Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$225 for a diff? Seriously?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default $225 for a diff? Seriously?

I was looking for hop up parts and noticed that you can get a Front, Center, and Rear differential from Fioroni for $225 EACH!! They make them for most of the 1/8 scale cars.

Buy all three and you just spent more then the car is worth... does that seem odd to anyone? Has anyone tried these? What’s so special that it would be worth that much?

They better clean themselves.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/23509
Old 07-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Fioroni stuff is always a arm and a leg.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you install these you don't have to worry about your driving skill any longer.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default diff

DesertBird,
If that's the case, I will take ALL 3!
Old 07-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ya i hear they make amazing product ive personally never tried any of there stuff but im bout to get a clutch setup from them
Old 07-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by superx421
DesertBird,
If that's the case, I will take ALL 3!
You might want to get 4 just in case one of them leaks...
Old 07-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by desertbird
If you install these you don't have to worry about your driving skill any longer.

Bah, all I need is 30% nitro

Oh wait... it's all gone.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

On a blue groove track they work good..(I dont really care for them much). I thought they push way to much when you are off throttle, it seems that in order for them to work they need power to them..dont chop the throttle..
Old 07-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Oasis
On a blue groove track they work good..(I dont really care for them much). I thought they push way to much when you are off throttle, it seems that in order for them to work they need power to them..dont chop the throttle..
Sweet, feedback from someone that acutally used one. Thanks Oasis.

More plz, I'd like to her more comments from other users.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by egobuster1
ya i hear they make amazing product ive personally never tried any of there stuff but im bout to get a clutch setup from them
the clutch is sweet... full season with one set of shoes! and still more life to them! and only had to change the bearings 4or5 times... great product

Not running it now tho, using the Xray clutch that come with the kit... but thinkn of using it again as it was very durable!!
Old 07-18-2008, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

were did that post come in at? glad its gone. but now it looks like im rolling my eyes at someone elses post.

Last edited by triggerman101; 07-18-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by uvwx465
Booklet for Virgin Tour to TibetTraveling Tibet is most people’s dream in their life. However, some preparation is necessary for your virgin tour to Tibet. tibet travel To every alien tourist, Tibet Entry permit is a primary. For Tibet Entry permit, TTB (Tibet Tourism Bureau) does not accept any individual to apply for Tibet Entry permit, but only travel agencies are allowed to apply Tibet Entry permit for alien tourist. At the same time, TTB (Tibet Tourism Bureau) forbids travel agencies to provide Tibet Entry permit only service. Tibet Entry permit must be sold with tour itinerary, tour guide, transportation and accommodation.Next is to make a proper tour itinerary for your virgin tour to Tibet. However, it is not an easy work. If you want to get a thorough understanding of Tibet, you have to have a great amount of time. A good tour itinerary for your virgin tour to Tibet is to cover some ordinary scenery spots. You could first travel around the capital city of Tibet Autonomous Region, Lhasa. The signature of Lhasa is the Potala Palace. At the same time, the Barkhor Street, the Jokhang Temple, the Norbulingka Garden, the Sera Monastery, and the Drepund Monastery are all the famous spots well worth visiting.tibet toursAfter the tour in Lhasa, three other ordinary tour itineraries are recommended:Firstly is the tour to Lake Namtso. The distance between Lake Namtso and Lhasa is not very far. However, if you want to do the tour within one day, you have to drive on for about 8 to 9 hours. But it is a good idea to overnight at the lake side enjoying the beautiful sunrise and sun set. Because the altitude of Lake Namtso is about 4700 meters, it will be a huge challenge to your health to have a night at Namtso. Second tour itinerary is from Lhasa to Nyingchi. Spending two days, you could finish the ordinary scenery spots such as the Basum Lake Scenic Zone. However, if you have one day more, you could go to the Lunang forest which is called the Swiss in Tibet. There, you could enjoy the tranquil holy mountain Namjagbarwa. Along the way to Lunang forest, you could have a close look at the Niyang River and the grandest Canyon, Brahmaputra Grand Canyon.http://www.travelwestchina.com/The third tour itinerary is to the “World Third Pole” Mt. Everest. This tour itinerary will go from Shigatse and Tingri to Mt. Everest Base Camp. In Shigatse, you could visit Tashilungpo Monastery which is known as one of the four monasteries of Gelug Sect of Tibetan Buddhism and Zongshan Anti-British Battle Ruins in Gyantse. However, your final destination is the base camp of Mt. Everest. There, the splendid Mt. Everest will stand in front of you. Meanwhile, you could enjoy the sunrise at the Rongbu Monastery. What’s more, walk to Rongbu Monastery from Tingri will bring you much fun.These three tour itineraries are the good choice for your virgin tour to Tibet. If the train ticket to Tibet is available, taking the train to Tibet is the best choice. Sitting on the Tibet train, enjoying the unique scenery along the Qinghai-Tibet Railway and watching the Tibetan antelope will leave you unforgettable memory.Another psychological preparation for your Tibet tour is the lack of oxygen on high altitude. Different people have different high altitude reaction. However, one or two day acclimatization is necessary. Rest in the hotel, do not do serious sport and do not bathe are the way to acclimatize to the high altitude. If you got serious high altitude sickness, breath some pure oxygen is usually a common way to deal with it. But, do not overdo that. If you are addicted to the oxygen, you could not do without it on the high altitude. However, normally, one will get used to high altitude after half-day acclimatization.http://www.pan-tibet.com
Beat it NERD
Old 07-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Yes, the diffs are expensive. They are expensive to produce, and there is a lot of testing (several years worth in the case of these diffs) that occurs before production starts. Add to that the weak dollar vs the strong euro.

These diffs are a tuning option made for and used by some of the top racers around the world as are nearly all other Fioroni products. You won't read or hear about most of the results from these racers due to contractual issues, but even as recent as the Euro 1/8th champs, several of the finalists (I won't mention any names, but it could be anyone from first to tenth) used Fioroni product, some of it prototypes, but none of it 'cheap'. There are other cheaper 'torsen' type diffs on the market, many of which are low in quality and don't perform like they should.

Like I mentioned above, the diffs are a tuning option and won't be needed (nor are they suggested) to be used at all times. Drive your car using the stock diffs first, get your baseline setup done, and then try them out and try them in different conditions. Use them when you know they improve your lap times.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

so could it be that you can get the center diff, and the other 2 diffs all at different times, still having a stock one or 2 on the vehicle. would that mess up any kind of geometry between stock and aftermarket being used at the same time. as new center diff and rear diff with a stock front one.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

No problems mixing them up. I believe they recommend trying the front one first.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.