R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-17-2008, 06:14 PM   #31
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket-mtrsprts View Post
WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT "the end of the day"
Neither was I specifically, I was just correcting you on your idea that running the engine out of fuel is bad for it. Running the unburnt fuel out of an engine is essential and it requires you to run the engine out of fuel.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #32
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
Neither was I specifically, I was just correcting you on your idea that running the engine out of fuel is bad for it. Running the unburnt fuel out of an engine is essential and it requires you to run the engine out of fuel.
Read the rest of the thread FIRST then, instead of jumping into the middle and correcting someone with info that wasn't even relevent because you didn't understand the discussion.

......................................__.......... ......................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,................................... .......
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll..................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll............................. ...
..............lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-..*`*;..)..........................
.................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/...................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*....................
................|.../.../.../.*`..............................)....)¯`~,....... ...........
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---........../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../....................
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|......................
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,...................
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,.................
rocket-mtrsprts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:01 AM   #33
Tech Champion

I did read the thread and I understand the discussion perfectly. I contributed because you are giving bad advice that will ruin lots of people's engines. This is not YOUR discussion to define by the way.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:42 AM   #34
Suspended

Quote:
I did read the thread and I understand the discussion perfectly. I contributed because you are giving bad advice that will ruin lots of people's engines. This is not YOUR discussion to define by the way.
If you go back and read the thread, I suggest SLOWLY this time, you'll see that I only gave advice the manufacturers give out and literally every pro racer follows. And you'll also notice this discussion was never about "end of the day" parameters, but just SOP at the track stuff. Otherwise, I suggest a reading comprehension class will help you out greatly.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:42 AM   #35
Tech Champion

I have read it, I do understand it. I think you're the one that got it off track. The poster was concerned about short plug life when you decided to incorrectly chastise everyone for running the fuel out of their engines. You're wrong. If pro's told you to do this (they didn't) then they're wrong too. If the original poster follows your advice then his next thread will be titled "Why is my engine rusted?"

Do not attack me for pointing out your mistakes, I'm just trying to help the other participants prevent problems from following bad advice.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:54 AM   #36
Suspended

Quote:
I have read it, I do understand it. I think you're the one that got it off track. The poster was concerned about short plug life when you decided to incorrectly chastise everyone for running the fuel out of their engines. You're wrong. If pro's told you to do this (they didn't) then they're wrong too. If the original poster follows your advice then his next thread will be titled "Why is my engine rusted?"

Do not attack me for pointing out your mistakes, I'm just trying to help the other participants prevent problems from following bad advice.
You were the one that started the "attacks" - but that's OK, you go ahead and keep doing it like your backwoods/backyard buddies do it and I'll keep doing it like everyone does it in the big leagues.
Otherwise I guess we can leave it up to anyone asking to make up their own mind since there's your way and about a dozen others that logged in that do it another way ~ and the original poster will have to log back in and start another thread asking "why do I keep blowing plugs while starving the motor after every run just like Davidka says?" or "how come I'm only getting 3 gallons of engine life?"
Old 07-18-2008, 08:10 AM   #37
Tech Champion

Jeez..

Whatever man, I invite you to put me on your ignore list.