jato or rustler >

jato or rustler

jato or rustler

Old 07-04-2008, 02:12 PM
vxv
Tech Rookie

Questions?? jato or rustler

Ok im wandering which do you guys think is better. jato 3.3 or rustler vxl

Originally i wanted the jato 3.3 but ive read people saying that with the 3s lipo or a 9cell a rustler could own the jato but couldnt you get a 9cell or 3s lipo for the jato? if not why

also how much is a 9cell or 3s lipo?

thanks

i just realised the rustler is electric and that probably means the 9cell is a battery but whats a 3s lipo? still i want to know rustler or jato?

since this is nitro section of forum should i repost in electric?
Old 07-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vxv
Ok im wandering which do you guys think is better. jato 3.3 or rustler vxl

Originally i wanted the jato 3.3 but ive read people saying that with the 3s lipo or a 9cell a rustler could own the jato but couldnt you get a 9cell or 3s lipo for the jato? if not why

also how much is a 9cell or 3s lipo?

thanks

i just realised the rustler is electric and that probably means the 9cell is a battery but whats a 3s lipo? still i want to know rustler or jato?

since this is nitro section of forum should i repost in electric?
The Jato is a nitro car. So no you couldent get a lipo or 9cell for it. Unless its a electric conversion.

Next you have to ask yourself if you wan't a nitro or electric.

A VXL on 3s would be powerful enough to run with or out run a jato, but your battery is going to go dead sooner or later. So is that a problem for you?
A nitro motor needs more maintenance than a Brushless electric to maintain, and will need to be constently adjusted with the change of temp and humidity of the weather. Is that a problem for you?
Old 07-04-2008, 02:29 PM
vxv
Tech Rookie

The Jato is a nitro car. So no you couldent get a lipo or 9cell for it. Unless its a electric conversion.

Next you have to ask yourself if you wan't a nitro or electric.

A VXL on 3s would be powerful enough to run with or out run a jato, but your battery is going to go dead sooner or later. So is that a problem for you?
A nitro motor needs more maintenance than a Brushless electric to maintain, and will need to be constently adjusted with the change of temp and humidity of the weather. Is that a problem for you?

is the humidity question for the nitro?

and i think since im new it would be bad to have to adjust and be careful because i have no clue how to adjust it or maintain it.

also it depends how long the battery life is because if its like 15minutes than no way.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow I came up in the time of 1000, and 1500 mah packs were runtime was only around 5 mins. With the new batteries and brushless you can get 15 to 20 strong mins on NIMH batteries and with some of the higher capacity LIPOs you could get in the 30 to 40 min range.

Nitro is complicated at first, but it just take time to learn how when and what to turn twist and lube.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i think you should go for the jato
Old 07-04-2008, 03:09 PM
vxv
Tech Rookie

Right now im leaning toward a rustler because it seems easier for me to just get a lipo and charger than pay for gas to and from the hobby shop which is 20min away from me and isnt nitro expensive? I think i saw a thread that said 40 bucks for a gallon.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Are you new to the hobby? If you are and don't have someone to help you out, I would not go with the Jato. I see so many people coming through our LHS with burned up motors because they don't know how to adjust. I have a Jato 3.3. Its a blast but do have to maintain the motor.

If you get the Rustler, you don't have to start out with the big batteries, you can start with something a little less powerful and work your way up. You could get something like the Orion 4800 platinum (lipo) and get all the speed you want. 9 cell batteries way about 1000 lbs, so I would go with the lipo. As long as you pay attention to what your are doing they are just as safe as anything else. Once you have the hang of it you can move up to 3 cell jobs.

just my 2 cents, I hate seeing folks get in over their head and then put it on the shelf because they can't keep it running or its always broken.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have owned both of these cars and I say dont buy either 1. Buy either Team Associated, or Team Losi cars because you may1 day want to race what ever you get and wont be able to. Traxxas makes only 1 racer the Revo. I learned my lesson Quickly getting back into the hobby a couple years ago after taking a break for a while. I only race now and race A factory team " Team associated" T4 if you want electric thats what you want. If you want nitro you want the T4's brother the GT2.