ok i will finally ask for some help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ok i will finally ask for some help

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Yes I understand this buuuut, why wouldn't you go straight to your sponsor I.E. engine, chassi tires or whatever to find out the best setup. If your sponsored by an engine company they should be the first to know. My sarcastic remark was only a little jab. Sposored driver's should have a little more class and not get so worked up from someone that doesn't know anything right? RELAX
Old 06-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

+1

IMHO we're not the ones blowing this out of proportion.

If I was a sponsor I would want my drivers coming back to me for help. Just my .02
Old 06-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc31cli
ok look i didnt ask for smart but remarks. i know alot of my team mates come on here and could help me and give some advise. oh and on the up side i have only been driving a buggy for a year and iam already sponsered by all of these people. more than what i read about you on your signature. the only thing you could put down is what your running.

but never mind know if people are giong to come on here and say crap like that i will figure it out my self
DUDE, I'm sooo cool cause I'm sponsored. I bet you knew somebody that new somebody to get all those sponsors. I usually don't bash but I'm feeling surly today. If your sponsored you better know how to tune your mill period.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Steve Walters
You guyz are just plain RUDE!! There nothing wrong asking questions and being a sponsored driver. There are many reasons there are sponsored drivers besides being a world champ. One is being helpful and friendly when people ask questions on the web and at the track. Biggest thing is not being a prick when someone ask for help...
Funny how most of the sponsored guys that come around for the BIG races are pricks and don't answer any questions. TOOO busy, tooo cool. Jammin crew was like that at one of the last big races. They acted like their pit was top secret. Don't talk to them cause their with Jammin
Old 06-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jgtruggy
Funny how most of the sponsored guys that come around for the BIG races are pricks and don't answer any questions. TOOO busy, tooo cool. Jammin crew was like that at one of the last big races. They acted like their pit was top secret. Don't talk to them cause their with Jammin
If I experienced that I would be sure to let the company (in this example jammin) know. Almost all of the sponsored drivers I know are really nice and friendly. Just 2 name a couple.... Jared Tebo very friendly guy and willing to give straight/honest advice, also Matt Gosh very friendly guy. I didnt talk too much with him but he seemed very friendly, especially since the reason I talked to him was to appologize for spinning him out. I shouldnt have even been in the same heat as him as I am more of a Z-MAIN driver but the track I was at didnt resort so he was stuck with me.

I also race with quite a few b-team drivers of various companies and they also have been very helpfull. Of course there will be some bad apples but all in all my experience differs greatly from yours.

To get back on topic +1 on the thought of it being ok for a sponsored driver to ask a question on the boards, assuming he tried his sponsorer first as I am sure the sponsorer would want the chance to help. I just wish I had a answer to your question.

Last edited by blowpopracer; 06-26-2008 at 03:58 PM. Reason: oooooppps
Old 06-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Oh and now that my rant is started let me end with this Statement. I'll never buy or support a product if they have aholes representing them. Adam Drake, nice guy Truhe, nice guy and some locals I know. If your sponsored you should be nice to everyone you meet. Your selling a product and anybody in their right mind wouldn't buy a product if a sponsor's a douche. I'll never buy a Jammin product. Sponorships better think hard on who is selling their products. Is it someone who understands business or just some punk that's fast
Old 06-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by blowpopracer
If I experienced that I would be sure to let the company (in this example jammin) know. Almost all of the sponsored drivers I know are really nice and friendly. Just 2 name a couple.... James Tebo very friendly guy and willing to give straight/honest advice, also Matt Gosh very friendly guy. I didnt talk too much with him but he seemed very friendly, especially since the reason I talked to him was to appologize for spinning him out. I shouldnt have even been in the same heat as him as I am more of a Z-MAIN driver but the track I was at didnt resort so he was stuck with me.

I also race with quite a few b-team drivers of various companies and they also have been very helpfull. Of course there will be some bad apples but all in all my experience differs greatly from yours.

To get back on topic +1 on the thought of it being ok for a sponsored driver to ask a question on the boards, assuming he tried his sponsorer first as I am sure the sponsorer would want the chance to help. I just wish I had a answer to your question.
Most of the sponsored people I know are definitely nice guys and are able to help on the products their are sponsored by.

BTW who's James Tebo?
Old 06-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Angry

Honestly he's a great tuner, and excellent driver, and a wonderful sponsored driver who speaks highly of all his companies. He has asked Werks for some advice. They mentioned something about a glow plug being too short.
He's won money, trophies, and would like to have his engine run longer to give him a fair shot at winning. I've seen him run a worn out V-spec getting 5 minutes and still win even though everyone else was getting 8 to 10. He started off racing 10th scale so he learned how to drive before he jumped to buggy and he's been unstoppable since.
Say what you want but i know plenty of people who will put thier money on him any day.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bgbelden
Honestly he's a great tuner, and excellent driver, and a wonderful sponsored driver who speaks highly of all his companies. He has asked Werks for some advice. They mentioned something about a glow plug being too short.
He's won money, trophies, and would like to have his engine run longer to give him a fair shot at winning. I've seen him run a worn out V-spec getting 5 minutes and still win even though everyone else was getting 8 to 10. He started off racing 10th scale so he learned how to drive before he jumped to buggy and he's been unstoppable since.
Say what you want but i know plenty of people who will put thier money on him any day.
who? but coty is good kid and he is a good example of a sponsored driver he is always helpfull to others but i dont agree with his reply a few post up but i would also go to the forum and ask a question about somthing if i had one and i would expect to get a reply from some of the guys who have a clue not just some kid who wonts to be a computer tough guy.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Well i've only met Andrew Smolnik & Gene Hickerson from Team CEN, and they were pretty cool dudes and i got a free part i broke even though they were selling stuff at the race.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yea check for if theres any air leaks
Old 06-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Steve Walters
You guyz are just plain RUDE!! There nothing wrong asking questions and being a sponsored driver. There are many reasons there are sponsored drivers besides being a world champ. One is being helpful and friendly when people ask questions on the web and at the track. Biggest thing is not being a prick when someone ask for help...
I don't know about that. Being a sponsored driver and not using your best available resourse shows little belief in your factory, and coming onto a public forum suggesting you don't know something pretty basic is embarrassing for the company as well. Bragging about being a sponsored driver and reacting so smartassedly to a legitimate query, I know I was curious about it too, seems out of character for what's expected behavior of a pro.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by oldschoolracer
I don't know about that. Being a sponsored driver and not using your best available resourse shows little belief in your factory, and coming onto a public forum suggesting you don't know something pretty basic is embarrassing for the company as well. Bragging about being a sponsored driver and reacting so smartassedly to a legitimate query, I know I was curious about it too, seems out of character for what's expected behavior of a pro.
Did you miss where i said he's been on the phone with Werks and they said they all get 10 minutes on thier mills and told him to change the plug to a longer one. I've asked my LHS owner whose very R/C savvy a question and then came on here and asked the same thing just to get more ideas on how to solve my problem.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bgbelden
Did you miss where i said he's been on the phone with Werks
You said it...not him. So hence there was a bit of speculation. His delivery was not very forth coming and then turned out to be more righteous than anything.

To be honest I could really care a less. Hope you find your answer rc31cli...and don't take any of the coments personally. ;-)
Old 06-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SUNA
Most of the sponsored people I know are definitely nice guys and are able to help on the products their are sponsored by.

BTW who's James Tebo?
OOOOPS. I was thinking of Jared Tebo and Taylor James and kind of ran em together. My bad and thanks for not beating on me too bad about it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.