Search

Mugen MBX5R Clutch??

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Mugen MBX5R Clutch??

Hello all,
I just bought a Mugen MBX5R and I am curious as to what clutch set up everyone is running? I am going to buy a clutch setup from AMain within a couple days and would just like to know what people are using. Brand/size of shoes, flywheel, bell, springs, etc. would be a GREAT help. Thanks a lot!

Blake
Old 06-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mugen clutch parts are pretty standard. If you dont like alot of maintanence, then go with the mugen carbon shoes and 1.0 springs or the Dynamite long lasting shoes with 1.0 or 1.1 springs and then mugen flywheel and clutch bell.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:30 AM
Tech Addict

depending on track and grip really

if theres plenty of grip run all ally shoes with 1mm springs, if you want more kick then lighten shoes or get the lightweight ally shoes i dont find the 1.1 springs fit well tbh

when theres less grip replace one or more of the ally shoes with either the mugen carbon or the white ptfe shoes, for tuning the white shoes will slip less than the black do, i have been advised and do run these shoes with the .9 springs to make them last longer, you can run 1mm no probs but the hole will wear loose around the pin sooner.

normally run the 13t bell unless the track is huge in which case you may benefit from the 14t, you could also run the 14t if track conditions were killing carbon but didnt want the kick from all ally shoes the 14t would tame it a bit with the gearing.

standard mugen flywheel.

there are plenty of other branded clutch shoes which will also work, the dynamite long lifes do get mentioned a lot as free2day said, if you do run the mugen ally remember to periodically remove the clutch bell and chech the shoes for burrs which will need to be removed or will cause problems.

hth