Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
LOOKING FOR A 21 FOR LOSI 8 ANY SUGGESTIONS? >

LOOKING FOR A 21 FOR LOSI 8 ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOOKING FOR A 21 FOR LOSI 8 ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiMadMan
Yea whatever you do don't listen to this guy. I have a Go tech 3 port R spec and it out runs allot of the high dollar mills on my short track. Best bang for the buck..

yup buy a go ther great if you want to spend 100 dollars on a real carb biggest pile of crap i bought hell for 300 dollars i could have bought a p5 because thats what it costed me to make the go run good its a shame i had alot of faith in it till i found out the carb was a pile

oh and tuning a engine with the lowspeed i hope all you run is gos because everything else tunes with the high speed
Old 07-09-2008, 01:45 AM
Tech Initiate

hey im a honest guy. yeah at first i thought that the GO's would be junk, but man i was wrong. imo if someone buys a $400+ motor then all you are really gettin is a name. yeah they have their traits as with any other company but all of them do. the GO's have the same yeah you may have to tune on the ls needle but oh well if i can get somewhwere around 10gal out of it for ONLY $200 or so then i figure ive got my money's worth out of it plus some. let me tell ya buy the GO and you will not be disapointed. like i said in a earlier post just read the GO TECH thread it will make up your mind for you plus the tech service is GREAT
Old 07-09-2008, 03:50 AM
Tech Master

I like how the engines are so great yet i had a problem im telling people about my expierence of the engine. its not like ive never tried one to me they are junk and with that crappy carb there is no way you will get 10 gallons out of it.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cheesecake
I like how the engines are so great yet i had a problem im telling people about my expierence of the engine. its not like ive never tried one to me they are junk and with that crappy carb there is no way you will get 10 gallons out of it.
The carb issue has been fixed and if you have the long LSN needle RF will replace it I believe. As far as not lasting I have 9 gallons on my 3 port 'sport' motor and it still runs fine. So I expect to get MUCH more out of my 7 port.

But to each there own. If you want to spend twice as much on something that performs similar or less so, then go for it.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Well i took the plunge and ordered a grp tuned. I will let you guys know if i made a mistake or not!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
+1
Old 07-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

price on those go engines seems great, but when you realize that making one live anywhere close to what a motor 2 or 3 times its price isnt going to happen, you quickly wish you had bought a $300 motor instead of 4 $120 motors.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wes95_z28
price on those go engines seems great, but when you realize that making one live anywhere close to what a motor 2 or 3 times its price isnt going to happen, you quickly wish you had bought a $300 motor instead of 4 $120 motors.
Your taking everything out of context. Why are you comparing a sport motor to a race motor? and who says Go's don't last?

I think someone is a hater because they spent so much more for the same thing.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

its hard to judge the life of an engine because it varies so much, depending on how you care for the engine, how it is broken in, there are a lot of variables that come into play when looking at the life expectancy.

Furadi, i know you have had luck with the go engines, but there are plenty who have had issues, me included. my 7 port engine engine with about 4.5 gallons through it still has plenty of pinch, the darn carb just wont hold a tune on either my 3 port race or 7 port. perhaps the new lsn will help this problem, but its not worth the risk of racing with it, if it wont hold a tune its a useless paper weight for me until the issues are resolved.

In any event, good luck to the op, hope your happy with your new engine.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Furadi
Your taking everything out of context. Why are you comparing a sport motor to a race motor? and who says Go's don't last?

I think someone is a hater because they spent so much more for the same thing.
The guys who say they dont last are the three different individuals that have at one time ran them at my local track, then after about 4-5 gallons that was it they were done and never wanted another one.

And no there is no hating here, no go powered vehicle has ever passed me on a track. There usually still sitting on the bump box with the owner cussing cause the damn motor wont start.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Furadi
The carb issue has been fixed and if you have the long LSN needle RF will replace it I believe. As far as not lasting I have 9 gallons on my 3 port 'sport' motor and it still runs fine. So I expect to get MUCH more out of my 7 port.

But to each there own. If you want to spend twice as much on something that performs similar or less so, then go for it.
hey i have a feeling my jammin jpx 21 will out run your go anyday and its a 200 dollar engine like your go. and we wont even bring up my novarossi that doesnt have a carb problem like the go
Old 07-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cheesecake
hey i have a feeling my jammin jpx 21 will out run your go anyday and its a 200 dollar engine like your go. and we wont even bring up my novarossi that doesnt have a carb problem like the go
Well, I guess at the end of the day it's moot right? It's not a secret that the fastest engine means nothing on the track. Specially when your splitting hairs between race engines.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by smracer31
its hard to judge the life of an engine because it varies so much, depending on how you care for the engine, how it is broken in, there are a lot of variables that come into play when looking at the life expectancy.

Furadi, i know you have had luck with the go engines, but there are plenty who have had issues, me included. my 7 port engine engine with about 4.5 gallons through it still has plenty of pinch, the darn carb just wont hold a tune on either my 3 port race or 7 port. perhaps the new lsn will help this problem, but its not worth the risk of racing with it, if it wont hold a tune its a useless paper weight for me until the issues are resolved.

In any event, good luck to the op, hope your happy with your new engine.
/shrug. I must be lucky then, because I haven't had a single problem with my Go's. But then again, my motors don't have the plagued long LSN.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jwcobra03
Well i took the plunge and ordered a grp tuned. I will let you guys know if i made a mistake or not!
great choice ive heard alot of great things about the grp engines
Old 07-09-2008, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

U must had a really bad time with ur GO motor lol..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.