R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-05-2008, 09:46 AM   #31
Tech Adept

Default His job is done!

Looks like the ToyCar troll got the results he was looking for! A stirred up hornets nest.... notice that he (she?) hasn't posted again....

Losi - Spektrum - Byron's Fuel - Airtronics
Robbie
GSHobby.com
n10cities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #32
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Wow nice inflammatory post.

First of all your entire post talks about bearings, how does that make the whole car a POS?
tkemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:10 AM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTVLIVE View Post
Hi Guys,

The boys have done many reviews on various RC products. I can tell you this. Everyone here has been extremely impressed with the high quality of the 808. In fact I can safely say it is the nicest buggy we have ever seen. It will be on our next episode.

Best Regards,
Linda
www.rctvlive.com
When will the next episode be.....

Neil
CapeFearRaceway.com
nsgland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Default Xray XB808 Shock Covers

Oh ya one more thing on the shocks,... You can get those spring covers that are made specifically for the 808, that will help reduce the shock service interval. The ones I'm talking about fit loose so they don't bind or change spring ratio. I've tried other brands but they fit way too tight!

Try these and you will get twice the run time out of your shocks....

The link to the XB808Covers

Here is a pic of how they fit. As you can see they fit very loose, so the spring easily moves inside the cover. They work well if your track waters often, to help keep the very damaging mud out. Also they aren't very expensive, and thats always a plus.
CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:03 PM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

it is an xray so its not a POS..any car you get can be a POS if you dont take care of it! between mugen, losi, AE, hyper 8-8.5, jammin, kyosho, xray ....it is really hard to say any of them are a POS..just misinformed or owners that mis care for them
22 SCT 2.0 Exotek Hobbywing 3.1 Stock Spec Fantom
Tekno 410SCT Hobbywing ProSC
mugenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:27 PM   #36
Tech Apprentice

I sold the 808 for $200

The GH shop owner Martin has an 808. He has had major bearing issue also from the melted rear buklhead to all the balls falling out of the rear right corner bearings and the front drive shaft side 13x19 bearing loosing all the balls and the inner race pushed out of the bulkhead

Seeing that martin had the balls fall out of the front pinion 13x19 bearing on the drive shaft side the friday before the CORCS race at Riverside I checked that bearing on my 808 that evening. Sure enough there was a lot of slop between the inner/outer races. This would be the 4th bearing in this position since new, mid May. I change it out with a new bearing that I packed with TA black grease. I make sure to bottom the three retaining screws and loosen off 3 hrs. I run the Riverside CORCS race and 1 bottle of fuel practicing on friday night. At the end of the first heat on sunday at Coquitlam I loose front wheel drive. After a quick look I see the inner race of the 13x19 bearing sitting outside of the bulkhead. All the balls fell out of it. This is by far the worse buggy I've owned. This problem is not fixable.

The second worse buggy was the K3 the wood screws were always backing out. It was easily fixed by replacing them with machine thread screws. Even the Xb8 the pivot balls balls and ball ends wore out fast so I replaced them with OFna/jammin/kyosho hardened ones. For the 808 there is no fix.

I don't give a crap about all you that support Xray. This is my experience with the 808. I have a mugen X5R and an X5T since last winter that are great and will run in place of the 808. If you lived in our area everyone that know me knows how impeccable my cars are. For 1 hour run time I spend upwards of 10 hrs of maitenance.
Toycar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:34 PM   #37
Tech Addict

i dont know how you guys are having all these so called problems, but two guys on our team is running 808's with zero issues, in fact they have been doign well with their new buggies.

Stephen Bess at RC Car magazine has been running this buggy and looked great driving the 808! zero issues, zero breakage...dialed!

If you are looking for a new buggy, this one is definitely ontop of the list. i have yet to see the new MP9 or the new Mugen, but the 808 seems like an awesome kit for sure. If i was looking for a new buggy, this would be on my list for sure.
Tonys Screws- Keeps you from getting screwed
Byrons Fuel- Makes the RC world go round
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:15 PM   #38
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Allumina

Let me know if one of your buddies wants to sell their 808 for 200 bucks, or trade for an RC8
Allumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:42 PM   #39
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allumina View Post
Let me know if one of your buddies wants to sell their 808 for 200 bucks, or trade for an RC8

Let me know as well
ffactory666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:04 PM   #40
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Old 07-28-2008, 09:18 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allumina View Post
I'm selling mine, but not for $200 bucks. BTW Jesse, I see that some of team momentums pics are in the upgrade rc thread! Did you guys hit up "Eilings Park Internation Raceway" last weekend? I want to know how it went.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:22 PM   #42
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex1 View Post
I personally think there are too many people on here that actually sniff the nitro they run.
Take your time, pay attention to details and this car will last and last.
We have all kinds of Xrays down here and wear or mis engineering was never a problem.
These coments are very short sided.
I love my car!
TEX
hey tex haven't you had the same problem now and more maybe this guy was just the first of many if so I'm sure X-ray will adress the problem

Adrian

offroaders get more jumps and like it rougher!
RETRO RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:13 AM   #43
Tech Adept

"Due to such small balls" Im sorry I can not stop laughing at the OP comments.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:17 AM   #44
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCrazy View Post

I caught the A-main race at REV. You ran an awsome race. i was watching your car through the bumps it was really stable. I was impressed with the 808 after that. The first place car was too smoothed.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:50 AM   #45
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Thanks...!

Ya that kid that won, is really really Drake'ish, might even be the next Drake...

I ran the same shock oil all weekend with my shock covers,... yep never even changed the oil.. nearley 2 hours of run time in a two day race. Those covers are kick arse...!

...you can get them here:

http://stores.ebay.com/UndergroundRCParts