Wiki Posts
Search

sliding clutch

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default sliding clutch

Another thread inspired me to ask. How do these sliding clutches perform?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/13236

I'll be using it on an 8 and 8-t. I hear the wear is excellent, but is that at the cost of poor engagement. I'm not a "blipper" on my throttle more of smoother power type of driver.

Would I like this clutches engagement characteristics?
Old 07-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bitchen.

Jim
Old 07-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

the Fioroni's are Dogs on the bottom end....as Sooon as the clutch gets Hott and the springs sag out...your GONNA have a boggy bottom end....and its NOT the motor......ive have Never seen a Fioroni run on par with say a 3 shoe aluminum clutch......but seeing as your not a blipper....it might work for ya...but no guarentee.....i tried my 2 shoe slider for the LAST time tonight...and it did the same thing as always....Any 1 wnna buy a lightly used Fioroni slider ? LOL
Old 07-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Integra
the Fioroni's are Dogs on the bottom end....as Sooon as the clutch gets Hott and the springs sag out...your GONNA have a boggy bottom end....and its NOT the motor......ive have Never seen a Fioroni run on par with say a 3 shoe aluminum clutch......but seeing as your not a blipper....it might work for ya...but no guarentee.....i tried my 2 shoe slider for the LAST time tonight...and it did the same thing as always....Any 1 wnna buy a lightly used Fioroni slider ? LOL

I'll give ya $15 bucks for it.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Lord

i think ill pass....
Old 07-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Tech Addict

i think ill pass....
I thought it was a POS paper weight?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Is there a good sliding style clutch wortha darn?
Old 07-18-2008, 02:32 AM
Tech Adept

Have to agree, Good when they are new, but you have to keep feeding them springs, and they aren't cheap....

I am a smooth driver and it makes no difference really, they will heat up and fry the springs no matter how you drive them.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:51 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by UNSTABLE
Have to agree, Good when they are new, but you have to keep feeding them springs, and they aren't cheap....

I am a smooth driver and it makes no difference really, they will heat up and fry the springs no matter how you drive them.

thx for posting that...most guys think im on glue when i tell them the Firoroni doesent work properly. ...ive played with it ALL too many times to NOT know.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Here we go again.... Perhaps I have a biased opinion, but I speaking from experience...I have used the various Turbo clutches on my buggies over the years and they work well. My suggested combo is FR56 black shoes with FR59 stiff springs. FR56 comes with 2 thin and 2 thick shoes, install a stiff spring in the thin shoes, and a stiff spring first into the thick shoes, followed by a stock spring. If you want to keep it simple, try the FR52 black shoes (2 shoe instead of 4).

For truggy, I would suggest one of the other Fioroni clutches, but I have received plenty of email from people who installed this clutch in truggies and MT's and were very happy with the results.

Last edited by garen; 07-19-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:45 PM
rhino420

well i just purchased a fioroni and its my first time changing out my clutch on my 8t so i am a noob im haveing a heck of a time getting this clutch to work. its has for simple simple parts but i can not get this dang thing to work. this is my problem i put on the fly wheel on then i tighten down the nut but not to tight becuase it seems to bind. then i put the shoes in there place the shim then clutch bell with bearings up to that point it looks good and its moving well. install motor into motor mounts and place it on top of my starter box and bam it loosens its self right up fly wheel is super loose. so i figured okay my starter box wheel needs to go in the other direction i fix that retighten flywheel bolts everything looks ready to go then place it on my starter box and bam the flywheel bolt tightens up so much it binds the fly wheel? i dont know what im doing wrong ? any ideas anyone ?

Old 07-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I use the MIP clutch and love it. There is hardly any maintenance involved and they make a light and heavy. I use both, depending on the engine and what track layout is used. Its basically a copy of a 1/10th scale gas truck clutch. I'll show it to you next time you are at the nitro pit.

Last edited by wild gopher; 07-19-2008 at 05:00 PM. Reason: ferret ate my lunch
Old 07-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I've had nothing but good luck with my fiorini slider. I don't use the twin[4] shoe, I use use the original[2] carbon shoe, with 1 hard and 2 soft springs. I've used it with my vspec and my ninja 28. It's low maintenance and clutch bearing life is improved.
Rhino 429, are you using a washer behind the collet? Some collets just don't work with the flywheel, I also use a washer between the flywheel and nut, the nut was bottoming out on the shaft before it was getting enough pressure to hold the flywheel tight. This might help http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...howtopic=21712
Old 07-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Wayne, I definetely want to check that out!
Old 07-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

hit me up if you are at the point series race this coming weekend. Ask Kenny or Bill to point me out