R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-26-2008, 05:13 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

there is always someone who will no more than you so sponsored are not ask questions. my 2 cents.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:27 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPowers View Post
there is always someone who will no more than you so sponsored are not ask questions. my 2 cents.
Very, very true. There was no need to even start this thread by saying " I'm sponsored by werks" who cares. Just asking the question about the mill would have been plenty of info.
jgtruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:42 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

I don't know about your specific problem, but let's try to narrow it down. What are you temping? Is the motor boggy or crisp when cold? How long will it idle before it loads up? Do you have a decent trail of smoke after it is up to temp, or is it lean? What plug are you running? What pipe? Do you have to idle it pretty high to get it to idle? (conrod bushing?)
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:11 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
I don't know about your specific problem, but let's try to narrow it down. What are you temping? Is the motor boggy or crisp when cold? How long will it idle before it loads up? Do you have a decent trail of smoke after it is up to temp, or is it lean? What plug are you running? What pipe? Do you have to idle it pretty high to get it to idle? (conrod bushing?)
I don't want to speak for him but he's running 25% Werks fuel, Werks exhaust, and when i helped him practice i didn't see any smoke. I believe he was running hot but he says 220 degrees. At one point after about 4-5 minutes it bogged terrible for 1/2 a lap before running ok again. He borrowed a Nova' carb and is gettingalmost 6 1/2 to 7 minutes.
bgbelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbelden View Post
I don't want to speak for him but he's running 25% Werks fuel, Werks exhaust, and when i helped him practice i didn't see any smoke. I believe he was running hot but he says 220 degrees. At one point after about 4-5 minutes it bogged terrible for 1/2 a lap before running ok again. He borrowed a Nova' carb and is gettingalmost 6 1/2 to 7 minutes.
Hmmm... ok, that sounds like a carb problem... maybe not sealed well...
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:09 PM   #36
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Amazing how a nova carb can cure so many engine woes.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:30 PM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Amazing how a nova carb can cure so many engine woes.
That's why he tried it and it ran better for sure.
bgbelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:56 PM   #38
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc31cli View Post
iam a werks driver been with them for about a month and half now but iam having problems with the bottom end bogging and it doesnt get good gas milaega at all. any suggestions!!!!
Hey, My friends and I ALL went threw the werks PAIN. The engines will NEVER get good fuel economy. The engines have WAY to much timing! That's why they load up on a tight track or in the infeild. As far as you having no bottom
it prob a air leak or just the tune. You should always use Lucky 7 engine sealent, to seal up your engine around the outside of the carb base & HS needle Overall IMHO they are just not the best engines if your a competitive racer. If you want to try a GREAT engine and be a sponsored driver, try sending your resume to eb@TeamTrinity.com
The new EX Tech is one of the best engines I've ever owned! Good Luck!

Last edited by jpalessi; 06-26-2008 at 10:12 PM.
jpalessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:48 AM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Last time I say it, AIR LEAKS!!!!!
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:49 AM   #40
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbelden View Post
That's why he tried it and it ran better for sure.
I just got the p5xs. I am sold on nova's from now on. A local fast NICE guy helped me with my GO that was leaking from the carb He gave me a nova carb and then said change your headache and get a Nova. Well I have and life is much easier on the track.

Thanks Monty
jgtruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:21 AM   #41
Tech Rookie

I have never met a top sponsored driver who has refused to help. There are many personality types out there, shy, outgoing, talkative, etc. The Kyosho guys are very helpful regardless of what you are running. Levi Jackson, Jimmy Wright, Gil Losi on and on. Rob Bender (Hyper Team) will help anyone anywhere regardless of what you are running. Losi guys the same way, just ask. Moto from Ultimate always there to help. Honestly whenever I am having an issue there is always someone there to help, new tank , tuning, plugs. Most drivers ,sponsored or not, will help except maybe at a big race when they are trying to sort out there own issues and yes even the big guys have problems that sometimes they cannot figure out. Case in point Ryan Lutz at the Nats with a radio problem....really a bad break for him but was a class act even after the frustration of a faulty radio in the A main.

I own a hobby shop but , help many customers gratis but cannot know everything. So ask away and keep learning.
HighPowerHobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:06 AM   #42
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtruggy View Post
DUDE, I'm sooo cool cause I'm sponsored. I bet you knew somebody that new somebody to get all those sponsors. I usually don't bash but I'm feeling surly today. If your sponsored you better know how to tune your mill period.
So Should, OH say Jeff Gordon be an expert painter because of Dupont? Should Tony Stewart be an expert builder because of Home depot?? LOL... I tend to think most drivers in any sport are sponsored for there driving ability's and not motor tunning ability's. Not that it wouldn't help being an expert at it for yourself. Your rude remarks fired me up jgtruggy. I can tell your a guy to turn to at the track for advice.
MonkeyWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:36 AM   #43
Tech Apprentice

did anyone give him a stright answer if they did i missed it could not tell through all the bs
garys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #44
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

What humidity are you running in? I run the long plugs in high humidity.
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:58 AM   #45
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default ok

yes they are rude and iam not a amurature tuner i have ran alot of other motors and never had this problem. i know alot but i was just wanting to know if anyone besides me had this problem and had any tips. i dont have any air leaks and im not forsure what the humidity is around here if it helps im in georgia and to be honest i found that the b7 was a easier engine to tune than the b3. after racing this past weekened i figured out how to tune the engine took about a bottle of gas but i got it and if anyone wants to buy my b3 it is the new o8 spec with ceramics and i think it already comes modded . it has about 1 1/2 to 2 gallons on it. i would take 110 shiped and i have the werks 2013 pipe to for 25 shiped. thanks for trying to help to the one that tred to help me.
rc31cli is offline   Reply With Quote