R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2008, 09:02 PM   #31
Nik
Tech Regular
 
Nik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California
Posts: 286
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdracer View Post
EXACTLY. If AM was junk then why would they still be using it in RTR's.
Because their cheap! LOL


Would you use the RTR servos in a race buggy?
__________________
I can ride my bike with no handlebars.

Last edited by Nik; 06-27-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:50 PM   #32
Tech Lord
 
UN4RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MODIFIED!
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnzor View Post
I bought a backlit M8 with FM micro rx........should work nice, then I will get dsm/dss system for it.
Nice, but don't think were done with this thread yet......
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:54 PM   #33
Tech Lord
 
UN4RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MODIFIED!
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

I'm not sure but I think the better the bandwidth the more it cost to lease it.
I think it costs so much to make an Am vs. FM cause they have to pay for that right to use it. Some frequencies are free. Like maybe AM? And of coarse the more it costs the stronger the signal. I'm not an expert but I know it works some thing like this.?
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:42 AM   #34
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: All Over So. Fla.
Posts: 985
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

If your bashing, play with the AM, if your racing upgrade. But do something about the servo's. BUT GET A FAIL-SAFE!!!
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:08 AM   #35
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,756
Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)
Default

I will be racing only, I have a AE FT RC8 with JR 9000t for steering, and JR 650z for t/b(soon to be 9000/9100s) with a new Jammin jpx.21 and dynamite HC086.......I Dont think im going to use a fail safe, only carb returns

Last edited by pwnzor; 06-28-2008 at 09:11 AM.
pwnzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:59 AM   #36
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: the other end of the driver's stand
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnzor View Post
I will be racing only, I have a AE FT RC8 with JR 9000t for steering, and JR 650z for t/b(soon to be 9000/9100s) with a new Jammin jpx.21 and dynamite HC086.......I Dont think im going to use a fail safe, only carb returns
if you don't sue a fail safe, it won't matter what sort of radio you use as you'll still face the risk of runaways. carb returns do not make you safe from them.
oldschoolracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:32 PM   #37
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Townsville
Posts: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnzor View Post
I am in need of using an AM radio until a couple weeks when I get my dx3r.........I just got new rc8 and mill, and want to get some practice laps in at new track that was just built. However, I have heard nightmarish stories about runaways and other shit with using AM and nitro.....LMK your thoughts, as I dont want my rc8 and new servos/mill destroyed, I have no fail safe, only GMK Carb-O's...will I be safe or should I just wait?? The radio im gonna maybe use is a JR xr2i......LMK and thanks for your help/suggestions........peace Trevor
Look honestly with a fail safe the radio will be fine until you upgrade, especially when you say in a few weeks. Yes FM is better than AM but an AM radio still works, some ppl forget that not everyone has fat wallets!!
Loop&Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:04 AM   #38
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: All Over So. Fla.
Posts: 985
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

FAT WALLETS!! IN the end thats what it comes down to. I think I'll go check my Lotto #s now!
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:53 AM   #39
Tech Apprentice
 
garys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: s.c.s. mi
Posts: 67
Default

failsafe and am radio not a proplem
garys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:24 AM   #40
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Coral gables, Florida
Posts: 1,265
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to infanterene
Default

Noobs and many non-noobs have runaways because of no throttle return spring. I like to use small rubber bands on the carb.
__________________
RC America - Team X-Ray - Maxys Fuel
infanterene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:09 PM   #41
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,756
Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by infanterene View Post
Noobs and many non-noobs have runaways because of no throttle return spring. I like to use small rubber bands on the carb.
exactly, Im using GMK carb-O's
pwnzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #42
Tech Adept
 
n10cities's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Posts: 149
Default Radio interference issues....

AM radios are more susceptible to interference caused by metal parts in Nitro rigs moving around (pistons going up and down, linkages moving, etc). You can really see it when you put your glow ignitor onto your glow plug before starting. My Losi RTR truck always twitched the servos when I attached the ignitor to my engine. Other than that, had no other issues...

The Spektrum-style radios using digital encoding are mostly immune from external interference caused by metal to metal induced noise...

The nice thing about running AM now is most everyone else is running Spektrum style radios at my local track, so almost all channels on AM are available when you get ready to race. Less chance of frequency conflicts nowadays...
__________________
Your arrogance blinds you.....

Losi - Spektrum - Byron's Fuel - Airtronics
Robbie
GSHobby.com
n10cities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:15 PM   #43
Tech Adept
 
pantera nitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Stanhope Gardens,Sydney, Australia
Posts: 209
Default

JR XS3 is a cheap radio thats FM but cyrstal free.

i got one because the DX3R was not in my price range after a new buggy and engine etc... but im very happy with it.
__________________
MP9-TKI2/O.S. 21XZ-B V-Spec Speed
RC8T-CE/MG66X
RC8B-e/Hobby Wing
RC King Hobbies - onlinerc.com.au - Pro-Spec Race Bearings
pantera nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:24 PM   #44
Tech Addict
 
wes95_z28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Norman, Ok
Posts: 747
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera nitro View Post
JR XS3 is a cheap radio thats FM but cyrstal free.

i got one because the DX3R was not in my price range after a new buggy and engine etc... but im very happy with it.
Small corection here, the JR XS3 is FM but it does use crystals. The JR XS3 Pro (the silver one) is synthasized which means there are no crystals.

Just thought I would clear that up incase someone buys a JRXS3 and gets dissapointed because it uses crystals.
__________________
Wes

Kyosho 777 WC w/ big bores, RB S5, ACE 1313 s., Air 357 t., JP-3
HPI Savage X SS, Axial .28, Hitec 5645 Steering servo
Nitro TC3, O.S. .18 CV-R
Associated RC18T, Brushless, Lipo
wes95_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:32 PM   #45
Tech Adept
 
pantera nitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Stanhope Gardens,Sydney, Australia
Posts: 209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes95_z28 View Post
Small corection here, the JR XS3 is FM but it does use crystals. The JR XS3 Pro (the silver one) is synthasized which means there are no crystals.

Just thought I would clear that up incase someone buys a JRXS3 and gets dissapointed because it uses crystals.
yep your 100% correct, sorry i left out the Pro part!

http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Def...odID=JRP337275

that is what i have.
__________________
MP9-TKI2/O.S. 21XZ-B V-Spec Speed
RC8T-CE/MG66X
RC8B-e/Hobby Wing
RC King Hobbies - onlinerc.com.au - Pro-Spec Race Bearings
pantera nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
temporary AM radio setup for 1/8 nitro buggy......will I be safe?? pwnzor Radio and Electronics 5 07-05-2008 11:55 PM
futaba 3pm -fm radio with 2 recivers and venom fail safe for sale 95 $hiped milk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-14-2008 06:02 AM
XM Ready radio and Nitro Buggy to trade for Nitro Rustler or Jato RTR NewNitro R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 03-17-2007 10:38 PM
3S lipo radio safe? have you tried it? TEM Electric On-Road 25 03-09-2007 12:56 PM
WTB: Nitro accessories like fail safe, fuel bottle, tools, tote bag JSY R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 02-16-2006 10:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:23 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net