R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just looked at amain and they have 20% and 33% rtr what is that is it diff than the gen2 30%
mfroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:46 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seayya View Post
My lhs was selling the Sidewinder 30% Pro Blend and the 30% Worlds blend for $20.99 when it was being made. They do stock the 30% ColdFusion fuel for $21.50/gl. As of yesterday they had plenty in stock, and getting more is only a phone call away. Per Vernon with Cold Fusion the next batch the price will go up SLIGHTLY due to the cost of Nitro.
I wanted to try cold fusion fuel. I emailed Vernon and he said he would get back to me with a price including shipping and never did. You know of any other way to get it?
blowpopracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 128 (99%+)

At the hobby shop that I work/hangout at, we got a email from our supplier that price was raised 8 bucks a gallon on the next shipment. Not sure if all of this is gouging, prices are for sure going up, this year alone price from our supplier has went up 12 bucks total per gallon.

Yes we where told that 30 would be unavailable for a while. From my understanding it all has to deal with the Olympics in China. I have been told once it is over Nitro methane will be made in quantities again. It maybe back to normal by Late fall or winter.

I personally think that it will go back down but I really doubt it will go back to the old prices, I think suppliers will find that there is a magic number somewhere in the price curve that people slow their buying down of nitro fuels. I also think it will go higher, I wouldn't be surprised to see 40+ a gallon in the short run, but I'm guessing it will come back to the 30/gallon price range for 30%.
kd2777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Knock on wood, prices so far have been good around here. Still been under $25, at least for me. Still stiiting on 25% and 30%. Will check out LHS tomorrow to see if prices are still good and grab some more just in case. Should have enough till next year.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:57 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowpopracer View Post
I wanted to try cold fusion fuel. I emailed Vernon and he said he would get back to me with a price including shipping and never did. You know of any other way to get it?

You will have a quote today. It is truly some GREAT fuel. Well worth trying.
[URL="www.murnanmodified.com"]Murnan Modified Motors[/URL] [URL="www.radiopost.com"]Radiopost[/URL] [URL="www.powermasterfuels.com"]Powermaster Fuels[/URL] [URL="www.agamausa.com"]Agama USA[/URL] [URL="www.hobbyprousa.com"]Hobby Pro USA[/URL] [URL="www.bukupower.com"]BuKu Power[/URL] [URL="www.fastlanegear.com"]Fastlane Graphix[/URL]
seayya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:43 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Quote:
You will have a quote today. It is truly some GREAT fuel. Well worth trying.

Excellent, thanks.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Do any of you guys really now ow much this fuel was 10 years ago? I found a bottle of fuel from my Dad's old airplanes in his garage last year. This fuel bottle has a price tag from 1989. The price for 10% plane fuel than was $24. RC fuel has not gone up in price more than a couple of bucks in the last 20 years. We have been spoiled with that.

Yes I did hear about the pricing going up. So I planned ahead and got three cases. I know not everyone can do this but beleive me, we're not being "Gouged".

And the prices that Integra posted are Canadian. The shipping and border fee's to get the fuel here are astronomical. I was in Arizona at a Hobby Town and paid $22/gallon for Byrons 30%, just before Gen 2 was announced.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
There is a thread around here somewhere all about that. It was all the talk a couple weeks back.
30% fuel unavailable
KyLayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:15 PM   #24
Tech Regular

Blowpopracer, I just got off the phone with Vernon at Cold Fusion, and he said he will email you the cost when he gets home tonight. Probably midnight or later. If you have any questions just let us know.

BTW, His screen name on here is coldfusionfuel1.
[URL="www.murnanmodified.com"]Murnan Modified Motors[/URL] [URL="www.radiopost.com"]Radiopost[/URL] [URL="www.powermasterfuels.com"]Powermaster Fuels[/URL] [URL="www.agamausa.com"]Agama USA[/URL] [URL="www.hobbyprousa.com"]Hobby Pro USA[/URL] [URL="www.bukupower.com"]BuKu Power[/URL] [URL="www.fastlanegear.com"]Fastlane Graphix[/URL]
seayya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:02 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to stoptherockets3
Default My price!

I guess I am the only luck one here! I pay about $22.00 a gallon for 30%! Well actually my dad does!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Quote:
Blowpopracer, I just got off the phone with Vernon at Cold Fusion, and he said he will email you the cost when he gets home tonight. Probably midnight or later. If you have any questions just let us know.

BTW, His screen name on here is coldfusionfuel1.
Thanks for keeping me updated.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:31 AM   #27
Tech Regular

I just PMed my local hobby store guy for some engine stuff and he said fuel is finally hard to get and has gone up in price for us here in Northern Indiana finally. I still have 1.5 gallons so I don't know what we are up to. 4 weeks ago I think it was I paid $26 dollars a gallon for Trinity 30% and there was two gallons on the shelf.

Also what are the Olympics doing to the world? First nitro, now dog meat

http://www.wndu.com/watercooler/headlines/24445819.html
bjr48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #28
Tech Initiate

New price on O´donnell 25% will be $91.66 a gallon here in Sweden, according to my lhs.
Hudy
swede8ight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:40 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by swede8ight View Post
New price on O´donnell 25% will be $91.66 a gallon here in Sweden, according to my lhs.
Wow! Are you going to pay that?! I'm not familiar with Sweedish currency exchange rate though. What were you paying back in May or something like that or last year?
bjr48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:46 PM   #30
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by swede8ight View Post
Screw that!!!!

equates to £44 a gallon in uk dosh currently we are at £23 a gallon for od
Megacrash is offline   Reply With Quote