Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dream -- Video

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

Default Dream -- Video

Actually this one has a little of everything. Its a celebration of sorts. 6 months ago I quit smoking and in two days it will be 6 mo since I had my bypass. Reflecting on all this while I searched for some more music for my videos I had the idea for this one. Its not your everyday R/C video hope you like it.

Embedded
www.promofo-racing.org/Dream.html

Download
www.promofo-racing.org/video/Specials/Dream1.wmv

Griz

Last edited by griz11; 07-16-2008 at 04:54 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Very awesome video, it put me in a trance while watching. So relaxing. Keep up the fight and stay well.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What can I say but WOW. Some of your best work yet Griz! Hey, congrats on the no smoking thing and on your bypass 6 month anniversary.

If you ever in South Florida with your video gear, please look me up. It would be great to have you film our Satuday night races. I would love to see my car in some of that slo-mo with a back drop of some awesome music. By the way, excellent choice on the music track!

Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Sweet Video my friend! Keep up with good health.
I kind of fell in a trance as well.....I think its the music.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Im gonna wait for the Download version to see it in All its glory.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:11 AM
Tech Addict

Default I'm feeling pretty decent these days

I'm glad you liked it. I had a blast putting it together. I was out looking for new music today and this tune just grabbed me. I had to do something with it. I read somewhere that a true test of someone that works with this medium is that they can create a mood with music and visuals. Dream is my attempt to do that and for a first attempt I got real close. I love to surprise myself and this one did it to me big time.

I've thought about it many times and I cannot figure out where this comes from. It just flows out of me so naturally its almost effortless. Not always but when it does its an experience you want over and over again.

It defies trying to package up and save so I get the same quality each time. I've learned to settle for those times when it does come together. You can't rush fine wine. I guess you can't rush things creative either. At least I can't.

Its so cool when one does come together perfectly. Makes my whole week. And I believe that the happier I am and the more fulfilled I feel about my life situation the better off I am. Better able to cope with anything life might throw my way. Such a simple thing to bring so many benefits to me.

Griz

Last edited by griz11; 06-25-2008 at 05:21 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What's the plugin needed for the web version? I get the dreaded red x.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:20 AM
Tech Addict

Default Its a wmv so active-x

Active-x is usually the problem when you can't play them. Or a codec problem. I use the standard Msoft V9 codecs to make them so they are supposed to be compatible with any of microsoft's players.

Try these steps.
1. Use the download link in the Play Url box accessed via the file menu. Be sure and have http:// in front of the url or it won't work.
2. If that works then put promofo-racing.org in your trusted sites. See if this fixes the problem.
3. Sometimes a bar will appear at the top of your browser window. If you see that do what it says to allow active-x controls to use the embed or download the file if you don't want to turn on active-x. Some scumbags use it to attack computers so some users don't want it on period so I make the download available to get around that. That way people can scan it for virus etc. Can't be too careful these days.
4. Usually I have them both ready and on the server at the same time. Yesterday I was trying something new. Supersampling 6x on everything instead of just the slo mo parts. That made it take 6 times as long to encode and that caught me off guard. But the results were great. The places where I fuzzed up the image to get the dreamy quality are very good no sharp edges in the gradient.

I'm really only familiar with firefox but if this still doesn't get you fixed up search on active-x problems for your browser and you should find plenty of articles helping you with specifics on a certain browser.

Griz
Old 06-25-2008, 05:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

nice video i really liked the slow-mo bits, music was a nice touch to it

Last edited by busta774; 02-22-2009 at 04:19 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

wow very nice!

i hope i can download this video. i really like to convert this to 3gp and put it on my phone.

Can i?
Old 06-25-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

Awesome video! Very well produced and great camera work.

You should consider making a documentary on the RC Racing scene covering the Pro’s and Sportsmen type drivers and national/world races as well as club racing then sell it. I’d buy it.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

VERY NICE
Old 06-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Don Duct
Awesome video! Very well produced and great camera work.

You should consider making a documentary on the RC Racing scene covering the Pro’s and Sportsmen type drivers and national/world races as well as club racing then sell it. I’d buy it.
Griz if you can drive half as good as you make these videos I hope I never have to race you. I would also buy your videos. Just look at the mountain biking scene, there is a huge market for extreme videos. You could do the same thing for RC.

Congrats on your anniversary!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default soothing

Great work Griz. Keeps the heart rate down and the blood preasure in check.
Hope you are doing well.

Thanks,
Neil
Bypass "5"
Old 06-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Addict

Default I can't quit watching it myself

Ahh the wife has gone to the store I can watch it again without getting dagger looks from her j/k but I have a feeling I'm getting close. Now that I've gotten that out of my system I have this set of tapes from the Dallas stop of the Texas Invite Series to do. And if memory serves I shot those to edit into full race vids. I'm so far behind I don't trust my memory so I'll have to capture them and look. Then I'll be caught up and its a good thing because there are some big races coming up and now that I'm feeling good again I want to get them on tape.

Another thing coming up is the drag boat races here in Marble Falls. I have permission from the city to check that all out. Its 3 days so I can get lots of tape and stay out of the heat of the day. Might end up shooting some drag boats in San Angelo this weekend if things work out.

Yea I've thought about trying to make DVD's and all that. Then someone told me about these companies that work like cafexpress for t-shirts. Looked into one and the paperwork alone to establish copyrights and to make sure you were licenced for the music etc was unreal.

Once you start making money then you have to tailor them to make money. I'd rather just do what I'm doing now. The only thing I wish is that internet technology was advanced enough to allow the uncompressed .avi files to be put up. They are awesome but huge. For instance the Dream.avi file is 6Gig. I don't interleave or compress when I make these files. They are for making into DVD later so you don't want them touched by a compressor in any way. These are the ones I watch they are the highest quality you can get with Mini DV camera systems. One nice thing about mini-DV is any of them can read a tape from one of my cameras. Sometimes I dub some vids onto tape and give them to people. They can capture or plug them into their TV and watch them that way. It would be so cool if everyone could see those. You'd swear you were there in some parts of them.

One of the guys at undergroundrc.com a very nice R/C video site told me to check into h.264 so I've been playing around with that as well. At least with the quad core renders take so little time I can do lots of them to check out different formats. No doubt about it this HP box is great for video editing. I haven't had a single glitch with Vista x-64 video editing and very few at all. Having all that ram available really makes it fly.

There are programs out there that you can use to put the downloadable files on a dvd. There are people out there doing it. One guy in particular I always think of because if he turns them on his little girl will watch them and not make a sound for as long as they are playing.
I'd probably be doing this stuff even if you couldn't put it on the net. I remember my dad splicing 8mm film when I was a little kid. And this is the same thing only on steroids. He wasn't very good at it though I remember lots of boring weekend evenings watching them. But they didn't even have crappy sound all you heard was the clicking and whirring of the projector. Things have sure come a long way.

Griz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.