Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
porting for a picco .28?? >

porting for a picco .28??

porting for a picco .28??

Old 07-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default porting for a picco .28??

I got a picco .28 in a trade. motor has less than a gallon on it. looking to get it ported, anyone have this motor and is it worth porting. thanks
Old 07-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Worth getting modified without a doubt. I actually do ALOT of those engines.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Lord

DEFINATLY worth modding....these mills have Alot more potential.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...2039&ei=&hl=en
Old 07-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i am actually in the process of getting mine ported by one of the guys on this site. it will have the most rediculous port job done to it. he is thinking about rifling the crank and turboing the crank as well.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dieseldog20
i am actually in the process of getting mine ported by one of the guys on this site. it will have the most rediculous port job done to it. he is thinking about rifling the crank and turboing the crank as well.
lol If you think that stuff works then thats cool.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:54 AM
Tech Adept

get it ab moded i have and its a missile if you want power and reliabilatey look no further than ab mods if you dont get it done by a amature !
adams work is second to none i have 2 motors done by him and both are great i can not say enough about the work he does
hope this helps you decide
Old 07-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by German Muscle
i am not the one doing the porting on it his name is mark from powerhouse performance and to be completely honest i would trust him with anything that i would send him. you should ask him about the rifling he wants to do on my motor. he can explain it better than i can. plus it never hurts to try something new.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

How can you prove that it does not work the pro's have dynos that say other wise.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mfroot
How can you prove that it does not work the pro's have dynos that say other wise.

well, this is a 10 minute drive for me.

Ive seen what works and doesnt work by having my motor modded by and talking to a local modder. There is alot of stuff people will do and claim does stuff but does nothing.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

well, this is a 10 minute drive for me.

Ive seen what works and doesnt work by having my motor modded by and talking to a local modder. There is alot of stuff people will do and claim does stuff but does nothing.
Ok thats what i call playing the trump card i will be quite now no i can't so the gains i saw on my engine came for what i did to the crank not the portting?
Old 07-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mfroot
Ok thats what i call playing the trump card i will be quite now no i can't so the gains i saw on my engine came for what i did to the crank not the portting?
what?
Old 07-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

what?
Ok what i meant in some card games they have a card know as the trump card the trump card beats all other cards i was sayying your dyno pic beats what i had.Then i said that i guess the improvements i see on my engine comes from the crank work not the sleeve work.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

I dont think German Muscle is trying to be rude in his post or try and play any cards... he is a local to me and he has been by the shop alot and seen me modify engines, test engines, do alot of R&D etc. He has seen alot of things 1st hand and may have just come off wrong to you. I dont think he means any harm to you or any modifying company out there. Heck if were not always trying something different and testing it, then these engines wouldnt keep getting better. Look at the engines even 5-6 years ago to what they are now. I can promise you they didnt get better over time with no experimenting/R&D. I know I do ALOT of it. But thats what its all about!
Old 07-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Colt4g63
I dont think German Muscle is trying to be rude in his post or try and play any cards... he is a local to me and he has been by the shop alot and seen me modify engines, test engines, do alot of R&D etc. He has seen alot of things 1st hand and may have just come off wrong to you. I dont think he means any harm to you or any modifying company out there. Heck if were not always trying something different and testing it, then these engines wouldnt keep getting better. Look at the engines even 5-6 years ago to what they are now. I can promise you they didnt get better over time with no experimenting/R&D. I know I do ALOT of it. But thats what its all about!
No i did not take offense to what he said i asked how he knew that portting did not work and he showed me i think its awsome he could do that and glad he did.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

Thats awsome that you guys can have a discussion about this type of thing and it be civil. Alot of the time threads like this can turn out to be a pissing match and it does no one any good thats trying to learn or read up on the forums. I guess I just jumped the gun and tried to throw water on a fire that I thought might break out Sorry guys. Carry on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.