R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-20-2008, 11:18 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Engine selection help needed!! ASAP

I'm in the process of building a Kyosho WC and need a motor for it. I'm currently running a Kyosho ST-RR with an OS .28 and want my new buggy engine to have the same feel as my OS .28XZ does. So let's say money no object ($500.00 MAX) I want something that will last, have tons of bottom end like my 28 and go like a bat out of hell. Something that most people would call too much. lol

Here is what I have come up with so far..... If anyone has any other ideas please feel free to ring in. Also I would like to stay away from "modded" engines. These are all avail from Amain if you want to view the specs.

1. Sirio S21 CL7B STI Tuned "Long Stroke" Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine (Ceramic Bearing)
2. RB Concept C6-BBT II L2G Off-Road Competition Engine w/2045 Tuned Pipe (Turbo Plug)
3. Werks Racing B7 Pro .21 Team Line Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine (08 Spec)

4. Don't know much about Novarossi other then they are suppose to be very good but have no specific model in mind.

If someone could help me pick the RIGHT mill for me it would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Strosek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:33 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Apparently the Sirio STI is the most powerful .21 available atm. Sounds like it's right up your alley.
Furadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:10 AM   #3
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

#1 RB C6 with the 2045 pipe

Easy money there! Hands down the BADDEST .21 I have ever had! Power from bottom to the moon and super smooth doing it! Excellent motor and if you tune it right, it will last a long time too!

Its what I have right now and it can be a handfull at times!

#2 Novarossi P5

You just cant beat a P5...
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:54 AM   #4
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

NO .21 is gonna feel like your OS .28.....it just not possible....Ive tried almost every .21 u can think modded or not and most of em are pretty soft in a truggy compared to a .28...maby look at something like a .24 or .25 maby....just a thought.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:29 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

Hands down the Trinity EX Tech 21 with a 2013 pipe... Has more bottom end then all 3 of the engines you listed above and also gets better run time. If you get the 21 EX Tech EB Mods "Race Preped" one, it's ready to drop in and race. No break in needed!
Old 06-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

+1 on the rb c6 l2g. That engine seems to be very powerful in truggy, A fellow racer has one in is mbx5t and it rips, and you get the rb reliablity. I have a s7 l2g in my buggy, and it has yet to flame out and it is more engine than I need and it still has tons of pinch after a gallon so far
Old 06-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I would have to say for the best bang for the buck as far as flat out power and reliabilty would have to be the RB C6BB. I have not tried the new sirio's or ex-tech's so I have no idea what they do but I did do a few C6's last year and they push a buggy around like a modded .28 pushes a truggy. Another good motor was the Picco P7 Evo but I definately thought the C6 had a little better performance with better longevity. My sponsored guys were getting over 12 gallons of life with 10 minutes of run time per tank on their turboed C6's and they were borderline undrivable for most people. There are going to be alot of good motors out there that will get the job done but a nicely modded motor is what you would be after regardless of brand.
PowerHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #8
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

C6
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:46 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Thumbs up This is what I would go with....

Go with the new RB C6 BB II L2G. With the RB 2045 pipe you can run the 192mm or 198mm header to make unbelievable power and run time. It will go 10+ gallons at 10+ minutes per tank.
The Sirio is good but not quite as refined or easy to tune as the RB. Not sure about longivity.
Another good one is the new GRP .21. I have broke in a couple of these for guys at our local track and they seem to be world class. If fit and finish tell you anything.... they are the real deal.
My 2 cents.
TEX
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #10
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerHouse View Post
I would have to say for the best bang for the buck as far as flat out power and reliabilty would have to be the RB C6BB. I have not tried the new sirio's or ex-tech's so I have no idea what they do but I did do a few C6's last year and they push a buggy around like a modded .28 pushes a truggy. Another good motor was the Picco P7 Evo but I definately thought the C6 had a little better performance with better longevity. My sponsored guys were getting over 12 gallons of life with 10 minutes of run time per tank on their turboed C6's and they were borderline undrivable for most people. There are going to be alot of good motors out there that will get the job done but a nicely modded motor is what you would be after regardless of brand.

I only was happy with the C6 once I equalized all the exhaust port timings.... before that I found stock vs stock Picco has more juice....... But once that center port on the C6 is brought up to time the motor becomes quite potent...
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:13 PM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

The C6 definately needs the exhaust port raised quite abit. If left stock, it runs ok but I can definately say there are some stock motors out there that run as good or better than it in stock trim and the Picco P7 is definately one of them. But once I race ported them, there wasn't a stock .21 that was in the same area code.
PowerHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:27 PM   #12
Tech Rookie

Just picked up the new RB C6!! Very happy about my decision. I'll post what I think about it when it arrives. Thanks to everyone who took the time to post replys.

Cheers!!
Strosek is offline   Reply With Quote