30% fuel unavailable

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30% fuel unavailable

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 30% fuel unavailable

The local rumor is, no more 30% nitro is being produced. Can anyone confirm or dispell this rumor?
Old 06-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I think there is a shortage if nirtomethane coming in the future. I was reading some comments on other forums and it shouds like this is a bigger problem in full size drag racing (where they go through 4-6 gallons in a 5 second run). Prices could/will increase but I don't think it will affect which percentage mixes will or won't be produced. Maybe we'll see more guys using 25-25% if the price of nirto gets too high.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default nitro

none of this rumors are true! because my team/sponsor makes the fuel and he said its bull crap! he asked the guys that he bought from, they laughed and said nope its impossible for these nitros to be run out unlike the oil.

Matrix Concepts racing fuel is aviable from matrix concepts if your interested..

[email protected] <-- email for more info..
Old 06-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

This was just talked about in another post. Someone from a RC company got a hold of Byron's and Byron's said no worries for the 30%. I run Byron's so I'm not too worried. Hope this helps
Old 06-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Someone call sidewinder and see how much 30% they have left, and how much more they are going to produce...

Hate to say it, but 30% is going to be hard to come by from some companies. I know a few of them are cutting their 30% off and just making 20% to try and conserve the Nitro.

No rumor, it is all true, call Sidewinder yourself and ask them!
Old 06-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sidewinder is garbage anyway .
Old 06-13-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vigilante212
Sidewinder is garbage anyway .

Hmmmm... we'll have to disagree on that. Unfortunately nobody locally seems to have any Sidewinder 30%. (I run 30% worlds blend usually)

Might have to switch fuel... but I really like Sidewinder... no afterrun oil needed, it is always consistant, motor stays clean except the slight pink discoloration...
Old 06-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

I'm glad to hear that about Byron's. It's all I run in any of my engines, and don't have to worry about much with it and it generates ungodly power.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

A quote I found on the S-Grid

morgan fuels will not produce 30% sidewinder for the time being. pro
blend and worlds blend will only be available in 20%. due to the
recent natural disasters and the olympics in china. morgan fuels has
more than enough inventory of nitromethane but doesn't want to run
supply short until production and distribution continues.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

I dont' run Sidewinder either, Byrons for me, however if one company can't get enough nitro to produce 30%, that means the others are not far behind... or so I would think?

Dave
Old 06-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I wonder about Nitrotane, since it is produced by VP Racing fuel and they are a large producer of full scale race fuel will they drop the rc stuff? I may have to switch any suggestions
Old 06-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.dragracingonline.com/anal...5-nitro-1.html
Old 06-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtyDezPirate
none of this rumors are true! because my team/sponsor makes the fuel and he said its bull crap! he asked the guys that he bought from, they laughed and said nope its impossible for these nitros to be run out unlike the oil.

Matrix Concepts racing fuel is aviable from matrix concepts if your interested..

[email protected] <-- email for more info..

If you truely believe what you posted your WAY out of touch with what is happening in the real world. There IS a shortage of Nitro, China AND drag racing/VP racing fuels is to blame. This shortage is going to hurt the small Fuel guys WAY worse then it will Morgan Fuels. When you have there buying power you'll be ok. When you only buy a few drums at a time it's going to hurt.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Guys what the story is....... is some of the R/C fuel manufacturers used to buy theyre nitro from a big medical supply company that no longer sells to anyone in the R/C industry.

I know the manufacturers that use automotive grade nitro have not been on any sort of shortage. VP supplies the motorsports industry with Nitro, it is distributed by a few high profile racing organizations.

We at TQ Fuel have no shortage of nitro to blend fuel, but I can say our 30% fuel demand has gone up extremely high in the last 3 months due to the other manufacturers not being prepared for the changes. We have direct connections within NHRA and have no plans of any shortage.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Tony your gonna tell me straight up that your price will not increase on your fuel in the near future??

I'm not saying we can't get fuel but I garuntee EVERYONES price is going up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.