R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-12-2008, 07:49 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Hi Josh take a look at the reviews on this engine at A-Main hobbies.There are three page's of reviews,with only 1 person that had a gripe.And these are people that own ahd have run the Engine.Just my 2cents
Optimus Grime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:34 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
Hi Josh take a look at the reviews on this engine at A-Main hobbies.There are three page's of reviews,with only 1 person that had a gripe.And these are people that own ahd have run the Engine.Just my 2cents
With A-Main reviews, anyone can write anything, even it they don't own it, so keep that in mind also.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:12 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Same thing happens here all the time by reading some of the unbeliveable B.S. on this site! Read into everything,So many seem to chime in on stuff you can easily tell they haven't a clue about! So It go's on on every RC forum!
Optimus Grime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:43 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to New Jack

Josh_c: As I've claimed in the the Past I have two of the RB C6 BBT engines and race them in my Truggy, may be a bit radical for a buggy though (unless you have an open track with not too many sharp turns), this engine has Outstanding bottom end & the top end is excellent as well. We have a Triple jump on our track & most everybody else must make the turn prior to it Wide in order to clear it, I cut it close to the pipe on purpose & still am able to clear it with EASE! I run pretty much all RB engines, the O.S. Speed are descent!

Rides: MBX7R, MBX7R ECO, MBX7T, D413, SCT 410
New Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:04 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

The funny thing is that i started this thread with the intention of getting a Novarossi but i have know decided it will either be an RBC6BBT L2G or a OS Speed Alu version.

You tend to hear people that own a OS Speed say that it's so much better then the RB and Vice versa. I have a C5BB at the moment and love the thing, took quite a while to break in. It's getting a bit old now and doesn't quite have the power and compression like it use to.

I have read all the reviews on Amain and they can be helpful, but then you get some people come on and write a review bagging out the product like its their enemy, some reviews just have to be ignored.

So basically this is what i have concluded, and correct be if i am wrong?
1. overall power (from bottom-top end) - RB (is this correct?)
2. Longevity - RB
3. Fuel economy - OS speed

Most of the tracks i race on have tight corners with some sort of open part to the track.
josh_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:45 PM   #21
Tech Initiate

I just bought a nr 5kt. I am currently running p5x b/c I have not decided if I am modding the 5kt yet. I don't have time to break it in yet. The p5x is running great so it really does not bother me. R/C car in the july and august issues have reviewed the c6bb turbo and the new jx ninja. the RB review the reported the rb as an on/off mill, that lacks low end torque. The did not see that the new c6 was a bad motor, but would be better suited to more open tracks seen in Europe. The new Ninja seems to have many of the same improvements as the speed, at a lower price. It got a good review. I race on short technical tracks mostly so I really like the low-end torque mills. If I need more high end speed I would rather change the gearing and be faster with a faster time from corner to corner than be the fastest in the straight. Straight speed to me is like the old golfers term drive for show, putt for dough. Time the sections on the track. Count passes on each section. When you fall five feet back in the straight how much real time is that. Is it made up when all the car pile up on the first turn? To me the turbo seems to have a faster power band. The engine has the same general characteristics, but reacts a little faster to commands. The none turbo has a smoother power band. This can be useful in low traction tracts, but you can tune out the quicker power band of the turbo with gearing and clutch engagement. I believe the Turbo just offers a little more flexibility when setting up for a track. So when it comes to engines for racing, pick an engine for your track and driving style. Most all these engines will work well and be competitive.
Relay8039 is offline   Reply With Quote