Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AXE ROSSI COBRA X1 EVO ENGINE

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? AXE ROSSI COBRA X1 EVO ENGINE

Hello.I bought this axe rossi engine a month ago.When I started the break in process(official axe rossi guide) I noticed that the front bearing was leeking.Just after the first tank.So I bought a new and I changed it.WHEN I STRIPPED DOWN THE ENGINE I NOTICED THREE THINGS:1)THERE WASN’T SIX SCREWS IN THE COOLING HEAD,I FOUND ONLY FIVE.ONE WAS MISSING,2)THERE WASN’T ANY COPPER GASKET HEAD SHIM UNDER THE GLOW PLUG HEAD,3)THE PISTON HAD SOME VERTICAL HAIR LINES ON THE SURFACE WHICH CONTACTS WITH THE SLEEVE(VERY STRANGE FOR AN ENGINE WHICH HAS RUN ONLY ONE TANK).AND OF COURSE IF YOU CONSIDER THE LEAK OF FRONT BEARING IS THERE A CHANCE THAT THIS MOTOR IS A FAULTY ONE?

WHAT DO YOU THINK?HAS ANYONE THE SAME ENGINE?
Old 04-29-2008, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

when you say it has a leaking front bearing i know when you are breaking in a motor and you idle it at a rich setting some times the fuel will go out the front bearing, and isnt that motor a turbo plug i dont think it uses a copper gasket and i know the AXE Rossui engine line is very tight so you need to heat the motor up before you even run it. i would for the first 10-15 tanks.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Talking turbo

i think the evo is turbo head only, But definetly heat the motor up befor starting for the first few tanks! they are mega tight from the begining!!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions??

IT IS TURBO HEAD.IT HAS A COPPER GASKET UNDER THE TURBO HEAD JUST BEFORE THE SLEEVE.IT IS IN THE EXPOSO DRAWING(No9).I DIDN'T HEAT UP THE ENGINE.NOBODY TOLD ME.AFTER THE FIRST TANK I NOTICED SOME OIL DROPS ON THE FLYWHEEL AND ON THE STARTER BOX.BUT AFTER 8 TANKS I FINISHED FOR THAT DAY AND I PUT SOME AFTER RUN OIL.THE NEXT DAY THE OIL HAD RUN OUT OF THE ENGINE ALL OVER THE CHASSIS.THAT'S WHY I CHANGED FRONT BEARING.
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE PISTON?
Old 04-29-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Sad to pay for a messed up engine should have a manufactures warranty on it.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Rookie

IT HAS 3 YEARS.BUT TO WHOM SHOULD I CONTACT?
I CONTACTED THE SHOP WHICH I BOUGHT THE ENGINE AND SEND ME A FRONT BEARING.SHOULD I CONTACT TO AXE ROSSI?
SO YOU THINK IT IS A FAULTY ENGINE?
Old 04-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

If the engine was new sealed and the front bearing was leaking and it was missing headbolts I would have sent it back.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

You contact the person you bought it from get a receipt and find the distributor of the engine from where ever your from.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I would say send that engine back. Who ever had that engine must have messed with it. If its missing an head bolt, something is wrong. How many shims did it have? It should had two .20mm shims between the head button and the sleeve. If not, someone opened up that engine.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm very happy with Axe Rossi engine's performance and their service.
I had to fix my engine which was still under manufacturers warranty.
After sending the engine to Italy, they fixed it for free (new engine except the cooling head and carb).

Just contact your supplier or the distributor:

http://shop.vendio.com/RossiEnginesUSA/home.html

Good luck!!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Rookie

ezveedub it had no shims.nothing.Just the head touching the sleeve.
How will I send it back.I finished the break in process.And I have changed the front bearing.I don't know what to do.I just sent an email to axe rossi italy explaining all these.I 'll wait.Thank you all
Old 04-29-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Was this supposed to be new? Who did you get it from? If I'm not mistaken, it will have to go back to Italy, as I think the US vendor doesn't handle any repairs.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Tech Rookie

It was new but no seal on the box.Another friend of mine who bought the same engine it had no seal on the box too.It seemed new but I didn't open the engine so I didn't realise all these things from the beginning.I am waiting an answer from Italy.But if I sent the motor there they will see that I've changed the bearing,won't they?
I don't know what to do.Maybe I'll buy a new one.I like this engine

Last edited by deeph; 05-18-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

I would explain to them what you found and who it was purchased from. It is supposed to have shims, and it appears someone took them out and also left out the bolt. Also, I never seen a seal on the box of any of my Axe Rossi engines, but I always take all my new engines apart for inspection. Also, was the original front bearing double sealed or one seal only on the front of the engine? The newer engines come double sealed and also the carb is 2 screw, not 3 screw mixture adjustment.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by deeph
Hello.I bought this axe rossi engine a month ago.When I started the break in process(official axe rossi guide) I noticed that the front bearing was leeking.Just after the first tank.So I bought a new and I changed it.WHEN I STRIPPED DOWN THE ENGINE I NOTICED THREE THINGS:1)THERE WASN’T SIX SCREWS IN THE COOLING HEAD,I FOUND ONLY FIVE.ONE WAS MISSING,2)THERE WASN’T ANY COPPER GASKET HEAD SHIM UNDER THE GLOW PLUG HEAD,3)THE PISTON HAD SOME VERTICAL HAIR LINES ON THE SURFACE WHICH CONTACTS WITH THE SLEEVE(VERY STRANGE FOR AN ENGINE WHICH HAS RUN ONLY ONE TANK).AND OF COURSE IF YOU CONSIDER THE LEAK OF FRONT BEARING IS THERE A CHANCE THAT THIS MOTOR IS A FAULTY ONE?

WHAT DO YOU THINK?HAS ANYONE THE SAME ENGINE?
Take it back, get a replacement, your not the only one to have this happen. I bought this engine and had the exact same thing happen, verticle gouging on the piston and liner after only a litre. The guy i got it off new im maticulas with my engines and just replaced it straight up, then i heard that he wasnt goin to get warranty for that engine cause the distributor was saying that somethign got into the engine and it was my fault, I DONT THINK SO BUD!!!!! Axe have some serious QC issues with the evo i think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.