R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to viperbill1963
Wink rebuild

well you can rebuild the motor with a new piston and sleeve ,might need new bearing after 10 gallons ,and a new conrod and the motor will be as good as new ,i would suggest sealing the motor with high temp sealant after breakin and rebuild ie back plate and carb.my top p5 is on its 3rd rebuild 20 plus gallon total in this motor and a strong winner ....take care of the motor and it will take care of you ..
Old 06-28-2008, 12:49 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

EDIT!!!
rageworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:08 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooldoc View Post
When your conrod busts a hole in the case, she's done. Or when your buddy get's the lastest, greatest $500 mill and consistently smokes you down the straight, she's done. Or you get a bonus at work that your wife doesn't know about, she's done.
That was good!

When you can roll the flywheel/crank with you fingers. Done. When you go wide open with a leaned out carb and the clutch won't grab. Done. When you see it on Ebay for $10.00 , it's done!
Old 06-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER View Post
That was good!

When you can roll the flywheel/crank with you fingers. Done. When you go wide open with a leaned out carb and the clutch won't grab. Done. When you see it on Ebay for $10.00 , it's done!
I was wondering when someone would say that, Because I've heard that before. Well, I can roll my engine over easily with my finger through the chassis hole... and it still runs great. What surprises me is that the idle is so steady.
Furadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:33 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to zJatoRad

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperbill1963 View Post
well you can rebuild the motor with a new piston and sleeve ,might need new bearing after 10 gallons ,and a new conrod and the motor will be as good as new ,i would suggest sealing the motor with high temp sealant after breakin and rebuild ie back plate and carb.my top p5 is on its 3rd rebuild 20 plus gallon total in this motor and a strong winner ....take care of the motor and it will take care of you ..
I don't think that's the case on the Go 3 port sport since a brand new one is $120 bucks! it's better just to get a new one and man, 10 gallons on that engine is just amazing , I have 5 gallons on my go 5 port and it's running awesome! I hope i can make it to 10 like your 3 port sport
Old 06-29-2008, 08:28 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Once the engine was out I knew this one was done. Had a good life it did and died 10 minutes into an A-main this past winter.

Keeping racing fun and affordable with my 8y.o. twins :)
The best track I've raced is the one in my backyard!
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:49 AM   #22
Tech Apprentice

i rebuild my os motors after about 8gallons thats why i have 2 race one rebuild the other when i have time and money
garys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:15 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrow1 View Post
Once the engine was out I knew this one was done. Had a good life it did and died 10 minutes into an A-main this past winter.
Lol, What did it sound like when it went?
Bigshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:44 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshades View Post
Lol, What did it sound like when it went?
Well when it actually went it didn't do anything other than make me think it flamed out. But before that during the day... We were racing indoors in the winter and the building has exhaust fans going all day long. I kept thinking my engine sounded like it had a screech to it now and then. But I've never heard an engine intermittantly make that sort of noise and it was running excellent also. So I just figured one of the exhaust fans had a bad bearing that was screeching a bit. Then 10min into the main she went down the straight, turned into the sweeper and then got 3/4 thru and coasted to a stop.
Keeping racing fun and affordable with my 8y.o. twins :)
The best track I've raced is the one in my backyard!
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote