R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-15-2008, 03:46 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

The Ex Tech is Sirio based. I don't know how close it really is to the Sirio you mentioned, though. But, it does have the huge advantage of being EB tuned.
I am running the Race Prepped Ex right now. It is easily in my top 3, if not totally my fav of all I have run in the past. Only reason I am saying top three, as opposed to #1, is that I've only got maybe 3/4 Gal through mine so far.
I have run...
RB S73
OPS T and S (hated the S, loved the T-also among my fav top 3)
Werks B3 - the 3rd to mention of my fav top three
Reid Modded NR 215K
SH 2400PT

I know there's others...just can't think of em now.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to supralative Send a message via Yahoo to supralative

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You View Post
The Ex Tech is Sirio based. I don't know how close it really is to the Sirio you mentioned, though. But, it does have the huge advantage of being EB tuned.
I am running the Race Prepped Ex right now. It is easily in my top 3, if not totally my fav of all I have run in the past. Only reason I am saying top three, as opposed to #1, is that I've only got maybe 3/4 Gal through mine so far.
I have run...
RB S73
Reid Modded NR 215K
SH 2400PT

I had bad luck with SH motors hehee.
I wont be buying a modded motor as of yet. I know it smooths out the power so you can drive quicker but learning throttle control is something I will get better also. I know RB's are great, but everyone runs that at our track and I just want something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes95_z28 View Post
Hack driver, Hack driver lol, just get you a lil rtr .21 its all the power you can handle man.lol

I understand what you mean about wanting something different, but you really cant go wrong with the S5, judging by your lap times there doesnt seem to be much wrong with your set up. Only thing I could suggest would be the WS7 setup, but, as soon as my s5 dies i will probably go with a ws7.
Yea no RB for me, just because I want to give something else a shot. My lap times are not good yet because the S5 is so wore out. Even with a run at the rhythmn section I couldnt make the triple. I am a motor away from consistent 12's and will lower that to a quick 12 soon hehee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malik View Post
From your writing it looks like your from the US so get the Trinity, parts are very close and there are alot of people on here that have them to help you if you get stuck some where.
Yes I am from the US. We have a great group of guys at the track that are very helpful in tuning also.
supralative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:00 AM   #33
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

being that im not the best motor tuner, I would recommend the extech since it is broken in professionally by mr bridges. from what ive learned, proper or improper break-in will determine if your motor will run at its full potential and ALL of the extech's ive seen around here SCREAM! wether in the hands of pros or novice racers, the engine always runs like a champ.

Oh, and once you here the sound of this motor idling, you'll know you made the right decision!
baruke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:31 AM   #34
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

+1 ready to run! Broken in & race tuned by Ed Bridges of EB Mods.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/25377
Old 07-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic

How can I contact Mr. Ed Bridges?
I was told that modded motors were not broken in, and you still have to go through the whole break in process still.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:09 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

this is his email eb@teamtrinity.com
615-838-5373
mugenb46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:43 PM   #37
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by supralative View Post
How can I contact Mr. Ed Bridges?
I was told that modded motors were not broken in, and you still have to go through the whole break in process still.
the modded engines are broken in, and ready to race.
Ed's Contacts
eb@teamtrinity.com
shop: 1-(570)-779-0646
Old 07-15-2008, 06:19 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I think it's important to note, there are three different versions of the Ex Tech .21
1) bone stock
2) Race Prep, basically no mods, but hand built and mic'd and run in for approx 40 minutes on Trinity Break In Blend Fuel.
3) Full on mod. I don't know if it has been run in any, but it doesn't seem to make much sense that it wouldn't be. From what I have heard, the mods are designed to smooth out bottom to mid.

I personally like a hard hitting engine. I am running the RP with 2013 and have already promised to marry this engine if I could....
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:01 AM   #39
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You View Post
I have run...
RB S73
Reid Modded NR 215K
SH 2400PT

I am surprised that a SH engine has made your list. I have had owned a SH in the past it was/will be my 1st/last anything made by SH. In my opinion SH lack QC considerably. Mine was a lemon from the start, my friend went through 3 rods semi lemon under warranty importer replaced it. The other guys had a lot of trouble as well.

Some folks have had great luck some like myself and others have had no luck, most of the people I know who have had one, used Break-in/tune by Ron Paris, so there’s very little chance of incorrect Break-in/tuning.
Jesussaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:40 AM   #40
Tech Initiate

GO TECH !!!!!!!!!!!!
i was like you tossing up motor ideas till i read the GO TECH thread and it had me hooked now that is all i will run. prices of around $200 and around 10 plus gallons now thats a goo deal. and the carb issues have been fixed on the new ones.

In Loving Memory of Braxton Lee Harville 2/22-3/30/07
wenotlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:29 PM   #41
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to zardoz Send a message via AIM to zardoz Send a message via MSN to zardoz Send a message via Yahoo to zardoz

I've been running an OS .21 V-Spec in my RC8 for a decent amount of time. Its been pretty well flawless. I've only got a couple gallons on it at most, but it will flat out scream! I've got a JP4 on it right now. At one track I run at the engine can really wind out a bit. I haven't seen a car out there yet that can outrun it.
AE RC8T FT
Team Holy Rollers
zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:51 PM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've been running a Go Tech for a while now and really like it. It's easy to tune and holds it very well. Not to mention the power it makes is crazy..

Visit the Go Tech thread for more info on this engine!
Akhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:38 PM   #43
Tech Fanatic

I have read the GO Tech thread, but just not interested in them.
75% Sirio line whether it be the CL7B, EB Mod Trinity...25% modded OS V Spec.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I was like the 2nd or 3rd post on your thread and I recommended the Team Orion CRF .21 or a GO TECH 3 or 7 port. I had just recieved and not mounted my Pro Twister Mods 5 port .21 Go Tech in my FRE Cen truggy yet. This thing is amazing I have alittle less than 1/2 agallon on it + I had a bench break done by Brian at Pro Twister Mods and I know for a fact that the "pinch" hasnt broke yet because I cant for the life of me turn it over by hand, and it is already way faster than my SH .28 Prospec modded. I dont have a problem with SH mills because yes they do make alot of "RTR" mills for people but they do make some "race" mills too. On Hobby People they have a .21 offroad mill that isnt released yet that comes with Ceramic bearings. I wouldnt be scared to buy their new buggy either. I like the fact that they make "buget and race" mills. Dynamite does and I see at tracks that less people run their top line stuff than they should just because the are known for the Mach 427 and what not. But now I say get a PTM GO TECH, I got the 5 port only because I have a truggy but I have a Hot Bodies D8 on back order and it will be going in there when the time comes. Look like 5 or 6 pages through Neo Buggy and there is a European race result that states the 1st place Driver running the 5 port GO and 5 or 6 guys at my local track run them. 3-4 buggies with the 7 port and my truggy with the PTM 5 port and my buddy has a PTM .25 6 port.... Just something to think about.......

JR servos Hitec servos. Gens ace lipos KO radio.
malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I have the Full Mod Extech. It is race prepped and tuned. Drop and go. I fattened the LSN i bit but that was it. I have never heard a mill sound this good. Purs like a kitten but has IMMEDIATE snap. Unreal power and top end.
XT8 Hobbywing 150a esc/2000kv combo KILLER! Full rc-monster e conversion. 4s
slaytanic is offline   Reply With Quote