R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   RC mushroom (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/228984-rc-mushroom.html)

Camberlink 06-26-2008 12:08 PM

RC mushroom

Has anyone ordered from rc-mushroom.com? if so what kind of customer service do they have? i have been looking at some stuff from them

thanks

bgbelden 06-26-2008 03:17 PM

I haven't but at $225.00 for a V-spec what's the catch ? Shipping ?:tire::confused::confused::tire:

Megacrash 06-26-2008 03:24 PM

They are awesome

I use em a fair bit mainly because we dont get stung by customs as much as we do when we buy from the us

the shipping is fair as well, ive bought a few engines from them servos etc.. never had an issue

did i mention CHEAP!!!!!!! as well

blowpopracer 06-26-2008 04:18 PM

I have not dealt with them but I have dealt with a similar company overseas. I would suggest buy one in the u.s. as shipping costs will kill you fast. If possible see what your local hobbyshop will quote you. Ours sells them for about $270 and they will break them in for you for free if you buy the fuel.

If you want I can give you info on the shop I buy my stuff at. Generally they are almost always cheaper than amainhobbies and tower and places like that.

COBRARACING 06-26-2008 04:29 PM

Ive done alot of research about these guys and they make there money on the shipping .Also there is only a 2-3% mark up on there goods as they make it up on the shipping costs to you.

They have also destroyed alot of reputable business's in the Hong kong area were hobby shops in Mongkok have gone from 40 shops to just 15 as over heads have killed them trying to compete with the low pricing of the online business's who work from Apartment blocks and bedrooms.How do i know this well i was there on an assignment for another r/c company about 2 months ago and interviewed a quite a few shops in mongkok and what they had to say was unbelievable

what i suggest is buy locally may it be the US or Europe this way your warranty issues are covered.

Support your local industry for your local industry to support you .keep the dollar in your own country.

imaxx21 06-26-2008 05:44 PM

ive ordered from them a few times, no problems..

shipping isnt bad at all.

FrankBlack 06-26-2008 06:33 PM

Great place to shop, never had a problem.

bushyar15 06-26-2008 09:09 PM

I've placed several orders with them. Received my items within a reasonable time. Once, in less than a week. Usually a couple.

I use them as its very hard to find parts for my TRF501X.

I find their prices to be pretty decent as well.

ngo8 06-26-2008 11:58 PM

i have to say rcmushroom is awesome very honest and great service always and i never get stuck paying extra customs cause he takes of us racers all the time i highly recomend .

bgbelden 07-20-2008 04:12 PM

What is longest wait time ?

Is thier shipping quick ? I'm gonna enter a series and i need a piston/sleeve by Aug. 1st. :tire::confused::confused::tire:

ezveedub 07-20-2008 06:45 PM

Anything shipped EMS from HK will be here in about 5 working days. Also remember, they are ahead of us by one day roughly.

bgbelden 07-20-2008 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by ezveedub (Post 4656175)
Anything shipped EMS from HK will be here in about 5 working days. Also remember, they are ahead of us by one day roughly.

What is "EMS" ?

Jonro 07-20-2008 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by bgbelden (Post 4579535)
I haven't but at $225.00 for a V-spec what's the catch ? Shipping ?:tire::confused::confused::tire:

The catch is they are never in stock, i tried to get one from them for a long while but kept missing out. But out of the various chinese sellers most sell v specs for under $250.

ruggydriver 07-20-2008 10:39 PM

if ur looking for a vspec 21 theres a local shop that sells nothing but race motors race pipes race cars and shit they are super super cheap i just picked up my vspec for 239.95

ezveedub 07-20-2008 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by bgbelden (Post 4656336)
What is "EMS" ?

If you shop around at most stores in Asia, they offer to ways to ship. Air Post or Air Mail and the other is EMS. EMS will come through customs in about a week. Air mail is about 7+ days to some times 2 weeks. Of course, EMS is more money.

http://www.ems.com.cn/english-main.jsp