R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-27-2008, 10:23 AM   #16
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Thanks for the pointers guys

I had one of the gold plated pit boxes in mind, you know the one for $189 - it must be gold plated, right? Thit is what I was thinking but it is tooooo spendy.

I have the wide mouth bag as my "normal" tool bag, but I don't lug that up to the track. My son is a bit small for his age, but he drives a truggy. We sometimes run in the same class so carrying two truggys, two radios, two fuel bottles (for the longer mains - otherwise we share one) and a starter box, ignitor, temp gauge, screwdriver, glowplug wrench, etc...........

He can hug his truck and radio, and I grab the rest.

I tried the milk crate, but it requires two hands and I can't quite get every thing in real well. I might try again...

Otherwise, something that I can grab with one hand and still have the other hand free for my 3pks or something would be good. Thanks for all the good ideas and keep 'em coming if anyone has more. I will start looking for some of the items mentioned here.

Oh, the kid doesn't pit me in a race. I usually borrow a fellow racer.

Thanks again!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:44 AM   #17
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

I just use a small backpack. One with the mesh pockets on each side. I throw my fuel bottle in one of the mesh pockets, starter box and radio in the big compartment and I throw my screwdriver, tire iron and tempgun in one of the smaller compartments. Throw it on my back and viola! Two free hands!
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:00 PM   #18
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B View Post
I just use a small backpack. One with the mesh pockets on each side. I throw my fuel bottle in one of the mesh pockets, starter box and radio in the big compartment and I throw my screwdriver, tire iron and tempgun in one of the smaller compartments. Throw it on my back and viola! Two free hands!
Nice, KB! Being in the Army, I might be able to find a backpack
Old 06-27-2008, 11:14 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

my box is made by STANLY its black and yellow and it has little wheels at one end and a bar at the other its about 32 incehs long 25 high 20 inches deep
superdave2 is offline   Reply With Quote