style track, so do suspension dynamics.

The Link Car won its share of National Titles.

Links on a straight axle add another tuning option if your running a drive shaft to the Ring/pinion gear.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just as certain types to tires work better on a particular style track, so do suspension dynamics.

Links on a straight axle add another tuning option if your running a drive shaft to the Ring/pinion gear.
I agree, and I had a jrx2, but technology marches on.

I know how a 4 link works with a solid axle in 1:1 scale. It is not needed, and ineffective in our scale application, for reasons exactly as Rick mentioned.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So how about some website info? Any insiders at AE that can tell us when new info will be posted on the website?
Old 08-06-2008, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by largeorangefont
I agree, and I had a jrx2, but technology marches on.

I know how a 4 link works with a solid axle in 1:1 scale. It is not needed, and ineffective in our scale application, for reasons exactly as Rick mentioned.
Just sayin though, when it comes to dirt racing you never know when a totally off-the-wall idea will work.

My family's been involved in a lot of 1:1 dirt oval racing in Wisconsin, and my Old Man has a story about a guy that built a car with some kinda inboard cantilever system on the left rear corner, a little bit like a REVO with a 4-link. The shock actually ran along the left framerail, right next to the seat, so he could just reach down and turn the adjustment knob on the shock on the fly. Well, the car ran like garbage everywhere it went, until one night at Hales Corners the track was BONE dry. Everybody was having trouble getting grip...except this dude with his custom left rear suspension. Put on a clinic, nobody came close to him all night.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:54 AM
Suspended

And they were abandoned in much the same manner that the platic slider shaft-cvds were, because while I great idea in concept they proved problematic in actual real-life applications..........
Old 08-12-2008, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

Two classes.

Stock and Open

Stock is a set motor limit (I'm for silver can 540) and open is whatever you think you can run.

Tires must not have foam inserts

If the track isn't set up for this class...change the track don't change the cars. Water blue groove and you got traction
Old 08-12-2008, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile

"take it off! take it off! take it off!"
*getting out $1 bills"

Oops... wrong forum!
Old 08-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

many people have commented on the whole Spec issue regarding the slash.I agree with most here run 1 spec class ,and 1 open class. Traxxasactually gave the slash an all metal gear tranny for a reason , and it wasnt to look pretty, it was to handle brushless power! What a waste it would be if the only race action these trucks saw was some box stock , over ruled class.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

I can't wait to see it. It will be someone to compete against if it is truly 1/8buggy based. We are already in the middle of doing one. I am hoping it creates a new class somewhere between buggy and truggy. Ours of course will be electric or nitro......

It is called the Caster Score.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

After a real close look at the picture, it as got 17mm wheel nuts on it if that tells anybody anything at all.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yea, that's what leads us to believe the whole 1/8 scale based vehicle. It should be a fun vehicle no matter what. The scale looks are awesome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.