R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-07-2008, 10:29 AM   #46
Tech Apprentice

I didn't read the whole thread as I am at work and don't have that kind of time right now. Maybe when I get home. But....

If I have to listen to peoples kids yelling and screaming at the top of their lungs, they can listen to my nitro r/c.

New R/C coming soon
racer12306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:44 AM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crazy4wdracer

I live right next to a 1:1 sprint/latemodel track. It is very noisy and they race every friday night and usually goes on until about midnight. I go there just about every friday. One time a few years ago a lady went up to my neighbors house with a petition to stop the racing there, he told her that they only race once a week and her dog barks 24/7. She never took that petition to a single other house either and I sure am glad.
crazy4wdracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:53 AM   #48
Tech Apprentice

That is like the crap with people trying to shut down drag tracks, when the track was there when all it was was a field. The population can in afterwards and people are then complaining about the noise. All I have to say is STFU to people like that.

New R/C coming soon
racer12306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Who's wide reaching stretch is comparing running a gas rc car in a driveway to destroying some of your and your neighbors property? Sorry to hear that was done, I would've been upset as well and done the same thing as you. But what I'm writing about here is not destruction of property, but someone trying to be overbearing to the point they think they can make a kid or whoever stop enjoying their little car simply because of the noise, which is comparable or less than a mower or weed eater. I'd much rather listen to a gas vehicle than some dog barking it's fool head off all day. Ever try and have that stopped? Good luck.

So we both think differently. I believe we can agree on that.
: )
Each their own and happy RC'ing, Electric or Nitro!
Keeping racing fun and affordable with my 8y.o. twins :)
The best track I've raced is the one in my backyard!

Last edited by jbrow1; 07-07-2008 at 12:41 PM.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #50
Tech Elite

wow
Old 07-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #51
Tech Regular

Ok i have a couple suggestions:

1. anytime you see your neihbor running the awn mower, that would be a mighty fine time to crank up the rc.

2.You can try some silicone (high temp) fuel line over your stinger.
(end of the pipe) and the longer it is the less the noise should be. But keep in mind that if you get crazy long, you are possibly looking at some exhaust flow/overheating probs.

3.electric conversions are the latest greatest thing out there.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:49 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDr View Post
I'd also suggest you read up on your own local laws, amazing what a simple Google search showed, since what you're proposing as OK is definately outside the allowances of your own city's Noise Ordinance. http://ci.ftlaud.fl.us/police/noise.html

Maybe you should have read the paper this morning too. http://ci.ftlaud.fl.us/police/noise.html
Too bad, I don't live in the city of Fort Lauderdale, so it doesn't apply to me. Plus, all my RC equipment is operated at an authorized RC track park in the city of Ft Lauderdale.

Second, as I stated earlier, there is a listed time restriction for day and night and applies across the board to any noise with dB level of sound emitted which must be recorded and presented to proceed with evidence of wrong doing in court.
Also, the noise has to continue for over 10 minutes.

Last edited by ezveedub; 07-07-2008 at 03:04 PM.
ezveedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #53
Tech Regular

Hmmm not bad... a tank in the morning ...and a tank in the afternoon??? lol
That would satisfy me.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:01 PM   #54
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I guess this is the difference between kids/teenagers and adults. When I got my car I didn't even think about running nitro in my neighborhood because it would be a nuisance. End of discussion. Electric was my only option.

Some of you can't be this dense mentally? I just refuse to believe it.

If a lawn service was trying to cut grass in my neighborhood at 6am, the cops would be called. People who own houses expect there to be some noise from lawn service, barking dogs, and kids. We deal with it as it is part of living with neighbors. However, when any of those gets out of line... barking dog late at night, cutting grass at bad hours of the day, kids who won't STFU, cops get called or discussion with the neighbors about being more considerate.

honestly, I probably wouldn't care about a nitro car in my hood if it was running during the day when 95% of the people aren't home. Same with dirt bikes.

Example, I live across the street from a park. I don't mind people playing pick up games there. However, once some teenagers decided to not only play a pick up game, but did so with music blasting and yelling obscenities. Naturally, all the neighbors got mad and called the cops on them. It is about respecting other people who may not consider what you are doing fun or appropriate.

But again, convert to electric. My neighbors never complain.

Sponsors: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and my wife's bank account.
Edumakated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:29 PM   #55
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You another thing about all this is that almost anytime that I have ran an of my nitro cars in the neighborhood you more nieghbors that are interested in how cool the car is or how fast it is or how it works as well as all the kids coming out and watching you go up down the street. I have had a lot of the Dads stand out on there driveways with there sons to watch me play with my car.

I think for the most part we are considerate of the others if it is a summer evening or a Saturday afternoon when you have four or five mowers going radios plaing while people wash there cars in the driveway and people gathering in driveways no I don't see no problems.

I can see problems when it is Sunday morning or 9 or 10at night and you run tank after tank yes tha would be rude and ignorant. Pretty much need to put all in perspective and look at all the circumstances that surrond the situation.
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote