Wiki Posts
Search

Help Ofna Hyper7 tq sport or lx1

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Help Ofna Hyper7 tq sport or lx1

I'm upgrading from a nitro 1:10 st to a buggy, my budget is at about $300, I've narrowed it down to the Ofna Hyper 7 sport or the ultra lx1. I'm mainly a basher that like to go to the track, the main reason I'm getting a buggy is because someday I'd like to maybe enter a club race, I'm not looking to be a front runner in racing, just want to have fun. Help me chose!
Old 06-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

i would say save a little longer and get a better RTR.. it will cost u less in the long run.....i would say get a losi, jammin or an AE buggy... but thats my opinion.. if ur heart is set on those 2 just get the 1 you can get parts for....
Old 06-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If it has to be out of those 2 get the Hyper, it is a better handling car. It is an old model but was designed to race. But I would save $50 more dollars and get the Cen Matrix buggy. It is in my eyes the best rtr for the price and comes with an Airtronics MX-3 and metal geared servos. For you that will be fine.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The new Hyper 7 TQ "Black" is RTR and comes with a .21 engine so you are legal to race. Oh yeah, it lists for $299.95. Realistically, you'd need to upgrade the steering servo and add a 6v rechargeable receiver pack but for about $350.00 or so if you by a servo on E-Bay, you can drop the thing on the track and give club racing a try.

Sooner or later, you'll break a steering knuckle. If you pony up for the CNC knuckles, the rest of the car is pretty tough to break. Good luck.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

One warning about the Hyper 7, try looking for parts before you decide, I have one and had to retire it from racing, because parts are becoming pretty hard to find for it.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

i would hold out on hyper 7 and get a jammin if possible...because it's a great car if you save up a little more you may be able to get one with a good setup on it for the same price unless you've got to get something new then i'd get a losi irf you want a good rtr out of box...but either way would be great cars
Old 06-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

if you have to get either one go with the Hyper 7, there are plenty of parts on ebay and I believe nitrohouse has a lot of parts too so you shouldn't worry about that, but if you spend $150 more you can get the Hyper 8 RTR and will come with a free upgrade to convert it to 8.5 and you will have all the 8 parts you remove as extra parts.