R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-05-2008, 08:19 AM   #16
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm not at all saying it's how I think it should be, I'm saying that is how it is ~ and I would think someone from Lauderdale would be aware of such things, but maybe you're not a homeowner or just need to do some studying up on your local ordinances and how they apply to you.

The truth of the matter is that you're comparing apples and oranges, and honestly you're making a mistake if you're trying to compare a lawn mower to a noisy RC car. One is a neccessity in keeping up your yard so it doesn't become overgrown and an eyesore, which many places also have laws regulating that as well, and the other isn't a neccessity at all but actually something used for personal enjoyment. The fact that your noisy personal enjoyment infringes on someone else's enjoyment of some expectation of peace and quiet is what leaves you caught out relative to what's lawfull and what's not. You can go ahead and battle it all you want, but you'll still be the one paying the fine because the laws have already been battled in court and their legality upheld.
So if you don't mind ticking off your neighbors and potentially getting levied with fines and penalties with go ahead and keep on doing what you're doing.

My theory always has been that we'd have fewer laws and less legislation, and we'd all get along much better as a society, if not for those that insist on doing something against all sense of decency and common sense.
rocket-mtrsprts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:39 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket-mtrsprts View Post
I'm not at all saying it's how I think it should be, I'm saying that is how it is ~ and I would think someone from Lauderdale would be aware of such things, but maybe you're not a homeowner or just need to do some studying up on your local ordinances and how they apply to you.

The truth of the matter is that you're comparing apples and oranges, and honestly you're making a mistake if you're trying to compare a lawn mower to a noisy RC car. One is a neccessity in keeping up your yard so it doesn't become overgrown and an eyesore, which many places also have laws regulating that as well, and the other isn't a neccessity at all but actually something used for personal enjoyment. The fact that your noisy personal enjoyment infringes on someone else's enjoyment of some expectation of peace and quiet is what leaves you caught out relative to what's lawfull and what's not. You can go ahead and battle it all you want, but you'll still be the one paying the fine because the laws have already been battled in court and their legality upheld.
So if you don't mind ticking off your neighbors and potentially getting levied with fines and penalties with go ahead and keep on doing what you're doing.

My theory always has been that we'd have fewer laws and less legislation, and we'd all get along much better as a society, if not for those that insist on doing something against all sense of decency and common sense.
Like I said, interpretation of law. There are manual push lawn mowers and clippers, pruning saw, etc. I don't like noise, so they can use those too, instead of gas powered. Now tell me the legal argument there. They have the right to use that crap in the morning while my wife who works nights and has to sleep in the daytime, listens to that BS noise, oh but that acceptable.

As for me, my neighborhood has an assocociation and they can't pull crap with fines. I've been to the meetings and went over by-laws, what you find out is the compaint pursuit will have to spend money on legal to pursue the issue, which is more thans its worth.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:09 AM   #18
Tech Elite

EFRA 2008 legal pipe for v-spec

Thread for latest EFRA 2008 noise approved pipes I posted earlier this week.
INS airboxes were not on the list though.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:14 AM   #19
Tech Elite

EFRA 2008 Homologation procedure data:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mufflerhomologationprocedure2008V2.pdf (123.3 KB, 125 views)
Old 07-05-2008, 03:37 PM   #20
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
Like I said, interpretation of law. There are manual push lawn mowers and clippers, pruning saw, etc. I don't like noise, so they can use those too, instead of gas powered. Now tell me the legal argument there. They have the right to use that crap in the morning while my wife who works nights and has to sleep in the daytime, listens to that BS noise, oh but that acceptable.

As for me, my neighborhood has an assocociation and they can't pull crap with fines. I've been to the meetings and went over by-laws, what you find out is the compaint pursuit will have to spend money on legal to pursue the issue, which is more thans its worth.
Sorry you don't get it or understand the difference.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
Sorry you don't get it or understand the difference.
No, you just don't how to deal with laws and interpret them properly.

As for contributing to the issue at hand, you still haven't offer any solutions to the original poster other than tell him to pack up his RC equipment, but yet you have the right to tell me I'm not offering any solutions.

Also, if you get a chance to look RC tracks check this one out. Its Coral Springs Raceway in Florida. It sits right in the middle of a neighborhood and the city allows it. Racing is all in the daytime on Sunday.

http://www.csrccc.com/csrcforum/viewtopic.php?t=840
http://www.csrccc.com/csrcforum/viewtopic.php?t=2

And thats just the offroad track. There's an onroad track right next to it.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:46 AM   #22
Suspended

Quote:

As for contributing to the issue at hand, you still haven't offer any solutions to the original poster other than tell him to pack up his RC equipment, but yet you have the right to tell me I'm not offering any solutions.

Also, if you get a chance to look RC tracks check this one out. Its Coral Springs Raceway in Florida. It sits right in the middle of a neighborhood and the city allows it. Racing is all in the daytime on Sunday.

http://www.csrccc.com/csrcforum/viewtopic.php?t=840
http://www.csrccc.com/csrcforum/viewtopic.php?t=2

And thats just the offroad track. There's an onroad track right next to it.

ROFLMAO

keep sticking your head in the sand ...
Old 07-06-2008, 04:53 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic

I beleave it's time for some one to get off the high horse and smell the nitro. Kids, stop with the snbliling or your going to have your TOYS taken away.
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:59 AM   #24
Suspended

Quote:
You can interpret and try to deal with laws in any manner you choose, but ignoring the reality of the incessant high decibel noise our nitro toys produce and how annoying many people find it along with the smell and toxic odor they emit is what has led to so many tracks all over the country being shut down or needing to be relocated.
theDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:00 AM   #25
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
ROFLMAO

keep sticking your head in the sand ...

U should take your own advice, there is no getting through to u. Home owner's also have right's!! Thats the cool thing about paying taxes!!!!!
NOS2stage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:05 AM   #26
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS2stage View Post
U should take your own advice, there is no getting through to u. Home owner's also have right's!! Thats the cool thing about paying taxes!!!!!
I think he was referencing the idea of "ignoring the problem and it will go away." At least that's what the expression means.
Homeowners have rights, but only those allowable within the law. If you do not follow the law it doesn't matter if you pay your taxes or not, you still can be fined or jailed or have leins placed against your property.
theDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:39 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDr View Post
You can interpret and try to deal with laws in any manner you choose, but ignoring the reality of the incessant high decibel noise our nitro toys produce and how annoying many people find it along with the smell and toxic odor they emit is what has led to so many tracks all over the country being shut down or needing to be relocated.
And such cases, your tax dollars are spent on allocating lost revenues to the track owner and paying for the relocation.

At the price of property in Florida, that ain't cheap and trust me, businesses here will sue you over this and win.

As for the Coral Springs track, the townhomes were built afterwards, so they can't stop the track. But you still have to drive through another residency are to get to it and there, you end up on the backside of the townhomes.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:29 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Couple guys in here just need to go back to the electric forum.
Keeping racing fun and affordable with my 8y.o. twins :)
The best track I've raced is the one in my backyard!
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #29
Tech Rookie

What is an INS box?
zzmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:30 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzmain View Post
What is an INS box?
INS is an induction noise silencer. If fits around your air filter and drops the noise from the intake by 3db in most cases. Its a must in EU in sanctioned races. Most of the noise from RC cars in onroad were from the intake, not the muffler when this was first introduced. The Novarossi box I believe should fit both .21 and .12 and the Mid Mugen box fits .12 engines. Add the newer 2008 EFRA 3XXX series pipes and the noise should be reduced quite a bit.
Attached Thumbnails
Noise levels-nrinsbox.jpg   Noise levels-mugb0010.jpg   Noise levels-2025%2520ins_box%2520silencer.jpg  

Last edited by ezveedub; 07-06-2008 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Added INS box pics
ezveedub is offline   Reply With Quote