Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Has anyone ever thought about using zMAX? >

Has anyone ever thought about using zMAX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone ever thought about using zMAX?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by oldschoolracer
Well, let's see........ a company makes a product developed to use in the crankcase to mix with the motor oil, and RC engines use no motor oil; they have another product that is to be used with 2-stroke engines, but not ones that run off a nitromethane fuel/oil mix. Now I want to use this because ol' Carol Shelby says so, though he's never raced RC cars, and because the company's been around 60 years.

I've got one for ya, they say "Milk does the body good" - so it oughta be good for running down your body shell before you run your car next time. Aw hell, just dump a couple of capfulls in the tank, it's gotta work.
ONCE AGAIN I DONT GIVE A FLIP WHAT CAROL SHELBY SAYS I WAS BEING SARCASTIC! You for one should understand sarcasm its in your freakin avatar. RC engines use no motor oil? Are you a tard? So are you trying to say that two-stroke motors don't use motor oil... wow, if you didnt already know the oil is already mixed in and thats why you have to mix the fuel in two-stroke weedeaters, chainsaws, dirtbike, etc. dee dee dee Also there are SEVERAL types of this stuff and all of it is not designed to go just into the oil, some of it is designed to go into the fuel. So I am just wondering, have you tried it? Do you know what will happen? lol Do you know if Carol Shelby has ever raced RC cars? Do you have a degree in mechanical and chemical engineering to actually know what you are talking about? zMAX is made to lubricate beyond what regular motor oil does, it soaks into metal 100x more, this creates less friction which equals less work to push the piston up and down and if this is easier the piston can go up and down faster therefore creating more power. Also it disolves the carbon build up and therefore keeps the motor and fuel mixture cleaner resulting in a cleaner burn which improves fuel mileage... As Kelso off of That 70s Show would say BURN! well that is if the zMAX company say it is ok to use it in Nitromethane-alcohol based fuel

But seriously in theory this should work. Besides even if it doesnt it is just an experiment I want to do that I thought I should share with you guys, i didnt know it would cause people to become rude...
Old 06-18-2008, 07:31 PM

Ghettoteacher what is slick 50???
Old 06-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

SLick 50 .......link http://www.slick50.com/products/AdvFormulaEngineTrt.htm
Old 06-18-2008, 08:00 PM

so you use it like an after run oil? that would last a lot longer than what we use.

oldschoolracer... I was looking at your other posts and on several occasions you are just bashing people, IVE GOT ONE FOR YA "If you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all"
Old 06-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by lanerbrainer205
ONCE AGAIN I DONT GIVE A FLIP WHAT CAROL SHELBY SAYS I WAS BEING SARCASTIC! You for one should understand sarcasm its in your freakin avatar. RC engines use no motor oil? Are you a tard? ...................But seriously in theory this should work. Besides even if it doesnt it is just an experiment I want to do that I thought I should share with you guys, i didnt know it would cause people to become rude...
Well, in theory you MUST be a tard....... for contemplating it for more than half a second, and a bigger one for asking here - unless, of course, you were smoking crack when you asked.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by lanerbrainer205
oldschoolracer... I was looking at your other posts and on several occasions you are just bashing people, IVE GOT ONE FOR YA "If you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all"
lamebrainer... I was looking at your other posts and on several occasions you keep insisting on asking stupid questions, IVE GOT ONE FOR YA "If you cant ask anything but something stupid, and don't want to get bashed for it, how about not asking anything at all."
Old 06-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

This is the reason people are turned off by not only this forum but by RC. People come here for help and yes sometimes stupid questions but at the same time trying to gain knowledge. You Oldschool are just a prick looking to shell everyone and anyone you can. Go pop on some kids on my space.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:17 PM

Thanks stiffler297 I still have not received a reply from zMAX... I am going to go call them again.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by stiffler297
This is the reason people are turned off by not only this forum but by RC. People come here for help and yes sometimes stupid questions but at the same time trying to gain knowledge. You Oldschool are just a prick looking to shell everyone and anyone you can. Go pop on some kids on my space.
Anybody that can't stand a little ribbing when asking something on the far side of what anybody else does really needs to not be so sensitive. Youve got to admit that the first post was wee bit on the far side of hilarious. But attacking oldschool for saying what he did only makes you look worse than him for saying what you did.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:21 PM

Yea I realized that, and I sent him a PM apologizing... lets get back to the topic now.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:25 PM

Ok everyone I just called zMAX and told her exactly what I was planning to do and she said she was almost positive that it will work and will stay properly blended because it is used in the alcohol dragsters, but to be 100% sure she is going to go personally talk to one of the designers and testers and will get back to me soon possibly today. She really knew what she was talking about, it was cool for a girl to know all this haha. She also said that they have been receiving a lot of calls like this, asking about alternative things to use zMAX in like soy based fuels and even propane powered fork lifts and such. Also I learned you only have to use zMAX periodically. With our small motors it will be around the begining of every gallon. You are supposed to add 1 fl. oz. to every gallon but those instructions are for things like two stroke weedeaters that have tanks a lot larger than ours. I am going to estimate that a weedeater gas tank uses about .5 gallons so running a gallon of zMAX mixed fuel is two tanks and two tanks on a nitro car is around 300cc of fuel. So after doing some fun conversions and proportions I found that 2.35cc (if you wanna be precise 2.34375cc ) should be the right fuel to zMAX ratio for our small motors. So I will have to use a graduated cylinder to make this most accurate. So in order to do the test I am going to run two tanks of regular fuel through, take data and photos, let the motor cool and then run two tanks of zMAX blended fuel, take data and photos and then compare. Does this sound like a good experiment? Am I missing any elements to consider?
Old 06-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the stuff works!!! i have done the same experiment. my grandfather and i have the same exact motors and we did a test to see which one would actually last longer.. the one with Zmaxx or the one with out. at the end of our results due to failure in one of the motors(the one with out zmaxx) we found that zmaxx actually kept the motor alittle cooler and the motor was substatially cleaner than the other. we took a gallon of blue thunder 20% and add half the bottle of zmaxx to one and the other nothing. we started this a year ago and i am going on close to 3 gallons with no power loses no lose of tune, the motor is clean as can be and stays with in 200-220. so i would definatly say that Zmaxx works from experiance.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:42 PM

That is exactly what I guessed from the start... hah HA yes! so a whole bottle??? do you run it all the time? also have you checked to see if it is flammable?
Old 06-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

it has to be flammable if it is able to be combustable its an additive for fuel. i only used half the zmaxx bottle to one whole gallon of nitro fuel. it also smells better too with it mixed in.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dieseldog20
the stuff works!!! i have done the same experiment. my grandfather and i have the same exact motors and we did a test to see which one would actually last longer.. the one with Zmaxx or the one with out. at the end of our results due to failure in one of the motors(the one with out zmaxx) we found that zmaxx actually kept the motor alittle cooler and the motor was substatially cleaner than the other. we took a gallon of blue thunder 20% and add half the bottle of zmaxx to one and the other nothing. we started this a year ago and i am going on close to 3 gallons with no power loses no lose of tune, the motor is clean as can be and stays with in 200-220. so i would definatly say that Zmaxx works from experiance.
I think you could get those same type of results using the same motors, but without the zmax. I know I have, one motor to the next. For something like that to be qualified as verifiable or quantitative you'd need to show it on a whole lot more than just one motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.