Community
Wiki Posts
Search

motor for ad1

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Default motor for ad1

lookig for a good motor for ad1 trying to keep under 200.00$ low on money in race budget
Old 07-17-2008, 05:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

What should be most in important in your descision is where you going to run your buggy I'm assuming it's a buggy. Short - intermediate tracks require more bottom and mid power. On A short track you rarely going to get your motor to wind all the way out so a 7 port would be a waist. A long track a with good straights you can take advantage of the top end speed of a 7 port. Just keep in minds races are rarely ever won in the straights.

RB S3 $189
RB S5 $229
RB's are just good motors long breakin though takes a gallon for them to hit there stride. But when you reach that gallon mark it's like a light switch gets turned on, They tun into a beast. With proper care they last a looooong time. My personal vote is for the RB it's what I run and have been very happy. Idles good right out of the box. Holds a tune too.

GO techs 3-7 port $209 for the 7 port
GO's are good engines good bang for the buck
Old 07-17-2008, 05:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vladconnery
What should be most in important in your descision is where you going to run your buggy I'm assuming it's a buggy. Short - intermediate tracks require more bottom and mid power. On A short track you rarely going to get your motor to wind all the way out so a 7 port would be a waist. A long track a with good straights you can take advantage of the top end speed of a 7 port. Just keep in minds races are rarely ever won in the straights.

RB S3 $189
RB S5 $229
RB's are just good motors long breakin though takes a gallon for them to hit there stride. But when you reach that gallon mark it's like a light switch gets turned on, They tun into a beast. With proper care they last a looooong time. My personal vote is for the RB it's what I run and have been very happy. Idles good right out of the box. Holds a tune too.

GO techs 3-7 port $209 for the 7 port
GO's are good engines good bang for the buck

AD1 is a 1/10 gas truck. Those engines will not work. 200 is a fine budget for a .12

Some options under your budget
Novarossi CX12R2/N .12 $169
O.S. .12 TZ (P) T3 ($199)
OFNA Jammin .12 (very underrated but a total screamer) $89
Dynamite Platimum .12RE (very strong and also underrated) $129

I hope this helps. You would absolutely love all of these engines. (The TZ might be a bit overkill IMO but I know people like power!)
Old 07-17-2008, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have been running the xxx-nt since it came out over a decade ago. I am on my 3rd OS CVR and like that motor the best. It is smooth, has good fuel economy, is reliable and easy to tune. It was discontinued, but there are still some out there. If you can't get a CVR, my second choice would be the OS TG. Just make sure you get the threaded crank and not the SG crank.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

+1, I love the CVR too.