R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-16-2008, 10:39 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default carolinasrc return problems?

has anyone here ever had problems when returning items to carolinasrc?

I returned some items a while ago, about 60$ worth, I sent them to the same address thats on the package when he (jon martin) sent them to me.

he claims to have not received them which I dont really believe. He also seemed hesitant to do the returns in the first place.

so I was just wondering if anyone has experienced the same problems I am.

Personally im done with carolinasrc, im going to start usin amain hobbies now.

ps: I havnt been on carolinasrc in a while, and last time I was on he had a points proram that games you back money for every dollar you spent, well I had spent 880$ (880 points) and was eligible for like 15$ off for 750 points. well he changed it so that now you need 500 points for 10$ and 1000 points for 20$. Im definately not spending another 120 there for a 10$ discount, just another thing that made me lose respest for that site.

/complaining.
new to rc cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to justindyer

Sorry about your problems but you should go to TiltedRC.com really good prices and cheaper than Amain.
justindyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:58 AM   #3
Tech Regular

I have never had a bad experience with carolinas rc, so I would believe what he says. I agree though amain while it is a great place to buy can be high. If you want cheap parts and are willing to call the place to order them try my LHS. Their website is www.extremerconline.com. Honestly their parts are cheap and they have the best prices around on major purchases like kits and motors. Trust me its worth the call, I dont work for them nor am I sponsored by them, I just wanna save fellow rc'ers money. They do have a web site and do have a online store but it isnt updated much. Call them and give em a shot then pm me and thank me later.
blowpopracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:01 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I know the thread was about returns at carolinasrc, but if you're looking for somewhere else to shop I would concur with Justin about Tilted and also suggest that you look into Modhobby.com. Both places are run by racers and invest a bunch into the racing community and have been awesome to work with.
soccerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:29 AM   #5
Tech Regular

thats fine, Im also looking for a new place to shop.

I will try tiltedRC, I believe i checked their gas ou on time and it was like 25 per gallon!! I pay 40$ per gallon here!

thanks for the advice guys.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:18 PM   #6
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by new to rc cars View Post
has anyone here ever had problems when returning items to carolinasrc?

I returned some items a while ago, about 60$ worth, I sent them to the same address thats on the package when he (jon martin) sent them to me.

he claims to have not received them which I dont really believe. He also seemed hesitant to do the returns in the first place.
Hi Cory,

I wanted to come on here to set the record straight. I'm sorry, but the return has still not shown up. I've double checked twice, and it has still not arrived. We process roughly 10 returns each week, so we have no problems doing returns for people...but unfortunately there's little I can do if the return doesn't make it to us.

In the future, whether it's with us or someone else, I'd highly suggest using a shipping method that has a tracking number and/or insurance. It only costs a couple bucks more, but is worth it for the peace of mind, IMO. I know all too well how many packages get lost by the postal service. Also, you never know...we've had packages sent and delivered that have magically shown up weeks or even months after they were expected, so it still may show at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new to rc cars View Post
ps: I havnt been on carolinasrc in a while, and last time I was on he had a points proram that games you back money for every dollar you spent, well I had spent 880$ (880 points) and was eligible for like 15$ off for 750 points. well he changed it so that now you need 500 points for 10$ and 1000 points for 20$. Im definately not spending another 120 there for a 10$ discount, just another thing that made me lose respest for that site.
We reserve the right to change the details of our Customer Rewards program at any time...you'll see that all over the rules page. We started the program off with a promotional 10% back...obviously we can't keep those rates and stay in business. We've made adjustments to the promotion program about once a month for the past 6 months. I know it's frustrating, but with a weakening economy, a weak month of sales, and lots of bills, we have to make necessary adjustments to keep on truckin'....this was one of the necessary adjustments. That being said, our Customer Rewards program was the first of it's kind in the R/C industry, and still offers the most bang for the buck of any of them, even after the adjustments. Compare it to the others, and you'll see.

As a token of good faith, I am willing to give you a credit in the amount of 50% of the items you sent back. You said you sent $60 worth of items back, so I'd be happy to give you a $30 credit now. Please drop me a line and I'll make arrangements.

Obviously when the package arrives, I'll create a credit for you in the amount of the remaining balance.

Thanks, and sorry for the problems!

Regards,
Jon Martin
www.CarolinasRC.com

Last edited by jmart1013; 06-16-2008 at 02:19 PM. Reason: forgot to sign my name @ the bottom! d'oh! :)
jmart1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Carolinas is a top notch company that has lots of class!
I am now switching to purchasing the majority of my r/c parts to them!
They ship quick and have great deals!
What more could ya want?
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:38 PM   #8
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I agree carolinasrc is a good place to buy stuff
Old 06-16-2008, 04:42 PM   #9
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I met John last year at the Buggy Nats, and can say he seems like a legit person and Business owner, I have been buying from him for 2yrs, and have had nothing but great service.. Now the postal service, thats another topic
clay104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:55 PM   #10
Tech Apprentice

i am a satisfied customer of carolinasrc and never had any problems with them thanks a lot carolinasrc
shawnp. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:03 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Carolinasrc has always been great to me
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:03 PM   #12
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart1013 View Post
Hi Cory,

I wanted to come on here to set the record straight. I'm sorry, but the return has still not shown up. I've double checked twice, and it has still not arrived. We process roughly 10 returns each week, so we have no problems doing returns for people...but unfortunately there's little I can do if the return doesn't make it to us.

In the future, whether it's with us or someone else, I'd highly suggest using a shipping method that has a tracking number and/or insurance. It only costs a couple bucks more, but is worth it for the peace of mind, IMO. I know all too well how many packages get lost by the postal service. Also, you never know...we've had packages sent and delivered that have magically shown up weeks or even months after they were expected, so it still may show at some point.

We reserve the right to change the details of our Customer Rewards program at any time...you'll see that all over the rules page. We started the program off with a promotional 10% back...obviously we can't keep those rates and stay in business. We've made adjustments to the promotion program about once a month for the past 6 months. I know it's frustrating, but with a weakening economy, a weak month of sales, and lots of bills, we have to make necessary adjustments to keep on truckin'....this was one of the necessary adjustments. That being said, our Customer Rewards program was the first of it's kind in the R/C industry, and still offers the most bang for the buck of any of them, even after the adjustments. Compare it to the others, and you'll see.

As a token of good faith, I am willing to give you a credit in the amount of 50% of the items you sent back. You said you sent $60 worth of items back, so I'd be happy to give you a $30 credit now. Please drop me a line and I'll make arrangements.

Obviously when the package arrives, I'll create a credit for you in the amount of the remaining balance.

Thanks, and sorry for the problems!

Regards,
Jon Martin
www.CarolinasRC.com
hey Jon, thanks for that post. You guys aernt such a bad company after all.

I sent the return package around May 10th so you should have received it by now no matter what. I also sent a receiver at around the same time to someone else and they claim to have not received it so I dont know what the hell is going on with the post office.

I have an order waiting on the site (CRC-102651), its worth 25$ and if you could ship that well call it even?

Thanks alot Jon, I really appreciate it. I am going to stick with carolinasrc for along time to come
Old 06-16-2008, 06:05 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Let me say this.
There is NO WAY I would ship a package without tracking, and then blame teh company when they say they have not received it.
I have had WAY too much lost with USPS or delayed to send without a tracking #
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:21 PM   #14
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRussian View Post
Let me say this.
There is NO WAY I would ship a package without tracking, and then blame teh company when they say they have not received it.
I have had WAY too much lost with USPS or delayed to send without a tracking #
yeah I shouldnt have blamed carolinas, I had a feeling it was the post offices fault, I was just a little pissed off about the whole situation.

Yes I will be getting tracking numbers from now on.

ps: I used canada post and they seem to like not giving out tracking numbers
Old 06-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #15
Tech Addict

Carolinas RC is a great online hobby store. I personally have been ordering allot of my parts, tires and so on from these guys, and very rarely have i had a messed up order. they seem very understanding each time i deal with them over the phone. they also have very competitive prices and all my orders arrive dead on time!

Sorry about your bad luck, im sure it will turn up sometime or somewhere. I had to learn my lesson on how to ship anything out the hard way as well..
Tonys Screws- Keeps you from getting screwed
Byrons Fuel- Makes the RC world go round
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote