Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Has anyone ever thought about using zMAX? >

Has anyone ever thought about using zMAX?

Has anyone ever thought about using zMAX?

Old 06-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well, if the FTC is right, you could save yourself some money by pouring mineral oil in your tank instead of spending all that money on Zmax.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by wingracer
Well, if the FTC is right, you could save yourself some money by pouring mineral oil in your tank instead of spending all that money on Zmax.
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/02/zmax1.shtm

agreed
Old 06-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldschoolracer
Honestly, all you've done is show that buying two motors off the shelf - along with running them irregularly - one can come with two entirely different long term test results.

And the fact of the matter is that ANYONE that's been involved in this hobby long enough, whether it be electric or nitro, will tell you the exact same sort of results using the exact same fuel and everything else - WHILE USING NO ZMAX OR ANY OTHER ADDITIVE.

So you "proved" nothing.

sorry

And while I don't think anyone came into this thread looking to bash anything, they did as a result of some people coming into this thread stating things as fact that weren't proven or substantiated by anything other than "I saw it on TV" or "I did this with my grandpa so it has to be true"..........

so your calling me a lier more or less. and you say i tested my motor irregularly. how in the hell do you know how i tested my motor i told you nothing on how i tested them. i just told you that i did and it worked. i could give to craps if you believe me or not but when i have done it and PROVED it myself thats all that matters. trying to give some of you lame asses a break on the better fuel mileage and longer motor life and then you flush it away. all it proves is that your afraid to try something different and afraid that it might actually work. i could care less about what some FTC or whatever its called could say about some zmaxx being illegal or whatever that want to say about it. its not stopping me from using it. so believe whatever the hell you want.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Tech Addict

No, I don't think he is calling you a liar. I don't think anybody in this thread is being called a liar. What is being pointed out is very simple.

To prove somehting it must be repeatable. A 2 engine test does not prove anything. Perfect example, I have had identical OS engines live for 2 gallons and for 8 gallons and others go in between these numbers. Same fuel, same conditions. All in proves is there is a spread of gallons you are going to get off an off the shelf engine.

Ed M.

BTW, thank you for your service to the country.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

i understans what you are saying i really do. but for someone to tell me it doesnt work though when it clearly has worked that calling me a lair. you my look at it differently then i do but thats how i see it. i haev done it i have seen it and it is still working. Im a basher and i run my motor hard as hell when ever i have the chace to. lately that hasnt been much but when i am still running the same motor 2 years later with no rebuild no after run oil just blue thunder and zmaxx in the tank i have to say thats pretty damn good. my motor even is slightly modded as well.

most people by now would have either rebuild or replaced their motor already. me personally i feel that me and the origanal poster of this thread is getting bashed because of something he wants to try and hasnt tried, and just wants to know if someone has tried it. and i come along and say i have then thats when the shyt hits the fan. its almost like "wtf its actually been done, no way, theres no way" thats what im getting out of it. if you dont believe it dont bash it until you have tried it. thats my moto when it comes to this stuff.

Also on the lighter side thank you for your support. It is muchly appriciated!!
Old 06-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Exclamation DIESEL FUEL

Originally Posted by bentgear
Lets see, now what kind of BS have we learned in this thread. One test of anything in an uncontrolled environment is enuff to prove it works. Simple testing of something as complicated as a engine proves if something works. Nitro/Alcohol/Oil based fuel burns with a low heat, must be, it burns clear. Diesel fuel does not burn.

Ed M.
hmmm i beg to difer on the fact that diesel fuel does not burn ,a few years back i was parked next to a truck that caught on fire from the cab ,when the fuel got to a certain heat point and the flames melted the aluminum tanks ..... instant boom there went a $100,000 dollar truck down the drain ,it was a show truck with 2 150 gallon tanks so the boom was big i got my truck out of the area b4 the boom
Old 06-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Most any country boy has pulled diesel out of the tractor to set a brush pile on fire. Splash a little on the brush, make a small trail of diesel away from it and light it with a match. Watch it burn all the way to the brush pile and start the pile burning. If no grown ups were around generally the trail would be ommitted and the match thrown straight on the pile. (Always use a trail if you substitute gasoline.)

What you witnessed was hot diesel fuel, heated from the fire that was already burning the truck. Its called a bleve. Go look it up. I have had the displeasure of watching entire truck loads of diesel and gasoline at accident sites burn the trailers starting at the top and melting the metal at the liguid line as the level lowered. Only leaves the subframe and the tandem axles. no explosion, just a controlled burn.

Ed M.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dieseldog20
so your calling me a lier more or less. and you say i tested my motor irregularly. how in the hell do you know how i tested my motor i told you nothing on how i tested them. i just told you that i did and it worked. i could give to craps if you believe me or not but when i have done it and PROVED it myself thats all that matters. trying to give some of you lame asses a break on the better fuel mileage and longer motor life and then you flush it away. all it proves is that your afraid to try something different and afraid that it might actually work. i could care less about what some FTC or whatever its called could say about some zmaxx being illegal or whatever that want to say about it. its not stopping me from using it. so believe whatever the hell you want.
You really need to get ahold of yourself and your temper, and maybe work on the ol' reading skills, because no one called you a liar - though you seem intent on blasting anyone that doesn't agree with your so-called test methods. The simple fact that you "proved" it to yourself is NOT proof in the bigger scheme of reality and real-world, multi-testing under controlled conditions. You could have simply said, "hey it works for me" - but instead you went into a long drawn out story that proved nothing and shows you diminutive your knowledge on nitro engines, and their longevity or lack their of, how they work, or how one compares to another.

If you want to go as far as saying the independent testing that resulted in proving that zmax's claims were unfounded, and that they misused and misappropriated information contained in those reports and then misreported those facts to the American public - then you need to take it up with the FTC and it's scientific community and engineers that'd guess have WAY more technical expertise than yourself.
Because if there was anybody calling anyone else a liar, I think it was you calling them!

And just so you know, the FTC (or Federal Trade Commission) is a federal agency whose job is to protect the American buying public from false products, and false promises of companies, and to keep those products from being sold on the U.S. market - and thus to protect us from snake oil salesmen plying their wares on an unsuspecting public.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

if it works for you use it, if it doesnt float your boat dont use it

another cracking thread on rctech

forgot to put in the only thing that interests me from all of dieseldogs posts is the fact he has run his engine for 2 years with long periods of lay up with no after run oil and the engine still runs, if this is in fact true and no after run oil was used then this stuff is a miracle as all of you who have posted in here cannot deny that the internals would of rusted to crap after those long periods of lay up, food for thought
Old 06-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

you know what im not even going to waste my time with you guys anymore. i wasnt calling anyone a liar. i just dont care what the FTC says about the stuff. i know it works so thats proof enough for me. and if you dont think diesel fuel is combustable them might as well turn your diesel trucks back into the dealership because they are worthless. when you pressurize diesel fuel and heat it to a substantial heat level then it will explode. that why they use the pressure releaf fuel caps now so when a fuel tank gets heat the fumes have a place to go and not explode the tank.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

1. I don't recall anyone saying diesel isn't combustable. You are the one saying it isn't flammable.

2. Lighten up dude.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:54 PM

Wow so this is what happens when I am gone for a day! WOW ok guys everyone calm down! First thing, that lawsuit is from Februrary 1, 2001 That is more than 7 years ago... lol obviously zMAX won or somethin otherwise they would be out of buisness right now. I am going to go ahead and do some testing in order to put this to rest wrong or right... I feel dumb for starting this thread cause so far it has just caused trouble. I will post results and pics tomorrow!
Old 06-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by wingracer
1. I don't recall anyone saying diesel isn't combustable. You are the one saying it isn't flammable.

2. Lighten up dude.
+1

I hear stories of a lot of companies that the FTC investigates, but far fewer they actually take to court (usually not a good sign for a company's long-term health or future business dealings).
Old 06-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by lanerbrainer205
Wow so this is what happens when I am gone for a day! WOW ok guys everyone calm down! First thing, that lawsuit is from Februrary 1, 2001 That is more than 7 years ago... lol obviously zMAX won or somethin otherwise they would be out of buisness right now. I am going to go ahead and do some testing in order to put this to rest wrong or right... I feel dumb for starting this thread cause so far it has just caused trouble. I will post results and pics tomorrow!
http://www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/00232...tip0023256.pdf

Follow the links ---- zmax officials agreed to settle the case in 2002 for $1,000,000 (to be applied to customer refunds), along with agreeing not to use their previous "evidence" to support future claims, and basically to stay out of the snake oil business for 5 years. And thus it appears they've now come up with their own new actors, etc., and got under the 5-year statue of reporting to the court, and are now making similar claims again.

Sickening
Old 06-21-2008, 07:20 PM

Wow, ouch i am still trying it though... I am curious.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.