R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   OFNA Picco .21 P7R EVO3 Off-Buggy Engine (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/230104-ofna-picco-21-p7r-evo3-off-buggy-engine.html)

joydude630 07-03-2008 11:08 AM

OFNA Picco .21 P7R EVO3 Off-Buggy Engine

I am planning to buy this engine. Anyone has tried them yet. Would love to get as much as info possible.

Fishing Fool 07-04-2008 10:43 AM

We where running an .21 EVO2 and did not have good luck with it, We ran a PICCO .12 on road and it is still the sweetest engine I have ever owned, However the .21 has never made it through a race, always dies out and cant get it tuned properly. When we get it to stay running it runs to hot then quits, when you richen it to run cooler it drowns out and has no power then quits. Maybe we just got a bad one, but I am staying away from them for a while.:mad:

Integra 07-04-2008 03:46 PM

the Evo 2/Jpx/Drake are all Top Notch motor's and run with the best of em....u must have gotten a lemon Fishing Fool or maby have a bad carb....did it high idle at all ?...i personally own a couple .21's and have owned the .28 version's and have all been stout mills......joydude630 i would be more then happy to say ive ran the evo 3...but havent gotten our hands on 1 yett....im sure by the end of the summer we'll have tested 1 and figured out what they did differently....i sure am curious. :nod:

WheelNut 07-05-2008 10:00 AM

I've had two Picco .21s and both of them ran really good. The power is good, fuel economy is ok, and the power band is fairly smooth. With the price they are selling at now you really can't lose, since $230 for a competitive engine is awesome to say the least.

zJatoRad 07-05-2008 07:12 PM

he's talking about the EVO 3 not the EVO 2, the EVO3 I think its $279.99 on amainhobbies, I believe I read that the powerband of this new engine is smoother, compared to the lightswitch EVO2 lol

joydude630 07-07-2008 12:39 AM

Can this engine accept a standard OS plug?

hypertuned 01-02-2009 12:50 AM

Can this engine accept a standard OS plug?
yes this engine can support OS plug.. Now im using this engine..
The power is awesome.. go.. very very good.. you will not regrade if you use this engine.......:nod::nod::nod:

Maximo 01-02-2009 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Fishing Fool (Post 4603521)
We where running an .21 EVO2 and did not have good luck with it, We ran a PICCO .12 on road and it is still the sweetest engine I have ever owned, However the .21 has never made it through a race, always dies out and cant get it tuned properly. When we get it to stay running it runs to hot then quits, when you richen it to run cooler it drowns out and has no power then quits. Maybe we just got a bad one, but I am staying away from them for a while.:mad:

You had a phantom airleak by the sounds of it.... Usually its the actual carb body that is leaking, the seam between the main body and the metal end cap will leak... its a heat sensitive leak and will become worse the hotter the carb gets.... This is a very common issue with Picco's.

Integra 01-02-2009 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by hypertuned (Post 5238716)
yes this engine can support OS plug.. Now im using this engine..
The power is awesome.. go.. very very good.. you will not regrade if you use this engine.......:nod::nod::nod:

NO OS plugs DO NOT fit the picco/jammin head. if you made them fit and seal you Bunged up the Button head for sure. :nod: ive found the Stock picco plugs are By far the best for this motor.

Marcus Falconie 01-02-2009 08:53 AM

motor

+1 on the Picco plugs as far as this motor it is fast and you can get it at Nitro House for $249 the only problem I have found with Picco motors is the cost of the rebuild, it's cheeper to buy new motors every time lol. parts are expensive. I have had good luck with the EVO 3 carb. Just use Picco plugs like he said and the motor will run great and use the two copper gaskets that come with the plug I think alot of people have tuning issues with this motor and think it's the carb just because they are using the wrong plug. Good luck

Midnight 03-20-2009 08:01 AM

I found these motors for 175, just wondering whats the latest on the Ofna .21 Picco O-1BP

Midnight 03-20-2009 08:03 AM

Also what plug will I need to pick up when I order one and can I run it in a RC8T.

t8rtot 03-20-2009 08:24 AM

i dont wanna to start a new thread for 1 question so i will ask it here.

Does any1 have any information on the Picco P3R .21 off-road motor :confused:

t8rtot 03-20-2009 03:53 PM

any1 at aLL?:confused:

Midnight 03-20-2009 06:36 PM

Does any one have any info about these motors they can pass along.