R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #16
Tech Addict

I cured the VG Blues i bought a Sirio .21 with a turbo head. way lots of power and stays running. i did nt get rid of the VG i am still interested as to why this engine doesnt meet my expectations. so i will try a few ore things but i wont be racing the VG anymore ia bit embarassing when engine flames out just as you pull up to your pit man and they have refuel and then restart everytime. Oh well keep on racing
----------------------- Watch for the Sale ----------------------
Storm59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:48 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to omaha_racing

I have been running a VG since the start of the season this year. Been using a JP-3 with a number 6 os plug and have had zero problems. I am running Byrons 30%, and have a hard time to get it over 240. Has plenty of power. I am torn though, I have a new in the box V-Spec, but am considering returning it and getting a GRP instead.
omaha_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:22 AM   #18
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishing Fool View Post
Darn, I just ordered the .21 VG today, heard it was a great motor for begginers, I am just looking for a reliable motor that does not have to much power as my 12 year old son would not be able to handle it. I was told this was a good choice, but maybe not! Any other suggestions or comments as my LHS just ordered it for me today!
Don't believe everything you read. Ive got one that I cant even count how many gallons are on it and it keeps going and going. Tunes fine and makes enough power for most tracks "most". If your at a track with doubles and triples it doesn't make the power you will need to be competitive. Temps good @230 after every run too and is great on plugs. The only thing Ive done to it is gasket sealed the carb base.
MonkeyWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm59 View Post
I have always been told about how reliable and easy it is to tune an OS engine.
I have 2 OS 21's an OS 21 tm and an OS 21 VG.
the TM has been very difficult to tune it runs hot all the time and sometimes very hot (300) if you get the temp down then the performance is very poor and has trouble idling.
The VG has a constant problem of flaming out. when you start it , it runs great good performance but, as soon as it temps up (210) it starts to not idle. very hard to get peolpe to work the pits for you when your vehicle is flaming out on ya.
I am very frustrated with these engines. i have an 18 tm which is very good is it the 21's or is it just me. i have had some very experienced people try to tune these engines.
i have pulled te carbs and put high temp silicone at any place i thought there may be a leak but still no cure.
I have the same problems with my .21 VG. I'm very disappointed with this engine. Somethings not right with the new sleeve material. I've never had a problem with any of my other OS engines until this one. I gave up on mine. Currently being parted out.
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote