R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-10-2008, 01:18 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by largeorangefont View Post
I have not specifically tuned a Vspec yet, but have tuned 3 needle carbs hundres of times. First make sure the 3rd needle is at or very close to the stock setting. Generally I will get the engine tuned using only the main a low speed needle. Only then will I adjust the mid needle, and make coresponding adjustments to the low and main needles.

It sounds like you may actually be lean on the bottom, and compensating by a rich main needle, and the engine is just not clearing out.

What plug are you using?
no the motor ceans out quite well its definately the transition from low to top end it smokes covering the car in oil!which is why i think its the mid needle ill try the 2 oclock method
cheers for the response
spudly12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:27 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudly12 View Post
no the motor ceans out quite well its definately the transition from low to top end it smokes covering the car in oil!which is why i think its the mid needle ill try the 2 oclock method
cheers for the response

just remember whatever you do with the MID needle you do the opposite with the LSN or you will alter alter the tune, so basically if you turn the MID in 1/4 turn, you would turn the LSN out a 1/4 turn
a win on the lottery :D
slow coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #18
Tech Adept

right just a quick update i found the high speed needle loose but the motor still has loads of pinch and not yet looseend up yet so ill just get more tanks through it and see how it goes cheers for the help
Old 07-10-2008, 02:08 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

If you are still having problems with the mid range give me a ring @ 713-392-7480 I'd type it out but don't have the time right now. I have gone through about two gallons of fuel just messing with a mid range needle. If you move the mid range needle you really need to start from square one on the high and low speed needles. IT CHANGES EVERYTHING
epfalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:27 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by epfalzer View Post
If you are still having problems with the mid range give me a ring @ 713-392-7480 I'd type it out but don't have the time right now. I have gone through about two gallons of fuel just messing with a mid range needle. If you move the mid range needle you really need to start from square one on the high and low speed needles. IT CHANGES EVERYTHING
cheers for that i cant believe how much pinch this motor still has i have about 3/4 gallon through it!and it still sticks at top i bought a con rod for it but ill leave till its broken in properly
once again thanks to those who have replied