Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blue Grove or Loomy Which Do You Prefer

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 11:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hey I know..Lets put carpet down..Run foams..Off Road should not be blue groove..Water cost's more?? Spoken like a sponsored driver....At $80+ for a set of truggy tires I can not afford or will not afford to race at tracks like this..for someone just racing because they like racing going to a big race where they blow off the track put down syrup..etc no longer makes sense..And the "it will never be the same for everyone" do you honestly think it makes a huge difference in what main you end up in..I have been racing for a very long time..I have raced it dry wet and damp..from what I have seen the fast guys make the show and the slow ones dont..you might go up or down one or two mains..but they do put the water down for the mains..if you truly dont belong in the main your in..it's nitro you'll transfer out..
Old 06-17-2008, 11:56 PM
Tech Legend

Default Blue groove is my pick

A good blue groove track provides the best racing cus your ride has the same track,heat after heat....

Loamy bumpy tracks usually turn`s into racing the track instead of the other guy, not much car to car, wheel to wheel action .....

Roster tail`s are great for bashing....
Old 06-18-2008, 12:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

to add to wild cherry,

1. for weekly racing I 100% prefer racing under the lights at night watered track some loam and great traction and easy tire wear.

2. For big races I 100% prefer blue groove racing. It is a heck of a lot more consistant. You can find the right tire then fine tune your car. if anything the traction will get higher and higher. although when they start blowing out it kind of stinks but that happens at big races with any track condition. another point is when you go to a big event you know what to expect you set your budget up for you to attend that event and therefore tire wear should not be a major issue. but when it comes to weekly racing nobody wants to eat a pair of 1/8th scale tires every 2 runs.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

+1 good point
Old 06-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I like a track that changes during the coarse of a race and groves up during the race. It may break up a bit till it grooves but once its grooved you can run bald eagle tires and still get the performance from your kit.
Talk about tire mileage you just cant beet it. On a loamy track the tread is done before the foams are.

Also you will have a better chance at winning if you can adjust to the track better then the guy in front of you and its much closer to real racing as it gets.
I say let the track change with the racing. And groove up.
Track are never loamy enough till late at night. And they aren't loamy enough during the day till the dew comes up at night.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i like it when the track changes
Old 06-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Elam
to add to wild cherry,

1. for weekly racing I 100% prefer racing under the lights at night watered track some loam and great traction and easy tire wear.

2. For big races I 100% prefer blue groove racing. It is a heck of a lot more consistent. You can find the right tire then fine tune your car. if anything the traction will get higher and higher. although when they start blowing out it kind of stinks but that happens at big races with any track condition. another point is when you go to a big event you know what to expect you set your budget up for you to attend that event and therefore tire wear should not be a major issue. but when it comes to weekly racing nobody wants to eat a pair of 1/8th scale tires every 2 runs.

Your absolutely right. Weekly racing under lights, and if I'm going to a major race then I have a budget for tires. For state races where you race every two weeks or once a mouth at several different tracks, I think it should be kept as cost efficient as possible for the racers. Cutting back on tire ware is a great way to do that.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
I like a track that changes during the coarse of a race and groves up during the race. It may break up a bit till it grooves but once its grooved you can run bald eagle tires and still get the performance from your kit.
Talk about tire mileage you just cant beet it. On a loamy track the tread is done before the foams are.

Also you will have a better chance at winning if you can adjust to the track better then the guy in front of you and its much closer to real racing as it gets.
I say let the track change with the racing. And groove up.
Track are never loamy enough till late at night. And they aren't loamy enough during the day till the dew comes up at night.

That is exactly the way big races are. They build a new track. then on practice day it is not blue grooved. (but) by the time the actual races start it has one heck of a groove. or like the 2 times I was in Florida for a big race, it would groove each day. for instance race 1 in round 1 would be 2 seconds slower a lap over race 19 in round 1. but that is why qual points is good, along with heat shuffles

Racing in Kansas must be great because our track all 3 of them here in driving distance from me you water them all before round 1 and you dont have to water again, and traction is great with little or no tire wear. Normally the races start with the sun still out, but by round 2 or so it is pretty well down. Makes racing weekly more affordable.

Most of the time if you are driver (A) and your beating driver (B) on a track that is changing every run out, then 95% of the time even on a track that is 100% the same every run you will beat driver (B) as well. The reason for big races trying to be a consistant track, is because like I mentioned above and trust me this is 100% fact. At the 2003 Ifmar Worlds in Florida in the morning when you first got to the track and ran race 1 round 1 the track was very very slow. "IF" they had not had qual points or shuffles with as fast as that track changed from no groove at all to full blue groove. You might of had some nobody like myself tq the worlds. and in no way deserve it. The florida track was fun and in no way am in dogging on them. there was a decent amount of rain over that 10 days as well which was not helping the track any.

My point I guess was that racing weekly needs to be pointed towards cost effective. That way you can have families racing and have a good time without spending tons of money. Although I never feel sorry for someone complaing about the amount of tire wear they experienced at the nationals. I mean come on. If you go to the nationals you should expect to spend money if you are an up comer racer trying to see how you stack up. now if your going to just have fun and watch the pros then look at it like a great experience. I feel bad for drivers that race weekly on a track that is 1 run tires. I am not trying to say my thinking is right or wrong. but know that paying for tires is not the fun part of racing. it is the racing part that is fun..LOL
Old 06-19-2008, 05:06 AM

has anyone ever tried sportwerks mounted tires before? they are $30 for four which is a a really good deal... I would try them but I got a thing for black wheels!
Old 06-19-2008, 07:21 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by lanerbrainer205
has anyone ever tried sportwerks mounted tires before? they are $30 for four which is a a really good deal... I would try them but I got a thing for black wheels!
There to soft. They wear fast and if the track is dry they last one day. But they are cheap.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Mike Elam
That is exactly the way big races are. They build a new track. then on practice day it is not blue grooved. (but) by the time the actual races start it has one heck of a groove. or like the 2 times I was in Florida for a big race, it would groove each day. for instance race 1 in round 1 would be 2 seconds slower a lap over race 19 in round 1. but that is why qual points is good, along with heat shuffles

Racing in Kansas must be great because our track all 3 of them here in driving distance from me you water them all before round 1 and you dont have to water again, and traction is great with little or no tire wear. Normally the races start with the sun still out, but by round 2 or so it is pretty well down. Makes racing weekly more affordable.

Most of the time if you are driver (A) and your beating driver (B) on a track that is changing every run out, then 95% of the time even on a track that is 100% the same every run you will beat driver (B) as well. The reason for big races trying to be a consistant track, is because like I mentioned above and trust me this is 100% fact. At the 2003 Ifmar Worlds in Florida in the morning when you first got to the track and ran race 1 round 1 the track was very very slow. "IF" they had not had qual points or shuffles with as fast as that track changed from no groove at all to full blue groove. You might of had some nobody like myself tq the worlds. and in no way deserve it. The florida track was fun and in no way am in dogging on them. there was a decent amount of rain over that 10 days as well which was not helping the track any.

My point I guess was that racing weekly needs to be pointed towards cost effective. That way you can have families racing and have a good time without spending tons of money. Although I never feel sorry for someone complaing about the amount of tire wear they experienced at the nationals. I mean come on. If you go to the nationals you should expect to spend money if you are an up comer racer trying to see how you stack up. now if your going to just have fun and watch the pros then look at it like a great experience. I feel bad for drivers that race weekly on a track that is 1 run tires. I am not trying to say my thinking is right or wrong. but know that paying for tires is not the fun part of racing. it is the racing part that is fun..LOL
I have still to determine which is cheaper. With the buggy its night time racing with the Truggy its any time. We run bald eagles on it and it performs better than with tread, kinda like a hole shot tire would perform.

On racing I like a track that puts the win in the air. I want to think the race could be any ones. And the track is the key. If its to consistent it may as well be a n on road coarse.
If a nobody wins he will deserve is on his own merits not a fluke.
I just like a blown out track. I have made passes many times on pro racers that flipped or got out of shape for one reason or another. I think it evens it up a bit. Man and machine vs. the terrain makes the racing closer.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lanerbrainer205
I tried sportwerks an they are more for backyard racing. the tie fell cheep and they feel like there are no inserts in them. Try the twister tires they work very well an the are $20 a set. www.twistertiresusa.com they are well worth the money. At least I'm happy with them.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:45 AM

Cool, do they all come in yellow though? Also do you have any pics of the other two tires listed?
Old 06-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

as far I know they do yellow
Old 06-19-2008, 09:00 AM

so they dont offer any more colors?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.