R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-30-2008, 10:40 PM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMor101 View Post
I have raced buggy and truggy. I'm just curious. I race a Jammin truggy now but I'm looking to get another buggy. I'll probably get another Jammin. If not I might wait for the D8.
I would stick with the Jammin. Some of the parts are interchangeable and you can swap motors with out changing the fly wheel.
There tough buggies and very competitive.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:29 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice

I was at a really dry track and ran about half a gallon of gas and by the end of the day i had to put on a new set tiers on my buggy... But other then that day i can get a long time out of them.....
eric_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:18 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to zJatoRad

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4RACING View Post
The Truggy the tires will last longer and the drive train and diffs wont.
what kind of truggy are you using that is blowing the drive train and diffs? must be some kind of RTR or something because I'm sure most PRO truggies have good diffs/drive train.

Quote:
Buggy bodies are hard to wear out, yes eventually the time for replacement will come, truggy bodies are much like the MT bodies, everytime you flip you tear it up more.
sure your body will last a while, but if you crash, obviously other parts will suffer by not hitting the body...
Old 07-01-2008, 07:16 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zJatoRad View Post
what kind of truggy are you using that is blowing the drive train and diffs? must be some kind of RTR or something because I'm sure most PRO truggies have good diffs/drive train.
Ummm, dude??? Have you ever heard of the 8ight-T??? when they first came out they had serious diff case issues, and kyosho is still having diff case issues with the ST-RR.

Kyosho 777 WC w/ big bores, RB S5, ACE 1313 s., Air 357 t., JP-3
HPI Savage X SS, Axial .28, Hitec 5645 Steering servo
Nitro TC3, O.S. .18 CV-R
Associated RC18T, Brushless, Lipo
wes95_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:04 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to zJatoRad

well there's only one 8ight-T on my track and never seen it blowing a diff, but there are a few mugens/xrays/kyosho/jammin/hobao/gs and none of them are blowing diffs.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:49 AM   #21
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes95_z28 View Post
Um mm, dude??? Have you ever heard of the 8ight-T??? when they first came out they had serious diff case issues, and kyosho is still having diff case issues with the ST-RR.
Really..diff case issues..strange..I haven't heard of this yet or suffered any diff case failures in my ST-RR..I have heard of guys having other problems..like diff problems..but that's more of improper diff shimming than anything..I have seen a few problems with the front end..but it takes a pretty good hit to "shear it off"..()..But other than this the Truggies seem to cost more as far as overall wear and tear..What I have noticed with mine..Truggies: Bearings in the Hubs seem to need more maintenance and need to be replaced sooner than a buggy. Clutches: Need more maintenance (burs on clutch shoes is one) and clutch bearings replaced more often..I run the same basic motors in both my Truggy and Buggy. Tires..I seem to replace them at about the same intervals..but Truggy tires are about twice the cost..Fuel..I get much better fuel mileage with my Buggy than my Truggy..Even though my Truggy costs more to run in a season of racing i still prefer it over the buggy..
Old 07-02-2008, 05:55 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Your correct, I didnt mean the diff cases on the ST-RR I have heard of a few people having issues with the diffs themselves though regardless of how they shim. Like the 8ight though, some guys have had no issues at all.

Kyosho 777 WC w/ big bores, RB S5, ACE 1313 s., Air 357 t., JP-3
HPI Savage X SS, Axial .28, Hitec 5645 Steering servo
Nitro TC3, O.S. .18 CV-R
Associated RC18T, Brushless, Lipo
wes95_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote