R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)
Default 8ight steering?

need more steering out of my buggy. using easy to drive setup. not enough steering. drove my buddys rc8 had steering for days that's what I am looking for. sold on losi and love buggy. does the long or short ackreman give u more steering? I want most steering I can get. using hitec top servo with 333 oz of toqure so I know its not the sevo power. only had car for couple mounths so any help would be great. it pro kit and I use the alum steering hubs if that's what there called. and I have hudy setup station I dial it in on. new to setup sation think I am doing it right. I set car up in free sate on stand is that the proper way
mixedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
Tech Elite

There is a dedicated thread for the Losi 8ight buggy.

I would run the Adam Drake Neo '08 set-up. Start there. Do everything to that set-up. Then the car will steer.

The Race Roller set-up is easy to drive, meaning less steering.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:54 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

a 333 oz torque servo is more torque then is needed for a buggy. A faster, less torqy servo will give you quicker steering response. I've driven eight's with hitec servos for steering and i felt like it was very slow and sluggish. Alot of guys use the same steering and throttle servo on buggies.. futaba 9351's, airtronic 360's, jr9100s's..

As far as wanting more steering, do you need more steering off throttle or on? Are your EPA's set right? Is there binding in the steering rack or hubs? Sometimes the aluminum spindles fit real tight and cause a little binding.