R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-20-2008, 06:39 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrobar View Post
From what I've seen at the track, the jammin' engines have tons of power, but they are pigs on fuel. According to the owners of the motors, they get 6 minute run times with both.
Smaller carb inserts realy help these engines (Picco Jammin .21/.28) as far as economy is concerned. Their port timing is pretty agressive though. Some of the modders (AB Mods comes to mind) are able to get better economy out of them too.

Dangit, when did all my favorite cars, trucks, airplanes, and engines become "vintage"???
Eccentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:56 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrobar View Post
From what I've seen at the track, the jammin' engines have tons of power, but they are pigs on fuel. According to the owners of the motors, they get 6 minute run times with both.
you are right on the "they are pigs on fuel" own one and its nitro consumption is not that good but from what i see is that it has lot of torque
mog ruith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:23 AM   #18
Tech Initiate

this is just going to be my practice motor untill i get back to the USA. then i think i might drop down to a 26 or some thing close to it. i have a os 21 v-spec but it just cant get the jop done in the revo. it is very drivable but not competive. it is great in a buggy. but i just can hang with the 26's and 28's. but i do like the motor. i think i may change up the gearing on it to give it a little more bottom end. until then this 28 will have to work. i may go for the os speed tuned 21 or the os 28 truggy motor when i get back to the states.
sitinon22s is offline   Reply With Quote