Wiki Posts
Search

Starter box problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)
Default Starter box problems

Hi all got little question/problem I got a mugen off road starter box from a friend and it has the 2 stick packs ( 1600 ) and it will not turn over my motors is it possible that the motors are weak? i pulled the belts off and both motors turn in the starter box, but dont have enough to turn it over. i have to shim the starter box motor up but i think its too close to the flywheel now. if its too close it dont have to to turn before it hits poss? if anyone has anything on this please let me know thnx will g

Last edited by will g; 07-03-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm using the mugen box for my buggy, I bought it used. The guy I bought it from had it wired to hook up to an external gel cell battery. All I did was bought a lipo starter box battery and mount it inside the box with industrial strength velcro. The box has plenty of power to start both my Werks & Ninja Engines. P.S. make sure you upgrad the plug to a Deans plug.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

the plugs are deans and i think im doing something wrong just not sure. need some opinions thnx will g
Old 07-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I'd probably try new batteries. Those 1600 stick packs might be old Nicds. If your motor is really fresh you might try heating it with a hair dryer or heat gun to loosen it up a bit before starting it.

Also try to let the wheel spin up to speed on the starter box before hitting the flywheel. If it's shimmed up too high the flywheel might make contact before it starts spinning as you suggested. Pick up the front end of the buggy while pushing the rear down to start the motors spinning, then drop it to let the flywheel contact.