R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-12-2008, 05:02 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default steering servo ?

Is a Jr z650m a good steering servo or should I be looking to upgrade? What are the min oz of torque I should use? What is the min speed I should seek? What do you use? I should probally go ahead an ask for throtle info too while I'm at it. Thanks
Old 07-12-2008, 05:51 AM   #2
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Instead of placing such a specific question that ends up being very vague , I'd suggest you list what vehicle you're running it in and what your purpose is in RCing (racing or bashing). More thorough questions get better answers.

At the same time, this and similar questions get asked on a semi-weekly basis ~ so it gets discussed all the time, so there are plenty of threads that can likely answer your query ~ and IMO it's more advisable to read around the site or do a search and you'll probably find just what you're looking for.
But I'm also advising to keep in mind that you never can know the expertise of who answers your questions here: they might be someone experienced, or they might also be people giving out "flavor of the week advise, and they might also be kids or someone without a clue.

Asking something on a blind public forum is like going on a streetcorner blindfolded and asking car buying advice ~ you might get it from someone in the know, but it's more likely coming from a homeless panhandler or somone riding the bus.
rocket-mtrsprts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:34 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

i ran the 650's for a while they worked fine for me but know i am running ace servos and i like them alot better but i will use my 650's for back up.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladconnery View Post
Is a Jr z650m a good steering servo or should I be looking to upgrade? What are the min oz of torque I should use? What is the min speed I should seek? What do you use? I should probally go ahead an ask for throtle info too while I'm at it. Thanks
The JR650m is not a flag ship JR servo but it is metal geared and has descent power, probably not enough for 1/8th scale steering (in my opinion) and it is a little slow as well.

Having said that it will do you nicely until you can upgrade, for 1/8th buggy I look at about 13kg (approx 175 oz/in) and .12 transit time minimum, for throttle 10 kilos and .12 transit minimum. 1/8th truggy, 15 kilo minimum (approx 200 oz/in) and throttle same as buggy. As for manufacturers most are good, I have had success with KO, JR, Futaba and even Hitec, and yes, you can go for more power or speed if you can afford it.

As for your question, sure use the search function you may find the answer your are looking for but ask away its your entitlement as a member. Rocket-mtrsprts is right though the answers you will find are only peoples opinion and they may or may not right.

Last edited by Loop&Roll; 07-12-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Loop&Roll is offline   Reply With Quote